Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 716 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 762 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon October 16, 2013
We recently upgraded to iPhone 5s and, while we still have a classic iPod that fit our Yamaha YDS-10 Universal iPod Dock for Select Yamaha Home Theater Receivers, it had suddenly become a lot less useful. Enter the CoolStream.

Set-up was simple. Took it out of the box, slipped it into the dock, turned on the receiver and held the button on top for 3 seconds until the blue light began to flash. My iPhone 5s immediately found the CoolStream, though I did have to turn Bluetooth on and off to get it to pair correctly. Once I did, it was rock solid, streaming Pandora or iTunes from my phone, even with the phone at least two rooms away. Awesome!

Decided to try it out with my MacBook Pro and it also paired easily (NOTE: only one device can be connected at a time) and the audio was streaming from my laptop without issue.

A bargain for what it does. I'm very impressed with this simple, easy to use little gizmo.
on September 27, 2013
This product works! I bought this to work along side a CableJive DockStubz CableJive dockStubz+ Charge Converter and 30-pin Pass Through Adapter for iPhone, iPod, and iPad. With both of these I can take my Bose Sounddock I , which uses the older firewire, and make it able to convert to 30 pin and then I put the CoolStream on top of that and stream my music through bluetooth. This is amazing because most newer electronics have bluetooth. This is a handy, I streamed music from my new iPod and my macbook air. It sounds amazing, finally I can use my Bose again! Also, it doesn't have to just be music, I tested this while playing apps on my iPod. So if you desire to hear Candy Crush through your Bose you can. I highly recommend this piece to anyone who has an old Bose lying around collecting dust.

Update: I just tried plugging the CoolStream Receiver right into the Bose dock and it worked without needing the CableJive converter.
review image
on November 10, 2012
I was very excited when I found this thing, but sadly it just doesn't work. I'm not sure what's left after you get through the restricted devices. Bummer.

From the company website, buried in the tech specs:

Restrictions
The CoolStream Bluetooth receiver inputs an analog audio signal into the docking station. Docking stations that support only digital signal input are not supported by our device. Incompatible docking stations include Altec Lansing Mix IMT800, Bose SoundDock Portable, Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Mini, Logitech Pure Fi Express Plus S-00067, Philips Fidelio DS9000/DS8550/DS8530/DS8500, Sangean WR-5, Sony CMTBX20i /ICF-CL75iP /ICF-CS15iP /RDH-SK8iP /RDP-X50iP /RDP-X200iP /RDP-X500iP /XDR-S10hdiP and Yamaha Stereo Receiver with iPod Dock.
We have tested the CoolStream Bluetooth receiver with many vehicles, but far from all. Some automobiles do not support our device and these include the Acura TSX, Audi A3/A4/Q5/S4, BMW Mini Cooper, BMW 135i/328i/335d/528i/X5, Chevrolet Malibu LTZ, Infiniti all models from 2008 to present, Jeep Wrangler, Lexus RX350, Mercedes CLK550/GL550/E550, Mercedes all models from 2009 to present, Nissan all models from 2008 to present, and Volkswagon GTI. CoolStream is NOT supported by iPhone/iPod cables that plug into the car stereo USB port. CoolStream is also NOT supported by after market car cables such as iSimple Gateway, Griffin AutoPilot or Alpine KCE-433iV.
1111 comments| 177 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2012
The main reason for this purchase was due to an update of my iPhone and the changes of their port caused a lot of my sound system to be unusable on the new iPhone 5.

There are two sound systems that I "tested" the CoolStream, which are the two areas I would use it it regularly.

1) Sony DVD Home Theatre System (Model # DAV-HDZ272)-The CoolStream DOES NOT work on the surround sound system. I am not sure why because I am able to plug my iPhone 4 and have it play music with no issues. I have connected my phone to the bluetooth successfully it however stays as dead air.

2) Bose SoundDock II- The CoolStream works well on the Bose SoundDock II. It works well however, I find it to give me some static feedback when I am more than 10ft way from the stream.

So to review, I would recommend this to people because it does save me money on the fact of not having to buy a completely new docking station. However the two issues I would strongly suggest resolving.
1) Not connecting at all on surround system docking stations.
2) Static feedback more than 10ft (iPhone) away from the CoolStream adapter.
on November 20, 2013
This device is great for those that have a newer iOS device using the lightning connector and an older music player with the legacy iPhone plug.

Works as planned. Sometimes does not reconnect to the device as quick as would like, either the device can't find the CoolStream or it isn't broadcasting.

Music was clear and no drops once connected.

As with all Bluetooth devices, I recommend keeping it within line of sight of the device and less that 30 feet. Walls and draws may affect quality of the signal.
on September 3, 2014
Before ordering this I did my homework and made sure it was compatible with my speaker, it was. Took it out of the box, plugged it in. Pairing was simple and worked as advertised, with one hitch. It would only work if the speaker dock was plugged in. Bummer.
So I called Coolstream's customer service. Thought maybe there was something I was doing wrong. It was explained to me that is how the device works. The Coolstream Duo however has a workaround so the speaker can be used on battery power.
What happened next blew my mind. They offered to exchange the one I bought for a Duo. I took them up on it and tried it out. Worked like a champ. The auxiliary cable from Bluetooth receiver to Aux port on the speaker and I was streaming. Having to run a cable is a little hokey in my opinion but it gets the job done, and a hell of a lot cheaper than upgrading to a straight Bluetooth speaker system.
Bottom line here folks is that this is a company who stands behinds their products and gives great customer service. How customer service should be. Mark you rock and will be looking to buy Coolstream products in the future.
on November 5, 2012
I love this thing! My husband has an iPhone 5, and I have a Windows Phone, so neither phone will plug into our Bose dock speaker. The speaker does have an audio jack that you can connect with, and we have the dock adapter for the iPhone 5, but we were actually looking at replacing the whole thing with the new Bluetooth Bose Dock. But that costs $300 and this was only $40! It works perfectly, super easy to pair with our phones and the laptop. It would be 5 stars if it would work in our truck which has a USB connection to the central audio system.

Makes your old Bose dock a Bluetooth device!
on November 1, 2013
I reviewed several different bluetooth receivers before settling on the Coolstream. It was one of the most expensive at $40 but it was the only one that specifically mentioned a software update to link my iphone with the Bose Sound Dock Portable. I'm sure that some of the other, less expensive, also work fine--but the CoolStream seemed to have the most detailed descriptions for what I wanted.

First, it was amazingly easy to set up. I took it out of the box and plugged it into the legacy Apple 30 pin connector in my Bose Sound Dock portable. Immediately a small blue flashing light told me it was getting good power. I went to my iphone 5s, turned on bluetooth, and saw the CoolStream listed. I simply selected it and in about 5 - 10 seconds it came back with "connected." I am a skeptical guy and really did not expect that to be all there was to it. What about secret codes or some other requirements? Nope, as soon as I hit music and played the first song, I got beautiful stereo sound out of my Bose portable. Wow! Plus, it looks good in the unit without too many glaring bells and whistles.

Second, the sound is very very good--full stereo that doesn't sound clipped at either the high or low ends. Sounds just as if my phone or ipod was directly plugged in.

Finally, we have a relatively good sized apartment and the bluetooth signal worked from every room. The 30 foot specification seems right on. If you put it in the same room as the Bose, I don't think you'll see any signal degration at all.

Bottom line: small easy-to-use bluetooth receiver that works great in Bose Sound Dock systems.
on December 14, 2012
UPDATE: After buying this item, the vendor determined it is not compatible with the Bose Portable. I sent it back for a refund. Instead I bought a "TekuOne Wireless Bluetooth Music Receiver Adapter for Bose Sounddock" which has worked flawlessly. If you have the portable, check it out.

I have a Bose Sound Dock Portable and an iphone 5. Like many others, it was easy to install and connect to the first time. The sound is quality is decent enough; there are limits to what Bluetooth can deliver.

But I have had problems using this device. Some may be caused by the iphone, it is hard to say. Here are my experiences.

The connection is broken when my iphone gets about ten feet away from my Bose. I was hoping for a greater range. I have a Logitech mouse that stays connected well over 30 feet from my laptop. On the other hand, a Microsoft mouse loses the signal at about 5 feet. The Coolstream falls in between these two.

More aggravating, when I lose my connection, it can be hard to get it back. I try turning off and on the Bluetooth on my phone. I turn off and on the Coolstream. I have yet to come up with the right combination to do this quickly and reliably.

When I am playing music and either plug in the Bose AC power cord or unplug it, the volume becomes very faint.

I am still looking for workarounds to fix these problems when they crop up. This is not a perfect product, but I'm not sure there is a better one out there. Reading the reviews, they all seem to have some problems.
on October 30, 2014
This is the ONLY thing that works with my Bose Sound Dock First Generation. There are a couple 1st gen sound docks. One has a real 30-pin that works, one has a 30-pin that doesn't work. The first one has the 30-pin that doesn't work. It fried my iphone4s after the ios update. was really upset about that. i got the scoche adapter for it and tried a few different bluetooth things. none worked at all or at least not consistently. this works for me without the adapter. it works every time. sometimes you have to cycle your bluetooth off and on, on the device, but seldom. the sound is fantastic. you lose a little quality with all bluetooth connections, especially a little bass. there's no way around that. this one gets as close to original bose sound as i've ever gotten. it brought the sound dock back to life, and also works with the laptop so you can amplify netflix vids while you cook. this is a must for anyone with an old dock. best purchase ever.