Top positive review
9 people found this helpful
25 degrees lower average compared to stock fan
on January 29, 2018
This thing is huge, a little more complicated to put on than a stock fan, but the benefits are even bigger.
- CPU temperature went 25 degrees lower average. System is ridiculously cold as well because of the air flow (see next pro).
- Air flow is way easier to design with with a stand-up fan blowing from front to back
- Optional second 120mm fan can be mounted with provided attachment
- Versatile, can be used for many chipsets, so if you ever make a new build you will most likely be able to use it again (see product description)
Not really cons, but to keep in mind:
- No preset thermal paste (tube included)
- If your RAM has extra metal on top (heatsink), it might be tight/hard to fit/not fit (easy-breezy with low-profile Ballistix)
- If it's an upgrade, you will have to remove your motherboard as there is a part to attach at the bottom.
- Assembly requires some attention. The provided instructions have no words, just drawings, which can be confusing. Also, they mixed multiple chipset AMD/INTEL setup instructions so pay attention to the top left corner of each drawing. I recommend looking for a video instruction on YouTube with your chipset. The instructions weren't exactly in the same order as the paper's and felt more logical to me. Worked perfectly,