Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $5.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus - CPU Cooler with 4 Direct Contact Heat Pipes (RR-B10-212P-G1)
|Price:||$38.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Computer aided heat sink design provides fin optimization with perfect balance between high and low speed operation.
- Fan mounting using clips for easy installation and swapping
- Provides a versatile all-in-one mounting solution for various Intel and AMD sockets including Intel sockets LGA 1366/1155/1156/775 and AMD sockets AM3+/FM1/FM2
- Material: Aluminum Fin, w/ 4 heat pipes Connector: 4pin.
- Compatible with Intel: Core i7 Extreme, Core i7, Core i5, Core i3, Core 2 Extreme, Core 2 Quad, Core 2 Duo, Pentium, Celeron. AMD: FX Series, A Series, Phenom II X4, Phenom II X3, Phenom II X2, Phenom X4, Phenom X3
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler
Succeeding the popular Hyper 212, the Hyper 212 Plus carries on the legacy of providing a great balance of performance and noise level during high and low speed operations. It carries with it an industry leading value for performance.
|HIGHLY EFFECTIVE COOLING |
4 x Direct Contact heat pipes draw heat away from the CPU quickly.
|USER & SYSTEM CONTROL OF FAN(S) |
A wide range PWM fan can be controlled by changing its settings through supported systems or software to suit your noise and performance needs.
|UNIVERSAL MOUNTING SOLUTION |
Supports the latest sockets from Intel and AMD.
|QUICK SNAP FAN MOUNTING |
Utilize the included brackets to quickly add or remove fans for upgrades, replacement, or maintenance.
|CPU Socket||Intel®: |
Sandy Bridge 1155
Socket LGA 1366 / 1155 / 1156 / 775
Socket FM2 / FM1 / AM3+ / AM3 / AM2+ / AM2
|CPU Support||Intel®: |
Core™ i7 Extreme / Core™ i7 / Core™2 Extreme / Core™2 Quad / Core™2 Duo / Pentium® / Celeron®
Phenom™ II X4 / Phenom™ II X3 / Phenom™ X4 / Phenom™ X3 / Athlon™ X2 / Athlon™ / Sempron™
|Dimensions (W/H/D)||120 x 79.7 x 158.5 mm (L x W x H)|
|Weight||1.38 lbs; 626g|
|Heat Sink Material||Aluminum fin|
|Heat Pipes||4 pcs|
|Fan Dimension||120 x 120 x 25 mm|
|Fan Speed||600 - 2000 R.P.M. (PWM)|
|Fan Airflow||21.2 - 76.8 CFM|
|Air pressure (mmH2O)||0.40 - 3.90 mmH2O|
|Bearing Type||Long life sleeve bearing|
|Fan Life Expectancy||40,000hrs|
|Fan Noise Level (dB-A)||13 - 32 dBA dBA Reference|
Top Customer Reviews
Only $30, when most high-end heatsinks are priced at $50+ on NewEgg. If you want your CPU to run cooler for a cheap price, the Hyper 212+ is perfect.
The manual has two to three pictures each step, along with the most minimal of a sentence that describes what the pictures want you to do. You're better off watching the youtube video that Cooler Master uploaded.
Once again, I strongly advise just throwing out the given instructions and view the video that Cooler Master has uploaded to youtube. Installing was a bit tricky at first, one of the nuts refused to go the entire length of the screw, needed pliers to force it the rest of the way. After attaching the backplate, the rest of the process went very smooth.
I installed this heatsink to a week-old i5 750 CPU. Temps were running 45C idle with stock heatsink. After applying the Hyper 212+, the i5 dropped to 28C idle. I have yet to encounter temperatures above 35C on heavy load. Overclocking the i5 to 3.6GHz, the temps rise to 37C idle, which is simply amazing. I previously tried to O/C with the i5's stock heatsink, and the temp skyrocketed to 65C after booting Windows.
Comes with a 120mm fan attached onto the heatsink. The metal clips make it very easy to remove the fan for heatsink installation. Has an extra two metal clips in case you would like to add an additional fan on the opposite side for more airflow. In terms of noise, my case fans are louder than the packaged 120mm fan. The PC is positioned about 10 feet away from my bed, and I have no trouble sleeping because of noise.Read more ›
1. This heatsink fits many CPUs/motherboards (1156, 1155, 775, AMD, etc.), which actually complicates installation a little. There are three different settings for the brackets depending on your motherboard and CPU, so you have to be sure and follow the correct instructions for your board. Not too hard if you know what the final outcome is supposed to look like. The enclosed instructions didn't show the settings for 1155 on it, so I just followed the 1156 instructions, which worked fine. SETUP = 4 stars
2. The heatsink is tall (it wouldnt fit in either of my standard Dell or HP cases based on the measurements), but fits fine in my Antec DF-85 case I bought for my new PC with room to spare. If you're unsure, take some basic measurements before ordering. DIMENSIONS = 4 Stars
3. It is quiet. There is a huge fan on it, but the fan doesnt any real noise at all when I tested it running by itself (case fans disconnected). Running with the 7 other fans in the case didnt change the overall noise profile. NOISE = 5 Stars
4. Running a i5-2500K CPU at 4.5Ghz (overclocked from 3.3Ghz) with Intel stock cooler and CPU running at 100% load: 70 degrees. Same CPU setup with Cool Master Hyper 212 Plus and CPU running at 100% load: 55 degrees. COOLING/VALUE = 5 Stars
6. You can buy and clip on a second fan to the heatsink.Read more ›
I have yet to take advantege of using dual 120mm fans, the factory fan seems to be suffice to keep my 3.75Ghz 1.36vcore e5200 consistant at 52C 24hrs on prime95. I cannot distinguish between the noise of this and the three other stock fans in my case except for my XFX9800GT's factory fan. I will recommend this to any enthusiast and even lable the product a "must have". I am looking forward to mounting this on a future planned socket 1366 or 1156. Have a good day.
My Gigabyte motherboard doesn't offer much control over the fan speed so I'm using the free SpeedFan program to control the speed for different temperature levels. At idle the processor is 38C and the fan is set to a silent 70%. At full load the processor is 53C and the fan is barely audible at 80%. I like my computer to be quiet.
The mounting bracket is a bit fussy but I had it mounted in 10 minutes or so. It has a backplate which is a good thing because it allows a tighter clamp and puts less stress on the motherboard. I'm cheap and I used the thermal paste that came with it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Man I bought this soo long ago I cant even remember. But it still works just fine.Published 1 month ago by little_scrapper
Definetly the best air cooler for the money. it works on every socket out there and replaced my noisy self contained water cooler. This is not the second cooler like this I own. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Chev
NO air-cooled CPU cooler is better than the 212, and, while it may be tricky for a first-time user to install, it does the job amazingly well. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Rick Wrigley
Can't say enough about this CPU cooler. Friends say it's over kill because of the size, I just let them think they know what they're talking about. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
Bulletproof, I've had this running for 3 years on two different gaming rigs/processors and it's still doing its job. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Shaunessy