|Brand Name||Cooler Master|
|Item model number||MK-850-GKCR1-US|
|Item Weight||4.53 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||18.7 x 6.1 x 1.7 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||18.74 x 6.07 x 1.71 inches|
4 Year PC Peripheral Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers failures due to power surge and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and select coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. All other coverage begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Cooler Master MK850 Gaming Mechanical Keyboard with Cherry MX Switches, Aimpad Technology, Precision Wheels, and RGB Illumination
|Price:||$199.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Cherry MX switches - dominate rapid-fire situations with genuine German engineered switches good for 50 million clicks.
- Revolutionary aimpad technology - exclusive partnership that gives you a competitive edge with total analog movement control while gaming.
- Media keys and precision wheels - adjust everything from volume to RGB effects
- Anodized brushed aluminum - high quality construction with industrial-grade brushed aluminum for the chassis.
- Rgb Backlighting with light bar - illuminate your keyboard with lighting effects in 16.7 million colors.
- On-the-fly adjustment of settings - Full control of lighting, macros and profiles - all without the need of software
- Firmware and software updates – unlock your keyboard's full potential by heading over to cooler master's website for the newest firmware and software
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Keyboard? Gamepad? Why not both?
The MK850 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard is fully featured with exclusive Aimpad technology for analog control. Transition seamlessly from MOBA to FPS to driving games and even flight sims with unprecedented analog control on a cluster of eight keys (QWER + ASDF). Feature packed with Cherry MX switches for durability, Precision Wheels for easy in-game adjustments, and brushed aluminum to last through all your battles. Combined with removable Type-C cable, magnetic wrist rest, and per-key RGB backlighting, the MK850 is the next step in gaming technology. It's a game-changer - literally.
- Cherry MX RGB Red Switch
- Pressure Sensitive Keys
- Dedicated Media Keys
- Anodized Brushed Aluminum
- RGB Illumination
- On-the-Fly Adjustments
Cherry MX RGB Red Switch
Dominate rapid-fire situations with genuine German engineered switches good for up to 50 million clicks.
Exclusive partnership that gives you a competitive edge with total analog movement control while gaming.
Media Keys & Precision Wheels
Adjust volume, RGB effects, or program other functions.
Full control of lighting, macros and profiles - all without the need of software.
|Keyboard Size||Full Size||Full Size||Full Size||Full Size|
|Switch Type||Gateron RGB Blue, Brown & Red||Cherry MX RGB Blue, Brown & Red||Cherry MX RGB Red||Cherry MX RGB Low Profile Red|
|Material||Aluminum / Plastic||Aluminum / Plastic||Aluminum / Plastic||Aluminum / Plastic|
|Response Rate||1ms / 1000Hz||1ms / 1000Hz||1ms / 1000Hz||1ms / 1000Hz|
|32bit ARM Cortex M3||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Multi-media Keys||Through Function Key (FN)||Yes, 4 dedicated||Yes, 5 dedicated + 2 Wheels||Through Function Key (FN)|
The Mk850 mechanical gaming Keyboard is fully featured with exclusive aimpad technology for analog control. Transition seamlessly from MOBA to FPS to driving games and even flight sims with unprecedented control on a cluster of eight keys (qwer + asdf). feature packed with Cherry MX switches for durability, precision wheels for easy in-game adjustments, and brushed aluminum to last through all your battles. Combined with removable Type-C cable, magnetic wrist rest, and per-key RGB Backlighting, the Mk850 is the next step in gaming technology. It's a game-changer - literally.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Upon watching the video it had some cool features like the lcd screen etc. I received it and immediately tried it out. It is wider and noticeably heavier than the 502 with weights removed. The buttons on the side in my opinion are terrible. They are small and hard pressed. The one towards the front and back of the mouse are not only a tough stretch but also small and hard to press in an intense moment of a BR match. The software is neat but needs some work. It would randomly stop the lcd panel on the side. But it would still keep the hotkeys? After 1 hour I was back to the 502. I’m wanting the same style as 502 just wider. I love all the buttons that are easily accessible and programmable. Logitech has the best scroll wheel in the game.
If you can’t put up with weight and hard to press side buttons it’s a solid mouse. Just not for me.
Hope this helps!
Overall I am pleased with this product. Definitely a step up from the mousepad I ordered from CaféPress 20-some years ago. Installation was a breeze, including the Portal software. No obvious issues in Windows 10 from installing.
I play-tested in a few games, I prefer the cloth "speed" side over the aluminum "control" side. If I played FPS games, that side would be stellar for precision gameplay.
What I liked:
- Two sides for different styles of gameplay.
- RGB goodness. I have spent far too much time playing with the Portal software to make color combinations.
- Cloth side is very good at transmitting movement. Nearly effortless.
- Aluminum side stays nice and cool and is super smooth to the touch.
- A nice wide/long surface to navigate upon (I have limited desk space, so I have it oriented longways for now)
- My mouse doesn't feel like it's dragging on either side, but it feels like I have a better grip on Control side.
- low profile without a reciever box to ram my knuckles into, making orientation change up more feasable.
- Portal software will automatically revert changes should you exit without applying.
- Mouse pad stays lit even when PC is off, which looks cool.
What I disliked:
- A little disappointed that the CM logo box didn't light up on both sides.
- Can't remove the cloth side for cleaning.
- Was hoping the cable would be longer so I can just grab the mouse and pad and use it from across the room.
- Cloth side gathers dust/pet hair *very quickly* (especially if you don't keep a pristine battlestation)
- Mouse pad stays lit even when PC is off (and I'm trying to sleep).
What would make it better:
- Would like to be able to save/recall multiple color profiles in the Portal software, as well as retain the custom color palette. Also having the option to turn the mouse pad off when the PC is off would be a nice addition to it.
- Longer usb cable.
[Disclaimer 2: written after about 4 hours of use. No issues were noticed in that time, and it felt as comfortable and normal as using my previous mouse pad]
Received two days after ordering. Came well packaged inside of two boxes. Interior box was well made, pretty, and professional.
The mouse pad itself is sturdy and much larger than I thought it would be. The shape is very nice, the corners don't take away any necessary space since it's so large. The sides are angled downward towards the translucent middle section that is illuminated by LEDs, and I like the design of it all. The LEDs light up well and it's not easy to tell where each one is unless you're using a lighting setting that lights up individual sections. If you use a rotating or moving lighting setting, you won't notice where the individual lights are.
The aluminium side comes covered in a well-fitting plastic sheet, which itself is a good surface to use the mouse on, but that's probably not a good long-term idea. The aluminium surface is not reflective as I thought it would be, but it is smooth. My mouse squeaks when moving across it and doesn't feel good when doing so, but that be only specific mice, or because I have poked at the plastic bits under my mouse. The surface has no noticeable imperfections.
The low-friction cloth side appears similar to my previous mouse pad made of neoprene, and while I don't personally like the feel of the texture, it seems to be a good material. The mouse moves across it smoothly, but it does seem to have enough friction to stop the mouse when it has momentum (as in, if you were to give it a shove, the mouse wouldn't slide off). The top right corner of the cloth side is made of plastic with a Cooler Master logo with an illuminated border around it. This also comes covered in a plastic sheet with a tab to easily remove it. This corner does not remove enough surface area to have any effect on how I use the mouse, but if you use a very low sensitivity mouse, I could see you maybe pushing the mouse there and hitting the ridge. I feel the mouse pad is large enough for that not to happen in any reasonable circumstances. I am a bit concerned that the cloth will get dirty when using the aluminium side, since it is on the table and might pick up whatever accumulated particles there may be. This isn't a problem for me, but I have noticed that when the aluminium side is facing down towards the table, it has much less friction and grip than when the cloth side is down. It's much easier to slide the mouse pad like this (and it seems to pivot on the top right side when doing this for some reason). However, since my wrist is always on the mouse pad and I don't move the mouse very far, this hasn't been a problem for me. It does seem you need to be trying to move it for it to slide; in normal usage I didn't manage to do so, even when lifting my wrist. Actually, when I really tried to test this, keeping my wrist on the mousepad and moving my wrist with the mouse did pivot the mouse pad, but this is a very strange way to use the mouse as it does require some force. The cloth side seems to have more friction and doesn't move when trying the same motions.
The software for changing and editing lighting settings is downloaded from the Cooler Master website by searching for this product and clicking on "Downloads" then under "Software" click on "PORTAL". The software installed quickly and without issue. It is intuitive and easy to use, with several lighting settings and a full colour wheel and intensity bar for a full range of RGB colours. You can save custom colours and each lighting setting keeps the colours you gave it. You can switch setting at any time by opening the small program and clicking on one. You can even illuminate only certain parts of the mouse pad with the "Custom" feature if you'd like.
The cable is decently long (I can't find it now but I believe it said 1.2 or 1.5 metres long). and is braided, which I don't actually know about but it always looked and felt sturdy to me.
Overall, This is a very nice mouse pad and I have no issues with it. However, I love illuminated peripherals, so if you're just looking for a normal mouse pad, I don't see any reason to spend extra on this. I can't tell if it performs any better than my previous neoprene mouse pad because I'm not versed in the specifics of ergonomics. If this had not been a gift, I don't think I could have justified $70 for it, simply because it's a lot for what I see as just being nice to look at and have, when a $5 mouse pad can do the same functional job (as far as I can tell) just as well. But that's just my personal view, which should translate as: this is a good luxury Item, so if that's what you're looking for, this is a solid design.
The shape is honestly the best looking and very ergonomic for the hand.
It's really light weight and feels super durable.
The overall styling/aesthetic is not overdone.
The D-Pad on the side is awesome.
I definitely recommend this if you are looking for a gaming mouse