Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 114 reviews(5 star, Verified Purchases). See all 157 reviews
on December 8, 2015
My experience is with the 1000w model, it has served me excellently for the last 4 years. I built a fairly power-hungry system, Cooler Master HAF 932 case with lots of large fans, 2011 ASUS board with Intel i7 3930k, Corsair H80 liquid cooling system, 32gb RAM, 5 hard drives, etc... This power supply has run like a champ without any issues. Cables have all been easy to work with and plenty long enough even in an extremely large case. Of course the modular design helps keep everything neat and clean. I will definitely look at Cooler Master in the future for power supply needs.
on December 29, 2011
I began building a new gaming rig, starting with the power supply. Sadly, this was not my first purchase. I bought a 650W Corsair PSU and was a happy with it- up until the point where I decided I wanted a Crossfire setup with dual 6950s... Let's just say I would be pushing that power supply to the limits... That's when I went to Amazon to solve my problem.

Looking at popular brands like Corsair, I was turned off by the price... At over 200 dollars for a 1000 W Power Supply, I was not feeling it. At a good 30 dollars cheaper there was the Cooler Master Silent Pro... Went for it- I am happy I did!

Cooler Master has been in the business a long time, and I expected high quality from their product. I received the product on time, and was happy to unbox such an attractive power supply... Very appealing if you care about case appeal and the quality of the build was impressive. Mounting to my case was easy, and it comes with rubber noise dampening pads that fit in-between the PSU and the case... nifty, but hardly required. This PSU has been running quiet for me, but I haven't taken a lot of time to really listen to it as it sits on the floor. I didn't bother mounting it with the rubber pads as they actually made mounting rather difficult, so I left them out.

Modular means that you can add and subtract cables as necessary, and that makes me happy as far as cable management goes. The cables are flat, which some of you listed that as a con, but it hardly makes a difference to me. I used mini zip ties to secure my cables, and I was in business. It comes with plenty of cables, so if you have multiple video cards, you will be happy to know you will have room for them. The cables fit into the PSU with a nice snap and click, making it secure and capable of taking a good tug without being jerked out.

If you are thinking that a power supply that is rated at 1000W uses more power, think of it like this: 1000W means it can handle UP TO 1000W of power, not that your PSU will constantly pull 1000W. Most computers use less than 300W at a time from what I have read. During heavy processing / gaming, it will spike, and this power supply will be more than ready for it.

I have been running this PSU for a month straight- I have rebooted my computer maybe 5 times since then... I keep my PC running. Under heavy loads, my computer continues running great playing Battlefield 3 under Crossfire with dual 6950s overclocked, and my overclocked AMD X6.

Summary:

Pros:
-Quiet
-Powerful
-Black / Stylish
-Price VS other brands
-Build Quality
-Modular (Must have)

Cons:
-Some "Flat" Cables?
-No "sleeves" for cables... Some PSU have the cords in a nice sleeve... Not a big con

Overall, a great purchase!
on January 1, 2016
Fits in the case nicely, looks and feels solidly made. Comes with lots of cables, both molex and sata in addition to the motherboard cable. So quite I can't even hear it. Cool to the touch, although that's not surprising since I'm not stressing it at all. I'm running a big motherboard with an i7, a big aftermarket heat sink with fan, 3 case fans, one SSD drive, one 2TB hybrid hard drive, one 1TB regular HD, a CD/DVD burner and some external USB-powered stuff. Even after I add a graphics card, I don't expect it to warm up.

The rubber noise reduction gaskets are not very impressive and are a bit difficult to control during installation, but that's pretty minor.

Seems to be an all around good product.
on January 26, 2013
I could not believe that I started smelling a burnt wire smell emanating from my PC. I have a gaming PC with a Coolmax 1200 W power supply. The cords are all heavily insulated on that one. As each day passed, the smell got worse and worse. I have so many memories on added HD's that when it shut down finally, I hoped that I did not ruin a HD. This thing arrived by Super Saver in a mere three days. I just laid the PC on its side and took out the old supply with 4 screws. I left all cables connected from the old one on the end where they connected with either video cards, etc. I then replaced each cable/wire with the more flexible ones that came with this new unit. One at a time. One end in the new supply, the other end in the appropriate slot on Graphics card, hard drives, etc. So easy to do. I was done in no more than 20 minutes. The case is much more "roomy" now with these cables. When I went to boot it up, something told me that it can't be this fast and easy. That what did I forget feeling. I just stared at it until I could find nothing wrong. Went to turn it on and nothing. The power switch on the back was off. Flipped it and it booted right up. No problems. Much more quiet than the last one when that one was new. Amazing. I forgot to apply for the rebate. Too lazy. I better see when the cut off date is. Great PSU!
on September 8, 2013
Honestly this PSU is great for anyone building a PC, however I think I got one with too many watts but oh well. Overall this is a very nice power supply and it runs silently in the background whilst powering all of your components. The cables that come with it are useful for daisy chaining up to 15 drives if your motherboard supports it and 4 GPU's. The main ATX power cables are neatly put together in a protective mesh so they don't clutter the machine and they are easily manipulated to keep them out of the way of other components. Overall I am very satisfied and would get another but maybe with a lower output for my current machine.

REVIEW UPDATE:

Ok so I have now had this PSU for 8 months and I and I can say it is relatively reliable and stable. It outputs all of the power my PC and I have plenty of headroom for upgrades. It's very quiet and it doesn't get hot and the fan is barely audible. I recently did a GPU upgrade from a GTX 650 to an AMD Radeon R9 270X and the card requires twice as much power than the 650 and the PSU still runs like a champ. I have had no random loss of power and everything has been stable.
on April 7, 2011
Bought this PSU 3 months ago (31 Dec 2010), and its doing great.

Pros:
Cables seem to be good quality.
Cables are long enough for everything.
Cooler master is a good brand.
Power is more than enough for a SLI.
ITS QUIET! VERY QUIET! (You will only hear the case vents).
Price wise its really good, I paid $139 for 850W (YES, up to 1000W, it has the power)
Enough PCIE-6+2 for 3 GOOD video cards if you're into gaming, also the AMPS on the PCIE is more than enough.
Rubber pads included, nice touch, not necessary tho.

Cons:
Cant think of any.

**UPDATE**:
I'ts Jan 31 2013, and it's still going, electric current is very unstable where I live, but that has not stopped this PSU at all!. On a side note, I decided to build a new computer and bought a 2nd one of these (Dec 2012), didn't even think about it... I knew exactly what to buy.

The first PSU is keeping alive my old build, this is what it has:
MOBO: EVGA P55v.
CPU: I5-750.
RAM: Corsair 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz.
VIDEO: 2x EVGA GTX 460 (2-way SLI).
Cooling: 4 120mm fans.
CPU Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper N520 (Has 2 fans).
STORAGE: 1 Hard drive (WD Blue 320GB).
OPTICAL: 1 DVD R/W.

The new PSU is being used for this one:
MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth Z77.
CPU: I7-3770.
RAM: Corsair 32GB DDR3 1600Mhz.
VIDEO: 2x Gigabyte GTX 660 TI OC in SLI.
Cooling: 4 200mm fans (3 with led), 1 140mm fan.
CPU Cooling: Stock fan, (waiting for Cooler Master X6 Elite).
STORAGE: 3 Hard Drives (1 Sandisk SSD 128GB, 2 WD Blue 500GB).
OPTICAL: 1 DVD R/W.

Cant go wrong with this PSU, I bought both of them from Amazon.com.

PS: If you're wondering, both computer cases are Cooler Master (Elite 341 and 2nd HAF XM respectively), but it has nothing to do with power consumption so I decided not to include them on any of the configurations.
on October 18, 2013
I purchased this power supply on the basis of reviews here at Amazon and other sites, as well as prior experience with Cooler Master products. I was not disappointed. The modular cabling worked very well, power was stable, and the unit was very quiet.

However in September after returning from a vacation, the fan got stuck at full speed and the unit became very loud. I discovered that Cooler Master has a FIVE YEAR warranty on power supplies and filed an RMA. The RMA was effortless to open. I shipped the unit back to them, and they turned it around within hours of receiving it.

While I was disappointed that the unit malfunctioned, I cannot say enough about Cooler Master's customer service. The entire process was about as easy as it can be. The five year warranty is almost unheard of in the computer components market. I heartily recommend Cooler Master products and will be purchasing them again in the future.
on May 12, 2012
I have four of the 850 watt Power Supplies - two are about 20 months old, and two are about three months old. All have performed perfectly.

When you open the box, three adjectives come to mind: "first class," "built like a tank" and "flexible". Very quiet in operation.

I love the flexibility of plug-in cable sets. Several cable sets are included (in a cloth, draw-string bag), with differing numbers and types of connectors. You simply select the set(s) you need, and plug into the P/S and devices. For example, there is one cable with two SATA power connectors that I use for my two optical drives, another with four SATA power connectors that I use for my 4 SATA hard drives, and another with a 4-pin connector that fits the auxiliary power connector on my video card. The lengths of the cable sets seem to be well-chosen.

** UPDATE June 13, 2012 *
My oldest power supply (Aug 2010) just failed. When I went to the Cooler Master site to get an RMA, I was VERY disapointed! Not only did they ask MANDATORY personal info that's none of their business (e.g. gender, age, birtday), the sign in process was designed by an idiot. It's very counter-intuitive and flaky. For a $140 power supply, I expect MUCH better than this! I've received the authorization email, but have no idea yet where and how to ship it. Duh! That should be the first thing they tell you!
on October 11, 2011
I bought this PSU to go in my new mid/high tier gaming rig and boy I have to tell you I was impressed from the get-go. It came in very solid packaging. All instructions and cables were neatly placed and zip-tied in the box. It even came with a cloth bag to keep spare cables (thank you modular design). One downside is the flimsy *dampening* rubber to be placed around the edges of teh system to cut down on vibration against the case. But, like most cases these days, mine came with little feet to aid in that to begin with, so it was a non-issue.

So far *knock on wood* this puppy is one of the best buys I've made for the entire system.It runs quite literally as the name implies "silent." Case fans/GPU fans make up the bulk of noise (though they are quite quiet with their size/low RPM (200mm)). The thing is SOLID. Well made.

I bought it on Sept 26th because, for whatever reason, it was marked down to 89.99. Most reviews prior complained this was mislabeled as a 1000W and I could see where that would be a bum deal if you truly need 1000W... but all I figured on needing was 850 and this popped up in the search list. You honestly cannot find a 1) modular, 2) 850W 3) 80 Plus (anything) for under $100... and now it shot up to $140... honestly I'm glad I jumped on this while the deal was hot and can only hope it lasts me as long as I feel it will.

TL;DR version:

The Pros:
- Very quiet
- Modular design
- 850 W
- 80 Plus Bronze
- Came with nice bag to keep spare cables in
- Price tag (the best part) $89.99

The Cons:
- Rubber "feet" to be placed on the outer edges to decrease vibrations is a bit flimsy
- It's not a "Corsair" ... but honestly I don't feel like dropping $130 for a 700W non-modular PSU....
on May 27, 2013
Just built setup listed below all parts bought at the same time. NOT A SINGLE DOA PART OR ISSUE YET! WOOT!

Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory
SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100352VXSR Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Refurbished: Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F120GBGT/RF2 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Cooler Master Silent Pro M - 1000W 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply
Intel Centrino 2200 PCI Express - Wi-Fi Adapter (2200BNHMWDTX1)
Intel Core i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155
Asus 24xDVD-RW Serial ATA Internal OEM Drive DRW-24B1ST (Black)
700GB Western Digital SATA 3gbps. Hard Disk Drive

Lian Li V-1000 (pure aluminum ATX case from 2003 that ive modified so modular PSU's will fit)

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.