Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 114 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 130 reviews
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on June 5, 2015
I like Cooler Master products and have not had a problem with them before, BUT this one was different. After less than four months, the unit had smoke coming out of it. Upon inspection, the labels on the unit were detaching. The power unit was installed in an Antec case with plenty of fans and ventilation. The power unit has caused these known failures as of this date:

1) Two Motherboards
2) Two Surge Suppressors that have burned out.
3) SSD
4) Probable damage to 2 CPUs

Other possible damages are yet to be realized. One can understand that sometimes units turn out defective due to no one's intention. It is however, not acceptable to have poor customer service when a problem does occur. With difficulty, I got a customer support representative on the telephone as the telephone number for Cooler Master is not readily accessible on their website (888-624-5099). The rep was not particularly sympathetic or helpful. Instead, he asked me to register my information on their website in order to apply for a Return Merchandise Authorization and told me that they have been very busy, are low in units and might not have a unit on hand to ship. Since they are the manufacturer, I find this very odd. Could one reason they are so busy and do not have replacements to ship be that they are receiving a lot of returns? In the meantime, I have filled out the necessary forms for the RMA and am awaiting their response in a wait and see game. Will the warranty cover the cost of damaged equipment?

On a positive note, the detachable cables that come with the unit make the installation tidy.
on April 3, 2012
This replaced a corsair 850 watt psu. It does run quieter, and doesn't seem to make the room quite as warm. The cables are all durable and long enough for a cooler master sniper case (using cable management). I like the advertized black plug in cables, but don't like the (color of the) regular built in cables (standard colors). I was expecting all black. The sleeveing on the graphics power comes up a little short exposing some of the yellow and black. plus if you use or don't cut off the extra two leads (ati cards), you'll find it annoying cause that part isn't sleeved. It does seem to be a little more power efficient, this could be subconscious, but i think i'm saving a few bucks on my electricity bill. I still gave this 5 stars even though the cables weren't all they were in the picture because the wires aren't visible through the case, and I cut the visible wire and added shrink wrap to hide the cable. Another reason being that the visible cable might not be a big deal to some, but i'm a cable management freak, and love my case neat and tidy. Great PSU otherwise.
i7-960 lga1366 oc'd to 4.2Ghz (water cooled)
evga x58 classified (NB water cooled)
12Gb ocz ram
2x evga gtx 260 sli
crucial 256gb ssd
2x 1TB Wd black drives
2x 500Gb wd black drives
1x lg dvd-rw
on November 17, 2013
This thing kicks rocks! I felt like Tim "the toolman" Taylor (Tim Allen) from Tool Time after installing this PSU. This PSU is very quiet. The modular design for the cables is great. The power cables are sufficiently long enough to adequately reach any component in my Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 Advanced case, while still allowing me to route and dress the cables to keep the install clean. This PSU definitely has enough capability to accommodate most custom builds, including the most demanding video cards out there. Purchased this unit over others based on it being around 85% efficient near max output and the Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) >100,000 hours (11+ years of service if left on all day, every day). A more efficient power supply also means less thermal load from the PSU itself, and combined with the large MTBF and 1000W (1200W MAX) means this should be the last PSU I'll have to buy for sometime (knock on wood).

I have only one recommendation for this product: ditch the over-the-top box and the nylon bag for keeping extra cable harnesses in, and in so doing, knock an additional $25-30 of the price.
on May 2, 2011
Decided to upgrade supply for future expansion after seeing it store and with attractive price, got this and installed. As soon as I hit power switch I got a mini firework on MB. This burned my Intel xxP67BA and took out Core i7-2600K (found it later). Almost to contact Cooler Master but delayed to further checkout other H/W. The supply was checked out fine with tester and so are video card and RAM. I went a little further to have this supply in another system I have and run for few hours w/o problem. This will give me a confidence to use in my new setup (MSI P67A-G65-B3 and a borrowed i5 from friend).
The system's in burn-mode for a few nights without any further problem.

All the cables are modular except 20/24 & 6/8 molex connectors. These are thin and flexible, easy for wire management. Wish they're color coded like other supplies. You can't tell if it's on if you don't see the fan running. It's SO quiet. The cables are long enough to reach to the top of my case (a Nzxt phantom case). I wish it comes other than black color that'll match my case. Besides all that mishaps, the supply is good, quiet and will provide enough power to your fully loaded system.

My specs:
- Logitech MK520 wireless KB/Mouse combo
- 3 Seagate HDDs total 4.5TB
- LG Bluray Writer
on September 16, 2013
I purchased this PSU to compliment the Noctua case fans and Corsair H100i that I also purchased for my PC. I wanted my computer to be silent and using this PSU I have achieved just that. In addition to running completely silent, this PSU disperses little to no heat into the case. I am very impressed with the build quality of this PSU and its ability to meet its claims -however- it is not completely modular as CoolerMaster advertises it. I think one of the stock photos even has the cables cut off so it tricks you if you aren't looking too closely. The three cables that aren't modular were all used, so I didn't mind too much.

If I were going for a super clean cable look I might consider finding a different, fully modular PSU. Overall, I love this PSU and would buy another in the future should I be building another computer or this PSU goes bad.
on December 26, 2011
I agree with the other reviewers that this PSU is not fully modular. Amazon should've at least included some pictures of the stuff inside the box, especially the cables. The cable situation as mentioned in the other reviews didn't really take me by surprise though. Since I know how to use the internet and I thought to myself... Hey, I bet Cooler Master has a website and I also bet they have a page devoted to the Silent Pro Gold PSUs (and their other products). Lo and behold...they DID! Woohoo! Check it! (...)

Well, okay, Cooler Master has a number of useless pictures mixed in, and there isn't a real photo of the cables, but looking at the diagram of the cables that are included gives the gist. Whew, that was hard. And there are actually pros and cons to both. Fully modular, and you have a ton of extra wires running around the case if you've got a ton of peripherals and drives, etc. in there. (I haven't looked exhaustively, but I haven't seen a fully modular PSU yet.) Modular with a set number of predetermined plugs on each cable can had extra wires hanging around if you don't have much in your case.

Power supply runs cooler, quieter (it's the quietest component with a fan in my system) and actually draws less power than the older, more inefficient PSU that came with my machine. Pretty happy with the product so far.
on December 3, 2013
This power supply is obviously a quality piece of work. I got the impression that this power supply was made by Mercedes or Porsche. Everything about the initial opening of the package screamed quality. It is beautifully made, with high quality materials and finishes. Even the box was impressive!
It comes with a cloth pouch to hold all of the modular cables that you are not using. This is also useful for other items that you want to keep in one place.
The power supply is very quiet and has done an outstanding job.
The only thing I felt was lacking was a diagram of how to hook up my video card. Surprisingly, I was not able to find anything on the web about how the hookups were supposed to be made. I would definitely buy another Cooler Master product.
on March 10, 2014
It is a robust PC Power Supply for those who want to use very starving mother boards, graphics cards and other PC accessories. A got two very good impressions on this particular model ,which was the system used for its connectors that it is a plug-in style. You gonna use the type and number of connectors needed for your assembly, only. You keep the spares at side in a box for future expansion. And I have to mention the very nice and creative package that was made for this PS. My compliments to the guys who created the design and the final art for its package.
The PS is working for 2 months with a heavy duty graphics card that takes 3 slots in my PC, besides a bunch of other accessories and it is working in a cool way.
on August 26, 2016
Bought it in 2011 and is still working perfectly since then. Already upgraded 2 times my PC but the PSU remains
on April 23, 2012
I bought the 1200w Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold for my gaming desktop. This Power supply is built very well and comes with extremely high quality cables and connectors. It literally has everything you need for plugging in hardware. It's quiet as well as efficient (90% efficiency rating), many other PSU's that have the same wattage and quality are double or even triple the price! Very satisfied with my purchase!

My rig:
NZXT Guardian 921 Case (4 fans)
asus p8z68v-pro/gen3 motherboard
intel i7 2600k CPU
corsair vengeance 8GB ram 1600mhz
Seagate barracuda 2TB 7200 rpm hdd
Cooler master CPU cooler
Cooler master silent pro gold 1200W power supply
dual EVGA GTX 570 sli
Asus cd/dvd rw disk drive