Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Copic Markers ABS-1N Airbrushing System
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEM

on August 9, 2011
I am only a beginner when it comes to airbrushing with copic markers. I bought the ABS1N off ebay in an auction for a much cheaper price, and it works great! I'm still working with the settings for the air pressure, so it may be a good idea to get the Aircan 180 as an extra once you get the hang of using the device more professionally. It takes a bit of getting used to, and it took me some time to figure out how to work it. Be very cautious when first operating this device, and read the instructions as closely as you can. The aircan gets super cold when you start using it, something I did not know but read in a pamphlet from Michael's Craft store. That sort of freaked me out at first. xD I plan to look up Copic airbrush tutorials online through Youtube and Google for a better idea on how to properly use it.

The ABS1N kit comes with everything you need. The air hose, the aircan, adaptor, airgun, and can holder. The difference between ABS1 and ABS1N is that 1N comes with the 180can, which gives you 45min of air time. But the regular ABS1 kit comes with the Aircan 80, with about a 15min spray time. I recommend ABS1N.

I would have went with the ABS2 set, with just the airbrush gun + an air can (D60) but read one of the reviews off Amazon and figured that the Air Adaptor + hose would probably help the airbrush function much better. For me, I don't have a problem with ABS1, I just need to develop good skills when using it.

ABS3 is the last kit, which comes with just the Airgun and the AirAdaptor. This does not include the actual AirCAN which supplies the air, nor does with come with the air hose or the necessities of an aircan holder (to keep the can from spilling/becoming damaged). You could also invest in an Air Compressor (replaces the AirCan) which costs around $200-$300.

Once again be very careful when handling this. If you drop the air gun or make a dent in one of the cans, you'll end up needing a replacement. So handle with care and be patient in reading the instructions. :)
on March 9, 2012
This was a Christmas gift from 2010, and after over a year of use I can say that this a great product. It does exactly what you'd hope, and adds a real smooth, softer look to pieces that need one. I've been using Copics since 2005 and lament not trying this system much sooner.

When you use a marker normally you'll get that full, rich color. When plugged into the aircan it'll come out a bit softer unless you wish to layer it further. The difference not as noticeable with darker colors, but it's very useful when you wish to fill large spaces in a picture without laying down heavy colors, or wearing down your marker nibs. (...Just a heads-up for those new to the world of Copics: you can't airbrush with any "white". The best you can do is use masking, white paint and/or a blender brush.)

The system is capable of hooking to an actual air compressor, but I have no experience with that. The aircans themselves last a good while; I'm not sure if one lasts a full 45 minutes, but that likely varies with how high you're setting the pressure. I took 2 with me to a convention to have on-hand for an Artist's Alley, and by the end of the weekend I had about 1/2 of one left. I would definitely keep an extra on hand at all times.

As a full-time professional artist, I vary between digital and traditional. The Copic Air Brush System allows me to give customers traditional pieces that have as much polish as digital ones. I can't speak for how this compares to real airbrush systems, but if you use Copics and want to diversify your use of them, this is a must-have.
on February 18, 2014
Wow. It is so easy to, say, add color to the background of a card. No more tedious sponging of my stencils. Just a quick shh shh and I'm done.

FYI that I was able to loosen the screw on the handle and be able to use my Spectrum Noirs with this system. You have to fiddle with the position a bit but that's a small price to pay for not having to buy new markers. Please note that I do prefer how the Copics spray with this--it's more finely distributed.
on April 7, 2015
Love this airbrush system! I use this airbrush for tying flies and making bass poppers. The ease of being able to switch markers to change colors instead of swapping out paint and cleaning the airbrush make the job so much faster. The air can has about 40-45 minutes of air but you can also purchase a small air compressor to use when you're at home, just make sure it has the ability to regulate the airflow.
on March 2, 2015
I am so impressed. It came in a small box and I couldn't get over that it wasn't large and bulky. I am a mixed media artist and I am so excited about the possibilities that this airbrush opens up. It sprays so smoothly and gives exactly the amount and type of spray desired. I did fit other markers in it, didn't work as seamlessly, but did work. I think I will buy a compressor so I don't have to keep buying air. Well worth the price. Simple but awesome design.
on June 9, 2016
Professional artist. I use Copics for various art projects and needed a method to cover large areas evenly.

This product really helps there.

It had sturdy construction for a plastic gun. I blew through the 180 can in one 45 minute session (so it performed as advertised).

Some markers work beautifully, others barely throw any ink. Didn't seen to matter how dark the color was, and all the markers I used were fresh. It just randomly would not throw ink for certain markers.

Really have to pay constant attention to the orientation of the marker in the gun as they will rotate in the socket

Needs more power and broader spread, but otherwise fine for light airbrush work.
on July 5, 2014
Outstanding improvement over the standard air brush. No clean up; simple, instant color changes; highly portable using the compressed air can; simple adaption to air compressor for longer painting sessions.
on July 31, 2015
It was not what I expected it to be I bought it to be used with my compressor only to find out it could only be used with the air can and needed additional hose to make it work I needed the system ABS 3 the description was very misleading that it could be used with your own compressor it did not say you needed additional equioment
on July 7, 2014
Awesome product, best price I could find. The system works wonderfully.
on January 5, 2015
Works great for what I wanted if for. It is very easy to use. Makes hobby painting projects quick and easy with very little to no clean up. Great product