Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 402 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 632 reviews
on July 5, 2013
There were two summer series last year that really had me watching--as usual they were on a the same time & night--and these were "Copper" and "Longmire". Of the two, "Copper" was more arresting (no pun intended) and kept me glued through the run wondering what happened to Mrs. Corcoran and being amazed at the job that BBC America had done for this series. The stories were well-told, quite shocking at times, and while the main mystery was solved, there were still strings that were never answered. Untill now.

I will not go into the story-line, let the viewers have that pleasure first hand, but needless to say, it is a good yarn, well-told, some beastly crimes, a bit of humor, and many questions to be answered. The acting is top-notch with Tom Weston-Jones doing a superb job along with the rest of the cast. The sets look like a city in decay, except for the homes of the well-to-do and you can almost smell the streets of Five-Points. The show is also bringing in the strange history of Tamany Hall--that might be mis-spelled--and how it slowly moved into a seat of power that will last for generations. Good acting. Good stories. Great production values. I hope to see Corky and the boys for several more seasons! BBC America, if you make more shows like this, you will become a power to be reckoned with!
on July 15, 2013
I've only seen the first 4 episodes of season 2 (all that has aired at the time I write this) but it is just a good as the first season. The character development is very good, though sometimes hard to watch (good actors portraying horrific events). If you liked season 1, you'll be very happy with season 2.
on December 2, 2013
I like this gritty series, but it is certainly not for the faint of heart. The supporting cast to my mind is better than Tom Weston-Jones as the lead. The Civil War era setting in New York is something different from the usual run of the mill settings.
on September 13, 2013
Engaging story. Excellent production! A MUST see! Love the characters and the story progression. The lead character Corky is a very talented actor... the whole cast is amazing... watch this series you will be VERY glad you did!
on April 24, 2014
I have grown very fond of this series but missed several episodes. It was nice to be able to get them here. Sadly the series has been cancelled, but I sure enjoyed what I got.
on July 14, 2013
Think this show has a place in the hearts of any American. Theme and premise are a bit played out, would like to see more stories about the next generation after these characters.
on July 24, 2013
Copper: I love the story of the struggle of the Irish immigrants in America. My ancestors lived in the 5 Points and my great grandfather fought in the civil war and was given citizenship after serving for 4 years. While doing my family's genealogy I did lots of reading about the challenges these ancestors faced. This show brings this historical period even more alive than my imagination can do on its own.
I would definitely recommend this show to anyone and especially to those whose families lived in the slums of New York during this period in history. It made me admire these people even more and appreciate what they went through to pave the way for me. Also, my other Irish great grandfather was "a Copper"...a police lieutenant!!!!!!
on June 10, 2013
I thought "Copper" was one of those great shows that didn't grab all of the demographics and numbers to satisfy the networks - in other words, a great show that bites the dust to bean counters. BUT, it's BACK!!!! Moody, depressed, up and down in quality episodes, overall an excellent representation of the grit and grime of its historical period with a well-played, darkly principled protagonist. I am looking forward to some great drama in the new season of Copper.
on July 4, 2013
Leave it to the British to make a great series of the early coppers of NYPD what a rich history the country has. Keep up the great series.
on June 27, 2013
I watched Season 1, and couldn't get enough of it. When I found out, there was a Season 2, I was thrilled. It's one of the best series I have seen in quite a while.