- File Size: 280 KB
- Print Length: 80 pages
- Publisher: TOLD YOU SO PUBLISHING (January 8, 2014)
- Publication Date: January 8, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00CSTBZ2S
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #113,079 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Copywriting For The Rest Of Us (Marketing For The Rest Of Us Book 2) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
I can tell you getting good at copy is hard but essential if you plan to make real money online.
I would have loved to have had this book two years ago because Mike has hit something here. He really makes the essential lessons easy to understand and to use for your business quickly.
I know most business owners will not dedicate the time I have and they shouldn't to learning good copy. Yet with Mike's book they don't really have too. Also those who are more advanced will learn from his work as well.
If you are looking to improve in the one area of your business then you do need copy skills. You need to have the ability to get others to say yes.
Kindle Wealth Formula
Shreeve brings up some of the most important concepts that are in the core of good copywriting and can almost be used as a checklist for what to do or not to do:
- Copy isn't meant for entertainment, it's meant to make people take action whether that's buying something, giving away their email adress or donating to a charity. That's why all good copy NEEDS a call to action. It needs to ask the person to do something, the more explicit the better.
- The copy needs to be interesting enough to be read. The purpose of the headline is to get people to read the first sentence of the body. The purpose of the body is to get get people to read the second sentence and so on.
- Sell Benefits, not Features. If you insist on selling a feature, make sure to include the benefit to the customer of that feature. For example this book is short(a feature) and the benefit is that busy businesspeople can quickly read and apply it's content and therefore make more money(a benefit).
Shreeve also goes into a process for writing and there's plenty more gems in there that'll help you quickly improve your copy.
The book is broken into logical sections, so you can follow along, and implement, at your own pace. Mike includes a number of useful tips and suggestions, and writes with a keen sense of humor. It's clear that he loves to write copy, and wants to teach what he knows to others.
The book is a good read and delivers valuable information, so I recommend it.
This book is designed to help people who may know little or close to nothing about copywriting, people who run their own small businesses and those who would like to develop the copywriting skills. It is not an exhaustive book on copywriting, but it is very good book to get you started.
Mike gives you the tips in this book to practice just the way those who have become successful professional copywriters practice.
You will find the common mistakes that people make when creating a sales letter and how to avoid them.
You will then learn the basics of copywriting. Here Mike has outlines six steps for you to follow.
Next you will learn 3 things that you can do that will dramatically improve your copywriting and help you to master it in the shortest period of time. This steps truly are the steps that any great copywriter has followed.
And while the secret to becoming a great copywriter is "practice, practice, practice", if you're in a rush to put together a decent sales letter, Mike shares a template you can use, guiding you step-by-step through writing a headline, body copy, all the way to the best ways to ask for call for action.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
your ability to craft effective sales letters. ..Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Money > Marketing & Sales > Advertising
- Books > Business & Money > Marketing & Sales > Marketing > Direct
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Business & Money
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Marketing & Sales > Advertising
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Marketing & Sales > Marketing > Direct