Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon ballerss3 ballerss3  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 62 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 78 reviews
on June 2, 2013
One of the timers on my Coralife 01691 (dual timer model) died after two years of use. Decided to replace with the single timer version, despite some negative reviews. Product appears new but the packaging was slightly torn and ill-fitting...like someone pulled the power strip out and shoved it back in again. Also, appears to be a newer version that doesn't match the packaging. For sockets not in use, the power strip now utilizes rotating protective covers instead of sliding covers. I uploaded pictures to highlight this.

The 4 constant sockets (white) are powering the heater, sump pump, and protein skimmer. That leaves one remaining for future growth, such as a powerhead or wavemaker. I'm running actinic blue and moonlight LED's on the timer sockets (blue/yellow), and using a separate standalone timer to control 10k day lighting. The power strip is mounted vertically to the back of the aquarium stand using the mounting holes on the back of the unit ( 4 screws were supplied for this purpose.) The power strip & timer is functioning adequately so far, but I remain cautious.
review image review image
on October 1, 2012
Great idea for controlling lights and simulating a normal light cycle. However, this product is poorly made. I called the manufacturer and told them that the timer was losing about an hour each 24-hour period. Each day I had to reset the timer to reflect the correct time. The manufacturer sent me a replacement item. After a couple of days, the replacement also lost an hour each day. Save your money. Go to a big box hardware store and buy a timer with multiple outlets. They are constructed better and cost less.
on September 5, 2017
perfect
on June 27, 2016
I bought this for my aquarium equipment and accessories. Material is sturdy and well made. After a little over a year this timer stopped keeping accurate time...had to keep resetting. Recently the on/off timer outlets stopped working. Now everything stays on. I think the timer pins are worn out. All l got was a good year of service. Time to replace
on May 1, 2011
I own two of these and within about a year of purchase they have both become unreliable. One loses so much time that I have to correct it every few days and the other doesn't reliably "trip" my lights. I noticed last night after the time that the lights should have been out, that they were still on. In checking, the timers and time were all correct, it just apparently hadn't triggered the lights to turn off. As someone who travels a lot and has a friend care for the tanks once a day, I need my timers to do their job, so I will have to be replacing them. If you are deciding on a purchase, keep looking!
on May 22, 2017
Item I received has round electrical protector lids and is cheap junk. The one actually shown, with the rectangle slots, is fantastic! Have been using it for many years and is what I thought I was purchasing!
on March 16, 2015
I use these for reptiles and I have never had any problems. I have rarely had good luck with Zilla products and my Zoomed timers worked inconsistently, so I have not been impressed with the timers sold as reptile timers. This is the only timer that I have had work properly and consistently for years. I had my first one for 9 years before it finally died. When it died, I decided that this was the only timer that I wanted to buy again and now I'm using two of them.
on November 26, 2012
We needed to find a better lighting solution for our Turtle tank as sometimes we weren't around to turn his lights on / off.
We have his heat & basking bulb plugged into the "day" plugs, and the Water Heater & Filter plugged into the regular plugs.
Works great and very consistent. every morning at 8 o clock the light's go on - 12 hours later they turn off, and the extra plugs leave a lot of room for expansion! It also helped us clean up a lot of the extra extension cords and things around the tank. Now we have automatic lights and the tank area looks a lot cleaner and less cluttered.
The timer might take some tinkering to get right, but after 10 minutes of playing with it - you'll be an expert.
on November 4, 2016
i replaced one that i had for years because the first stopped working. the new one can not keep time at all. lights come on way to early and go off the same. i have reset the time at least four times. horrible product. get a different timer if you want a reliable tank light timer.
on February 17, 2011
the product has decent layout and features that would make it a very compelling option for many aquarium/terrariumm keepers looking to automate lighting, CO2 and other functions. Plus the fact that contains 4 "always on" plugs could make it the only power strip many would need for the set-up. However, the quality control is poor... I set the timer function in the evening and it looked good at first... but then the next morning the clock was already one hour late! I insisted for a little longer but then after a couple of days the clock was so out-of-whack (5 to 7 hours behind) I gave up and returned.

From what I've read the quality and durability of the timer function in power strips is unreliable for many models from many makers. I've just ordered a similar product from GE (product has mixed reviews - and comes from an American icon!) and I will post it what I find.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.