Lyft Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

Corduroy
Format: Paperback|Change

on November 30, 2017
I grew up on this book and love the story. My only complaint and the reason for the low rating is that the front and back cover were put on upside down, otherwise definitely a book that deserves to be in a Child’s library.
review imagereview image
on October 22, 2017
This was my son's favorite book when he was little (40 years ago). I ordered a copy to give someone as a baby gift, but the inside cover has the following text on it:

“A winning, completely childlike picture book in which a stuffed bear waiting hopefully in a toy department finds a home with a little black girl who wants Corduroy so much that, when her mother refuses to buy him, she come back the next day with her own money. Endearing, brightly colored pictures together with the text affectionately recount Corduroy’s adventures”

-Booklist

If they have to have a precis of the book, I wish they could have just said, "stuffed bear loses a button but finds a friend". The child's race is irrelevant to the story.
on May 15, 2017
Love this book! It was my favorite childhood book and recently bought for cousin's child. It a sweet story that talks about a stuffed, alive bear that no one wants and then he finds a home willing to accept his imperfection.
on August 2, 2016
After remembering how much I loved this book as a child, I bought it for my daughters. It's much more old fashioned than I remember but I enjoy that, and I think it'll make for great conversation when they're old enough to see the difference in what they see in the book vs the "real" world. Such a wonderful, classic book!
on November 20, 2016
Such a sweet little story, and one to get little one's imaginations running wild. I bought this for our little one's growing library, even though he's not here yet. I read it yesterday and was not disappointed at all like I have been with some other baby/small children's books I've ordered online. I will be very happy to read this to our son again and again as he so chooses.
on December 9, 2014
This is a timeless classic for children. I would suggest for children 6 and under. The story is lovely, the illustrations are wonderful. This was read to me as a child. I am 58 years old. And I read it to my children. The little bear is just the right size for a toddler. I don't think it is washable, but plush toys are not designed to last forever as a rule. The packaging is very nice and very inviting.
on June 27, 2015
Your kids will love this book, my daughter and my grand daughter have worn out the book. The very first time I read this book to my daughter, her eyes were glued to the book. I thought is was one of the best books for kids, that was 30 years ago, now my grand daughter's eyes are glued to the book. The story is about a teddy bear's button falls off his corduroy pants, and he goes to a furniture store to find himself a button from a mattress! You have to get this book.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 9, 2017
This was my favorite book as a child, so I'm sharing it with my young niece. I like the fact that this one comes with the little stuffed bear to make the story more real. :)
on January 8, 2018
So cute, got this as a gift for my nephew. Everyone knows the classic tale of corduroy and I'm glad to share it with him now as well as give him a corduroy of his very own. It came exactly as advertised.
on May 14, 2017
This was a huge hit with my 4-year old nephew. I was a little surprised, because it's about a little girl who buys a stuffed bear. That didn't seem to affect my nephew at all. He loved all the antics of Corduroy the bear. He loved the illustrations, and studied them carefully to glean additional meaning to the story. I definitely recommend it.