Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Shop Popular Services Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 768 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 953 reviews
on November 14, 2014
My two-year-old is obsessed with this book, to the point where I have it memorized and the book is all bent up. It's a simple story of a bear trying to find his lost button in the department store, before being adopted by a little girl who says she "like(s) you just the way you are." Any kid who has a bear of their own will understand the bond the bear and the girl form, and it's a very heartwarming ending. The pictures are gorgeous, and capture kids' attention well. I just wish it came in hardback, because at this rate, I'm going to have to buy another copy for my second child to enjoy after her sister has loved this copy to death.
on September 15, 2016
This was one of my adult daughter's favorite books when she was little, and is still a favorite gift for me to give the little ones in my life. I like that the main character is a girl who is African-American, which helps children of other cultures be more accepting of societal differences without specifically calling attention to them.
on December 9, 2014
This is a timeless classic for children. I would suggest for children 6 and under. The story is lovely, the illustrations are wonderful. This was read to me as a child. I am 58 years old. And I read it to my children. The little bear is just the right size for a toddler. I don't think it is washable, but plush toys are not designed to last forever as a rule. The packaging is very nice and very inviting.
on August 2, 2016
After remembering how much I loved this book as a child, I bought it for my daughters. It's much more old fashioned than I remember but I enjoy that, and I think it'll make for great conversation when they're old enough to see the difference in what they see in the book vs the "real" world. Such a wonderful, classic book!
on July 26, 2015
This classic book is a wonderful read and the price is right. However, as a *nice* gift, I'm sure there are nicer versions of this book available. This is a very flimsy paperback that was irreparably bent when it arrived at my house. This didn't matter since I bought this book for my son for our own personal use but is worth noting.
on January 18, 2014
A childhood classic I grew up on, it's a great story never changed.
The book is perfect Big thick pages. perfect for small petite hands, minimum risk of them getting a papercut. (it's cardboard lol)

My only complaint is how it was shipped (but i will not deduct stars for delivery, that is unrelated to the product itself)
on May 14, 2014
I bought this book for my niece's 2nd birthday, and she loved that it comes with her own Corduroy. It's a story my mother read to me as a child, and I loved passing it along to her (in spirit, anyway). The book itself is smaller than mine was, but it's a fair size for little hands and the text is not too small.

I don't think this deserved only 4 stars, but maybe it deserved 4.5 stars. Corduroy, cute as he is with his removable overalls, doesn't have any buttons! Just stitched knots where they should be. The poor guy goes through his whole story, only to find himself with a loving little girl - and no buttons in real life. So I sewed some on, because who is Corduroy without his buttons?
on April 22, 2017
This was a Christmas present, and found this at a sensible price, for a used one. This story any child would love!
on March 6, 2017
Finally ordered Corduroy, as I'm tired of renewing it at the library every week at my son's request. :)
on March 22, 2017
nice medium large book. came quickly great shape.