Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 797 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 991 reviews
on November 14, 2014
My two-year-old is obsessed with this book, to the point where I have it memorized and the book is all bent up. It's a simple story of a bear trying to find his lost button in the department store, before being adopted by a little girl who says she "like(s) you just the way you are." Any kid who has a bear of their own will understand the bond the bear and the girl form, and it's a very heartwarming ending. The pictures are gorgeous, and capture kids' attention well. I just wish it came in hardback, because at this rate, I'm going to have to buy another copy for my second child to enjoy after her sister has loved this copy to death.
on May 15, 2017
Love this book! It was my favorite childhood book and recently bought for cousin's child. It a sweet story that talks about a stuffed, alive bear that no one wants and then he finds a home willing to accept his imperfection.
on August 2, 2016
After remembering how much I loved this book as a child, I bought it for my daughters. It's much more old fashioned than I remember but I enjoy that, and I think it'll make for great conversation when they're old enough to see the difference in what they see in the book vs the "real" world. Such a wonderful, classic book!
on February 4, 2015
As I was researching books to buy to add to my son's bedtime collection, I added this one to the basket no questions asked. It is definitely a classic, one I grew up reading, and I wanted to be able to read this to my son as well. The colors are vibrant and beautiful. The story line is short and sweet, good for bedtime reading.

What is funny, neither my husband or I remembered that Corduroy was missing one of his buttons so this part caught me off guard but didn't detract from the story of course.

This book was definitely worth the purchase and one I am sure we will enjoy reading at bedtime for many years to come!
on November 20, 2016
Such a sweet little story, and one to get little one's imaginations running wild. I bought this for our little one's growing library, even though he's not here yet. I read it yesterday and was not disappointed at all like I have been with some other baby/small children's books I've ordered online. I will be very happy to read this to our son again and again as he so chooses.
on September 15, 2016
This was one of my adult daughter's favorite books when she was little, and is still a favorite gift for me to give the little ones in my life. I like that the main character is a girl who is African-American, which helps children of other cultures be more accepting of societal differences without specifically calling attention to them.
on November 19, 2015
Bought this a couple different times now for grandchildren as it is a favorite one!!! One of my granddaughters even completely memorized the entire book when she was only 3. Priceless hearing her recite every single word of this story. It was one of her favorites and still remains to be. I recall reading this book to one of my little brothers and he also loved it. Nice that the pages can't tear...a definite plus when you have little hands wanting to turn the pages. Love it!
on November 21, 2016
This was my husbands favorite book growing up and i was excited to order it for him to read to our little one! When it came, it is even cuter than the pictures made it look. The Bear is a little bigger than i expected and i love it! This book will be a part of so many memories being made and i love that the cost for the book and bear was as much as i had found just the book in stores! Great find!
on January 4, 2017
Wonderful child's book. My 30 year old still talks about nighttime reading and invariably Corduroy comes up. With this purchase he is reading to our first grand child - I hope he has the same memories with his Dad.
on July 26, 2015
This classic book is a wonderful read and the price is right. However, as a *nice* gift, I'm sure there are nicer versions of this book available. This is a very flimsy paperback that was irreparably bent when it arrived at my house. This didn't matter since I bought this book for my son for our own personal use but is worth noting.