Oil month Automotive HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

Corduroy
Format: Paperback|Change

on November 30, 2017
I grew up on this book and love the story. My only complaint and the reason for the low rating is that the front and back cover were put on upside down, otherwise definitely a book that deserves to be in a Child’s library.
review imagereview image
This is a classic book so of course I had to buy it for my 16 month old son who loves board books. I absolutely love reading this book to him and he loves going through it himself and looking at the drawings. Its a very sweet cute story that makes you smile at the end and I love that. The book that we received was in perfect condition with no print errors. Every child should have this book in their collection.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on March 1, 2013
Perhaps I should have investigated the phrase "extra-large trim size." In this case, it appears to mean a book that measures just under 10"x11", which I feel is a little much for my intended purpose - lap reading with a toddler. It would be wonderful for reading to a large group as the text and illustration fill the pages and can be seen clearly from a good distance.

The "bonus materials" the description refers to are the last eight pages of the book, which contain its history, early sketches and actual removable miniature copies of correspondence between the author and editor. Quite cute, if you're a fan of the book and this interests you. Unfortunately, I think the novelty would be lost on a toddler, and the small pieces would soon also. I like my child to handle her books and read to herself at will, and this edition just isn't practical for that purpose.

In short: lovely story, wonderful, classic illustration, and a great gift for an adult or older child who loves the book. As for me, I'm hoping to find a board book version or something with less of a "bonus."
on January 3, 2018
This is a book that all children will love. Ages 2-4. Read it to my daughter years ago. She borrowed it from the library because we could not find our old copy. Grandchild did not want to take back. Today during a melt down, she wanted it again. After quietly talking through the story & calming down, I downloaded it to my Kindle Fire. She enjoyed turning the pages & knew the story. Mayday on screen talked me through magnifying the pages & text which is different from adult books. I recommend both formats - tablet & hard copy. Also as retired librarian this book will be on every best-loved list.
on November 21, 2016
This was my husbands favorite book growing up and i was excited to order it for him to read to our little one! When it came, it is even cuter than the pictures made it look. The Bear is a little bigger than i expected and i love it! This book will be a part of so many memories being made and i love that the cost for the book and bear was as much as i had found just the book in stores! Great find!
22 comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 14, 2014
My two-year-old is obsessed with this book, to the point where I have it memorized and the book is all bent up. It's a simple story of a bear trying to find his lost button in the department store, before being adopted by a little girl who says she "like(s) you just the way you are." Any kid who has a bear of their own will understand the bond the bear and the girl form, and it's a very heartwarming ending. The pictures are gorgeous, and capture kids' attention well. I just wish it came in hardback, because at this rate, I'm going to have to buy another copy for my second child to enjoy after her sister has loved this copy to death.
on May 15, 2017
Love this book! It was my favorite childhood book and recently bought for cousin's child. It a sweet story that talks about a stuffed, alive bear that no one wants and then he finds a home willing to accept his imperfection.
on August 2, 2016
After remembering how much I loved this book as a child, I bought it for my daughters. It's much more old fashioned than I remember but I enjoy that, and I think it'll make for great conversation when they're old enough to see the difference in what they see in the book vs the "real" world. Such a wonderful, classic book!
on December 9, 2017
I loved this book as a kid and now I get to share it with my son. My son fell in love with this book so much that I ended up buying him his own corduroy bear and he takes it EVERYWHERE we go. I even went ahead and bought the other corduroy books for him because he loves it so much! I’m happy that I get to share such a fun book from my childhood with my son.
on April 22, 2018
This was a favorite book of mine growing up and I lost it to Hurricane Katrina. Now that I've had my first child I was really happy to replace my copy for my son. He is only 9 months so although we have story time every day, this book is still a little too much to keep his attention.
One of my favorite things about this book, though, are the illustrations. My son does seem to enjoy that for the moment he's engaged, haha.

I bought a used copy and it came as promised in 'very good' condition. I also feel the price was fair. I did have to wait almost two weeks (if I remember correctly) for it to be delivered but that was no problem.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse