Truck Reviews Beauty Audible Mel Robbins Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

Corduroy
Format: Paperback|Change

This is a classic book so of course I had to buy it for my 16 month old son who loves board books. I absolutely love reading this book to him and he loves going through it himself and looking at the drawings. Its a very sweet cute story that makes you smile at the end and I love that. The book that we received was in perfect condition with no print errors. Every child should have this book in their collection.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
4 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on January 3, 2018
This is a book that all children will love. Ages 2-4. Read it to my daughter years ago. She borrowed it from the library because we could not find our old copy. Grandchild did not want to take back. Today during a melt down, she wanted it again. After quietly talking through the story & calming down, I downloaded it to my Kindle Fire. She enjoyed turning the pages & knew the story. Mayday on screen talked me through magnifying the pages & text which is different from adult books. I recommend both formats - tablet & hard copy. Also as retired librarian this book will be on every best-loved list.
2 people found this helpful
on November 21, 2016
This was my husbands favorite book growing up and i was excited to order it for him to read to our little one! When it came, it is even cuter than the pictures made it look. The Bear is a little bigger than i expected and i love it! This book will be a part of so many memories being made and i love that the cost for the book and bear was as much as i had found just the book in stores! Great find!
3 people found this helpful
on November 14, 2014
My two-year-old is obsessed with this book, to the point where I have it memorized and the book is all bent up. It's a simple story of a bear trying to find his lost button in the department store, before being adopted by a little girl who says she "like(s) you just the way you are." Any kid who has a bear of their own will understand the bond the bear and the girl form, and it's a very heartwarming ending. The pictures are gorgeous, and capture kids' attention well. I just wish it came in hardback, because at this rate, I'm going to have to buy another copy for my second child to enjoy after her sister has loved this copy to death.
5 people found this helpful
on May 15, 2017
Love this book! It was my favorite childhood book and recently bought for cousin's child. It a sweet story that talks about a stuffed, alive bear that no one wants and then he finds a home willing to accept his imperfection.
3 people found this helpful
on December 9, 2017
I loved this book as a kid and now I get to share it with my son. My son fell in love with this book so much that I ended up buying him his own corduroy bear and he takes it EVERYWHERE we go. I even went ahead and bought the other corduroy books for him because he loves it so much! I’m happy that I get to share such a fun book from my childhood with my son.
One person found this helpful
on April 22, 2018
This was a favorite book of mine growing up and I lost it to Hurricane Katrina. Now that I've had my first child I was really happy to replace my copy for my son. He is only 9 months so although we have story time every day, this book is still a little too much to keep his attention.
One of my favorite things about this book, though, are the illustrations. My son does seem to enjoy that for the moment he's engaged, haha.

I bought a used copy and it came as promised in 'very good' condition. I also feel the price was fair. I did have to wait almost two weeks (if I remember correctly) for it to be delivered but that was no problem.
on November 20, 2016
Such a sweet little story, and one to get little one's imaginations running wild. I bought this for our little one's growing library, even though he's not here yet. I read it yesterday and was not disappointed at all like I have been with some other baby/small children's books I've ordered online. I will be very happy to read this to our son again and again as he so chooses.
2 people found this helpful
on October 22, 2017
This was my son's favorite book when he was little (40 years ago). I ordered a copy to give someone as a baby gift, but the inside cover has the following text on it:

“A winning, completely childlike picture book in which a stuffed bear waiting hopefully in a toy department finds a home with a little black girl who wants Corduroy so much that, when her mother refuses to buy him, she come back the next day with her own money. Endearing, brightly colored pictures together with the text affectionately recount Corduroy’s adventures”

-Booklist

If they have to have a precis of the book, I wish they could have just said, "stuffed bear loses a button but finds a friend". The child's race is irrelevant to the story.
6 people found this helpful
on October 10, 2017
MY DAUGHTER LOVES THIS BOOK. i think little kids love anything that personifies inanimate objects and this story does a GREAT job of that! its become one of my daughter's favorites and its such a funny and heartwarming little story :)
One person found this helpful