Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 477 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 532 reviews
on November 4, 2014
within 3 months the foam started to crumble away. Contacted Amazon who didnt want to know and referred me to Therapeutica. Called & emailed them and got zero response. Avoid.
review image
22 comments| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 29, 2015
I can only imagine that this pillow performs in different ways based on your particular neck issue. My neck was a constant source of pain over the past 5 years due to a severe strain that never healed properly. My problem was muscular vs. skeletal. After consistently using this pilllow, my neck finally has strengthened and my pain is gone. Buyer please note - for me, it took about 2 weeks to get used to sleeping on this pillow and a full 6-8 weeks before my neck was "healed". During this time, the muscles in my neck felt as if I had been doing "strengthening training" as I sleep and was "work out sore" in the morning. You also have to be able to sleep on your back. In the end, it was all well worth it and I owe my pain free life to this amazing pillow. I travel often, and always take it with me. Don't make the mistake of buying the travel version of this pillow - it is different and your neck has to adjust to it all over again. Just pack the original one.
on August 17, 2016
I found this pillow to be somewhat confining. You definitely cannot be one that will sleep on your stomach at any time. If you side sleep, your sleep is interrupted by having to re-position your shoulders and head constantly to stay on the pillow. Your ability to just roll to one side is not allowed as you will move off the side of the pillow. I have a sleep number bed and have also had to lower my number to allow me to sleep on my back only without causing my lower back to be uncomfortable due to the pillow trying to position my head back, and raising my neck at the shoulders into an arched position forcing my chin to fall open. I have not ever been much one to snore thankfully, but now am constantly waking with a very dry mouth due to it being forced open. Will not recommend this to anyone who snores or may have back issues in the upper area from head down to between the shoulders. Also you must one that sleeps mostly on your back and doesn't move much onto one side or the other. Definitely over priced.
on February 28, 2016
This pillow has made a big difference in my neck pain. I have cervical dystonia and am a back/side sleeper. I had been using a shredded latex foam pillow with some improvement to pain, but was still experiencing discomfort from unnatural positioning of my head/shoulders. The side wings allow me to sleep on my side without my head tilting up or my shoulder crunching under me. The head cradle provides good support for the neck and head to lay straight, rather than slanted up. It's not very portable, and you'll need a king size pillow case to cover the large. I now use my shredded latex pillow to hug and keep my shoulders comfortable when side sleeping. I had a gift card to purchase this and am very glad I took the chance - I will very likely repurchase if the pillow lasts a reasonable amount of time.
on December 11, 2015
Cons:
1) The size of this pillow should be decided based on the softness of your bed. Softer bed will need larger size as it sinks into the bed and reduces the height at which your head will be in relation to bed surface. Unfortunately you don't know how that bed/pillow combo works unless you have used it for few days.
2) The 'wedge extension' for sleeping on your back turned out too high for me and it actually lifts the head too much tiliting the chin towards the chest. This felt very awkward and I haven't gotten used to that still (after about 2 years of use). Now I use only occasionally use this when sleeping on side.

Pros:
1) Firm enough to support your head/neck and keep it in position.

I would suggest buying this only if you could 'borrow' one and try it out before purchasing. Else it's bit of a gamble.
on September 12, 2016
I was really hoping this would work for me. I don't like head support, rather I like neck and upper shoulder support.
This is likely great for people who actually like something under their head, but there's not enough support in the neck and upper back to align my head to a position that works for me.
If I could scoop out the head portion to half of its thickness, this would work great for me.
I regret having to pay 100 for something that I just can't adjust to.
on August 15, 2017
I had neck strain ( when I put my head back I would feel my arms and finger tingling) as well as shoulder soreness and had tingling on my arm and into my fingers for about 2 weeks. I've also had tension headaches on the right side of my neck being sore from time after time. After suffering during that 2 week period, I found a great chiro who ordered X-ray on my neck. Turns out the curve of my neck did not have that nice C curve which is what a healthy neck should look like. It's due to accidents in my twenties. So he recommended this pillow. I'm 5'0 he said the Petite size is best suited for me. It took a few days to get use to sleeping on my back where the pillow has indentation where your head fits perfectly and my neck is supported. But I am a side sleeper too so I also use both sides of the pillow. I sleep on all sides of this pillow . I have to say I've had no neck soreness and shoulder pain in about 2 weeks. Now I credit most of this to the chiro adjustments twice a week for 3 weeks now. But what this pillow is doing is maintaining the work the chiro did and most of all while I sleep it is restructing the curve of my neck which is what you neck should be. Having a slight curve. He recommended I said lay on a neck roll and or this type of pillow for up to 3 years and will eventually get nice C curve on the neck Hope this helps others who have the same issue I did and it provide some relief for you. I would recommend this pillow try it for 2 weeks and see if it works for you
on October 14, 2016
Absolutely love this pillow! I received the pillow on Wednesday & slept in it Thursday night on our houseboat - it was recommend to me by my chiropractor. My neck felt amazingly great today - truly!! Couldn't believe it! No neck pain, no pain with range of motion! I actually woke up today feeling good, feeling loose, feeling no pain in my neck - at long last! I honestly can't tell you how much neck pain relief I feel today! This pillow works for side & back sleepers (people love me me)! Thanks you so much! I highly highly highly recommend!!!!
on August 30, 2016
Seriously had my doubts but this pillow got packed for a 12 day adventure in Alaska. I don't go anywhere without it. Big reduction in neck and shoulder pain, lot fewer headaches.
on June 3, 2016
It's okay. After 2 weeks, it has some good points like the side sleeping edges, but with military neck and associated trigger points/headaches, it's going to take time to get used to this. Plus I just don't like sleeping on my back, where you really get the most benefit from this pillow.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.