Core Products Tri-Core Cervical Support Pillow for Neck Pain, Orthopedic Contour Pillow, Standard Firm, Blue, Full Size 24" x 16"
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$13.90 (26%)|
|Material||Polyester, Polyester fiber, Cotton|
|Item Weight||1.5 Pounds|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- THIS PILLOW IS DESIGNED TO HELP CORRECT SPINAL POSTURE OF THE NECK. The concave center cradles the head as the cervical roll supports the neck. Helps restore the proper curvature of the spine. This product is commonly used to help treat a variety of conditions affecting the neck and shoulders.
- A VERY FIRM PILLOW: Tri-Core must be FIRM to provide therapeutic benefits. For the most aggressive correction, choose Standard Firm option. This pillow is NOT a soft comfort pillow and you may need to adjust to the pillow over several weeks.
- CHOOSE A SIZE: Most men and taller women prefer the full size pillow. Most women, petite men, and children over 10 prefer the Midsize. Most children 6-10 and petite women prefer the petite size. IMPORTANT: It may take time to adjust. The pillow is working to help restore proper posture during sleep
- YOU MAY NEED TO ADJUST to the pillow over several weeks. Immediate overuse may increase neck pain. Most users who slowly ease their way into orthopedic correction achieve the best results. Alternate between Tri-Core and current pillow while your body adjusts. The shaped center is NOT FOR SIDE SLEEPING.
- USING A CORRECTIVE PILLOW CAN EASE PAIN from tension headaches, neck injury, and arthritis. MADE IN USA. Tri-Core Standard Firm 24 x 16 inches. Nonallergenic, 100 percent virgin polyester fiber fill. Item FIB-2001. Cover 50/50 cotton/polyester blend. Fits standard size pillow case.
Customer ratings by feature
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The BLUE FIRM Tri-Core Cervical Support Pillow helps alleviate headaches and neck pain by providing proper alignment of the neck while sleeping, and is commonly used to help treat a variety of conditions affecting the neck and shoulders. For back sleeping, a firm cervical roll supports the neck while a shaped center gently cradles the head for better sleep. For side sleeping, the raised side areas help keep the head level for proper alignment of the spine. In order to provide therapeutic benefits and help restore the natural curve of the neck, two very firm cervical rolls provide different support options. Use the larger neck roll for maximum support. Use the smaller neck roll if you are in the adjustment phase or if you prefer slightly less support. For those who are new to sleeping on a cervical support pillow, or prefer gentle support, the Gentle version may be a better option. It may take some time to adjust to this cervical pillow and immediate overuse may increase neck pain. Those who slowly ease their way into orthopedic correction, by alternating between this pillow and their current pillow, achieve the best results. The gentle version provides moderate to firm support, while the standard version provides very firm support. Fits in a standard pillow case. Pillow size 24 x 16 inches. Made in USA.
Compare with similar items
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The concept of this pillow is genius, I'm a firm believer that even people with "healthy necks" would benefit greatly from using this to sleep because it keeps your head and neck in proper alignment while your asleep (and also unaware of what your doing to the position of your neck) The idea of having a support at the base of the neck allows the muscles of the side and front of the neck to relax in a natural position. I've had spine surgery and suffer from neck and back spasms, so for me getting the neck muscles to stay relaxed is critical. This pillow does just that. It is firm and does take some getting used to initially. But if it wasn't firm then it wouldn't provide the proper support to hold your neck up.
SIZING : I read the description and had trouble deciding the correct size. For reference I am a 5'5" tall woman who weighs 118lbs. This pillow comes in Full size which would be ideal for large adults, Im talking like 6ft tall. Mid- Size which is ideal for average adults and women. Then Petite which is ideal for small women and kids.
The Mid size measures 22" long x 15" wide and 4" high at the neck part. The height is the part that is most important as this is the height of the roll that is going to be supporting your neck. The height of the mid size is a tiny bit high for my neck. So I tried the Petite Size. It says petite is meant for under 5'2" but because I have a small neck it actually felt more comfortable because the height of the petite is one inch less. The petite measures 19" x 12" x 3" high. It is basically a scaled down in size version of the mid size pillow which means the side sleeping areas are even smaller. Even though the neck roll height felt perfect there wasn't much head space in the center and the area to side sleep was only about 4.5" wide. Ultimately I think the mid-size is the more appropriate pillow for my size, it just needs to be flattened and broken in a little to feel more comfortable. If your unsure of the sizing, I suggest trying it out with a hand towel. Roll the towel tightly until it's about a 4" roll. Then place it under your neck and see how it feels. This is essentially how the pillow feels, it's very firm. For petite size roll into a 3" roll. Hope that helps!
When it arrived, I was disappointed. It felt way too hard, and not at all like it would be comfortable. I rushed to the bedroom so I could lay down on it, and decided it wasn't what I had hoped for and was going to send it back. Boyfriend steps in with the whole "don't knock it till you try it" thing, and I agree to give it a week. Very glad I gave it a try.
A few positive notes:
1. Yes, it's firm. They don't mess around when they call it a firm, full-support pillow. As it turns out, that's part of why I love it! Soft pillows (and even "firm" ones) that I've had in the past usually last me no longer than a month, as my fat head is really spectacular at wearing pillows down to nothing. I have some real faith in the durability of this pillow, even after just the first couple of nights.
2. Yes, it's large. They don't make that claim lightly either. I would say I have a normal to slightly larger than normal head. There is AMPLE space for it in the indented region of the pillow with some movement to either side befor running into the side-sleeper edges. Attached photos show pillow with remote as well as monstrously large 17 lb. cat for size reference.
3. As a multi-faceted sleeper who could go pro in tossing and turning or creative sleeping positions, I find that this pillow is equal parts supportive and flexible (flexible more so in the sense that it gives you the freedom to sleep comfortably in a variety of ways, not so much the nature of the pillow itself) for many kinds of sleepers, from back, to stomach, to side, and anywhere between. My headaches are now few and far between, and I've discovered that my neck actually DOES have range of motion after all! Who knew?!
And of course, a few qualms:
1. Mine, as a few others have noted, had a slight off putting smell to it when it arrived. I have a pretty keen olfactory sense, and the smell of mine was light enough that I could be lazy and go right to sleep on it without any cleaning the first night without any issues. Didn't even notice the smell after that. My guess is that airing out was good enough, or that perhaps it was the plastic bag that smelled. Who knows. I'm not too concerned.
2. Definitely not love at first sight, and that's why I've rated it four stars instead of five. If boyfriend hadn't made me keep it, I would have sent it back without a second thought. No, it's not going to be the perfect pillow for everyone, but for some it will probably be pretty stellar if you get as far as trying it out for a week. Don't give up on it based on your "fresh out of the box" impressions.
Hope that helps clarify some of the common concerns.
1) It is more supportive and ergonomic than your standard poly or down pillow, which is why I'm still sleeping on it, but it has not solved my chronic neck pain as I'd hoped.
2) It's difficult to tell which neck roll is the taller side and which is the lower, so I sometimes wake up in the morning to worse neck pain than ever and realize that I've slept on the wrong (tall) side.
3) Unless you sleep by yourself, in order to switch from sleeping on your back to your side you have to shift the pillow over on the bed underneath you. Definitely not conducive to uninterrupted sleep.
4) Once you've repositioned the pillow so that the raised part is under your head, it is nearly impossible to find a comfortable position because those raised parts are simply too narrow! You basically have to nudge your head out to the very edge of the pillow, otherwise your head will be rolling back into the center and your neck muscles tensing up in order to try to keep your head balanced.
5) When I am able to sleep on my side, I often wake up because my ear is killing me. This pillow is firm!!!
6) At the 1 year point, the pillow is degrading enough that the shape is a little wonky, the support is less, and the polyfill is getting lumpy.
When I started writing this review I thought I'd have more positive things to say, but I guess overall I'm pretty dissatisfied. I had very high hopes, as it was recommended by my massage therapist, but this pillow was definitely not the solution I was hoping for!
Top reviews from other countries
Last night I slept on my new Tri-Core Pillow and could just let my body relax. Just find the right side for your comfort. It even has a dip in the right place for your shoulder.
Perfect for those that need to keep thier neck alignment right and sleep on both sides and back like myself.
I have struggled to find one as good as this since so although to was very expensive, it was well worth the money for a good night's sleep.