- Create your FREE Amazon Business account to save up to 10% with Business-only prices and free shipping.
Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 Ultimate Old Version
- Support for over 250 cameras has been added for those who shoot in the raw format
- New Media Recovery software is included and can recover images, movies and sound files from memory cards, including SD, miniSD
- Includes a 2 GB USB flash drive for storing and transferring your digital photos and files
- This easy photo fixing mode helps you view and correct dozens of photos in the time it used to take to edit just a few by letting you edit photos
- Red Eye Removal--Eliminate red eye in one click or use advanced red-eye removal that even works on pets
There is a newer version of this item:
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 Ultimate combines ease of use with full professional power. Fix brightness, color and photo imperfections like red eye in a few clicks, or use precision photo-editing controls to create photos you¿ll be proud to share. Includes everything in Paint Shop Pro Photo X2, plus: ¿ Enhanced! Camera raw support - Enjoy support for over 250 camera raw formats ¿ New! Background remover plug-in - Easily remove the background of a photo and change it to a new scene for more creative impact ¿ Enhanced! Creative content pack - Get creative with your photos by adding fun details. Choose from 150 brand-new, custom-made photo frames, photo edges and Picture Tubes ¿ New! Certified for Windows Vista - Certified for Windows Vista software has undergone Microsoft compatibility tests for ease of use, better performance and enhanced security ¿ Bonus! USB flash drive (2 GB) - Store and transfer your digital photos with this handy thumb drive ¿ Bonus! Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4 - Transform your photos into stunning paintings in 3 easy steps ¿ Bonus! Media recovery software - Recover images, movies and sound files, even from reformatted memory cards
Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 Ultimate combines ease of use with full professional power. Fix brightness, color and photo imperfections like red eye in a few clicks, or use precision photo-editing controls to create photos you'll be proud to share. The Ultimate edition features valuable extras like media recovery software, a creative content pack, Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4 and a 2 GB USB flash drive--over $180 in value!
The easiest way to get professional looking photos--fast!
OverviewPaint Shop Pro Photo X2 has everything you need to create stunning photos. The integrated Learning Center and a selection of one-click photo-fixing tools make it easy to correct common photo flaws such as red eye, color and sharpness. Unique makeover tools let you whiten teeth, remove blemishes and paint on a tan, so you can make everyone look their best before printing or posting photos online. As your skills and confidence grow, you can harness the power of professional-quality features such as HDR Photo Merge, Histogram, Curves and Levels Adjustment tools to make precision edits. You can even get creative with artistic effects and filters to turn your favorite photos into fun projects to share with family and friends.
- Import pictures from your camera automatically
- Instantly fix common problems such as red eye, color and sharpness
- Add special effects to photos, text and projects with a few simple clicks
- Use advanced editing tools to fine-tune images on your own
- Print, email and share photos
Paint Shop Pro Photo X2
- New--Express Lab
- Save hours with this rapid photo fixing mode
- Corel MediaOne Plus (DVD Maker not included)
- Edit with fast, fun and easy photo & video software
- Turn pictures and video clips into slide shows, or create collages, calendars and album pages
- Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 video training
- Learn editing tips and tricks with video tutorials by Lynda.com
- Special effects filters by Nik Software
- Add stunning effects and styles to transform pictures into unique photographs
The Express Lab lets you edit photos without opening each image file individually, so your workflow runs seamlessly. Click to enlarge.
Use layers to add effects to your images. Click to enlarge.
Ease of use with full professional power. Click to enlarge.
Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 Ultimate
Includes everything in Paint Shop Pro Photo X2, plus:
- Enhanced--Camera raw support
- Enjoy support for over 250 camera raw formats
- New--Background remover plug-in
- Easily remove the background of a photo and change it to a new scene for more creative impact
- Enhanced--Creative content pack
- Get creative with your photos by adding fun details. Choose from 150 brand-new, custom-made photo frames, photo edges and Picture Tubes
- New--Certified for Windows Vista
- Certified for Windows Vista software has undergone Microsoft compatibility tests for ease of use, better performance and enhanced security
- Bonus--USB flash drive (2 GB)
- Store and transfer your digital photos with this handy thumb drive
- Bonus--Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4
- Transform your photos into stunning paintings in 3 easy steps
- Bonus--Media recovery software
- Recover images, movies and sound files, even from reformatted memory cards
Enhanced--Camera Raw Support
For those who shoot in raw format, support for over 250 cameras has been added.
This new plug-in lets you easily change the background in your photos to create unique and exciting effects. Just cut out part of an image, remove it from the background and place it on a different setting. You can even preserve fine image details like strands of hair or smoke.
Enhanced--Creative Content Pack
Ideal for scrapbooking and other creative photo projects, this bonus pack contains 150 brand-new, custom-made photo frames, photo edges and Picture Tubes that allow you to enhance any image with fun graphics.
New--Certified for Microsoft Windows Vista
Certified for Windows Vista software has undergone Microsoft compatibility tests for ease of use, better performance and enhanced security.
Bonus--Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4
This fun program lets you turn a photo into a unique work of art in just 3 easy steps:
1. Choose a photo and the painting style you want to apply.
2. Let the Smart Stroke painting technology create a stunning painting.
3. Touch up your masterpiece by hand if desired.
Bonus--Media Recovery Software
New Media Recovery software included with Paint Shop Pro X2 Ultimate can recover images, movies and sound files from memory cards, even if they have been reformatted. It is compatible with virtually all media card formats, including SD, miniSD, microSD, CompactFlash I & II, Memory Stick, MMC, xD, SmartMedia and Micro Drive.
Bonus--USB Flash Drive
Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 Ultimate comes with a 2 GB USB flash drive for storing and transferring your digital photos and files.
New--Corel MediaOne Plus (DVD Maker not included)
This fast, fun and easy photo & video software lets you turn pictures and video clips into slide shows, and create collages, calendars and album pages.
Get photos from your PC, camera or scanner automatically with Express Lab. Click to enlarge.
Easily apply artistic effects to individual layers, such as drop shadows, embossing and reflections. Click to enlarge.
Merge photos of the same scene taken at different exposures or with different brightness/contract settings to create a final image that features the full range of detail in the highlights and the shadows. Click to enlarge.
View, organize and edit photos quickly
- Rotate, resize, crop, straighten and remove red eye fast in Express Lab mode
- Import photos automatically, including raw images
- View thumbnails of all images on your hard drive
- Tag photos with keywords for easy reference
- Search for photos by filename, folder name, keyword tag, caption text or image metadata
This easy photo fixing mode helps you view and correct dozens of photos in the time it used to take to edit just a few. The Express Lab lets you edit photos without opening each image file individually, so your workflow runs seamlessly!
- Get photos from your PC, camera or scanner automatically
- Adjust photo details, such as brightness, shadows, highlights and saturation
- Rotate, resize, crop, straighten and remove red eye
- Retouch and restore to remove flaws
Automatically store a copy of your original photo when saving an edited version.
Crop to New Image
Quickly separate multiple images that you scanned at the same time. This tool automatically creates a new file from the cropped area and keeps the original scan open so you can easily separate individual image files from the group scan.
Enhanced--Camera Raw Support
Download photos from your camera to computer effortlessly, including raw image formats produced by many digital cameras. By working with these "digital negatives," you can achieve the results you want with greater artistic control and flexibility, without overwriting the original raw files.
Support for Over 50 Formats
View photos and video clips in more than 50 file formats. Easily import files and ensure accurate color quality for your images.
Share Photos Instantly
Email photos or slide shows to family and friends.
Retouch your photos like a pro
- Retouch with unique makeover tools to look your best in photos you print or post online
- Whiten teeth, smooth wrinkles and remove blemishes with a few clicks
- Edit quickly with easy tools
- Cover distractions or remove unwanted objects
- Change the color of anything in your photo
- Remove noise, grain or discolorations
Make sure the people in your photos look their best with tools that are fun and easy to use. Help your subjects look thinner in seconds, whiten bloodshot eyes, smooth wrinkles, paint on a tan and remove blemishes.
Smart Photo Fix
Instantly correct lighting and color problems with automated tools, or make manual corrections on your own.
Red Eye Removal
Eliminate red eye in one click or use advanced red-eye removal that even works on pets.
Easily change the color of objects in your digital photos, such as clothing, walls and furniture. Rather than simply replacing a color, the Color Changer detects and analyzes variations in brightness, then makes the necessary adjustments to produce a realistic effect.
Remove Digital Camera Noise
"Noise" artifacts are small specks of color that interfere with the clarity of your digital image.
- One-Step Noise Removal--smooth photos with a single click
- Digital Camera Noise Removal--precisely control how these same corrections are applied
Fix crooked photos taken at awkward angles.
Get rid of unwanted distortions by changing perspective.
Repair Damaged Photos
Restore old, damaged photos by removing scratches and fading.
Remove Distracting Objects
Improve photos by covering up unwanted background objects, such as lamp posts, trees and buildings.
Enhance with professional tools
- Combine exposures to get full details in highlights and shadows
- Simulate black & white film or convert to sepia
- Adjust levels, curves or histogram settings
- Fix brightness, color, contrast, saturation and sharpness
- Experiment with more advanced editing tools by fine-tuning details on your own
HDR Photo Merge
Merge photos of the same scene taken at different exposures or with different brightness/contract settings to create a final image that features the full range of detail in the highlights and the shadows.
Enhanced--Black & White Photos
Create dynamic black & white images by simulating the look of taking photos using a colored lens filter.
Layers and Adjustment Layers
Maintain image quality when applying changes to color or tone. Edit photos with precision by adding multiple adjustment layers to test various color corrections or to see how corrections look when they're combined.
Adjust Levels & Curves
Change photo exposure using advanced features, including Levels, Curves or Histogram Adjustment tools.
Sharpen Out-of-Focus Pictures
Turn fuzzy photos into crisp images, without compressing or degrading the quality of the image.
Fix Lens Distortions
Easily remove fish-eye, barrel and other lens distortions.
Depth of Field Effect
Draw attention to a specific area of an image. Depth of Field applies focus to a region of your photo while applying an out-of-focus blur to the rest of the image. This allows you to create an effect in seconds that usually requires precise manual lens aperture adjustments.
Work with a variety of advanced features, including 16-bits-per-channel editing, color management settings and raw file conversion.
Take credit for your photos by easily adding a visible watermark to label your work.
Create and share one-of-a-kind photo projects
- Give photos a unique look with vintage and artistic effects
- Simulate the look of film using vivid, glamour and vibrant foliage filters
- Decorate your favorite photos with Picture Frames and Picture Tubes
- Use layers to add drop shadows, glows, reflections and embossing to your images
- Design scrapbook pages, cards and collages to share with friends and family
Easily apply artistic effects to individual layers, such as drop shadows, embossing and reflections.
Decorate your photos with 30 new sets of professionally designed artistic elements. A longtime user favorite, this tool lets you paint on photos with readymade art that features a variety of themes. For example, add butterflies and beetles to a picnic setting or fill an aquarium with fish.
Picture Frames and Photo Edges
Easily add eye-catching final touches to your images with 20 new Picture Frames. A variety of styles and the ability to edit give you more creative possibilities.
Go back in time and give photos a retro look using effects that replicate the unique appearance of photos taken in the 1800s, 1950s and other points in history.
Black & White Photos
Easily covert your color photos to black & white, mimic infrared film or add a touch of class by making them sepia-toned.
Special Film Effects
Produce interesting, eye-catching photos with a range of effects inspired by classic film and filter types. Simulate the unique look of slide or portrait film, mimic the effect of using color filters on your camera lens, or apply a Film Look to model the effect of using different types of film in a traditional camera.
Add shapes or words to your photos to add creativity, raise impact, or note important dates and events.
Enhanced--Creative Content Pack
This bonus pack contains 150 brand-new, custom-made photo frames, photo edges and Picture Tubes that allow you to brighten up any image with fun graphics.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : Yes
- Product Dimensions : 9.6 x 7.9 x 2.1 inches; 1 Pounds
- Item model number : PSPPX2ULTENPC
- Date First Available : August 24, 2008
- Manufacturer : Corel
- ASIN : B001EJVQDG
- Best Sellers Rank: #4,455 in Software (See Top 100 in Software)
- Customer Reviews:
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have three 22-24" monitors (they're dirt cheap these day -- about $170 on Amazon). I put all the X2 tool boxes on the left one and the Organizer (with all the thumbnails for a folder full of pictures) on the right one and work full screen on the middle one. I don't know if I could have done this with PSP 9, but I never did and I love this arrangement.
One of the windows I keep open on the left monitor is the tutor ("Learning Center"), which helps with any features I'm not used to. But I've had no trouble adjusting to the new format for old features which I've always used.
I'm not going to get into all the features, which other reviewers have done. I just wanted to offer an opposing view to some of the 1-star reviewers who say X2 won't install or won't run. I'm not claiming that it will run on all systems, just that it works for me. The funny thing is that if you look at PhotoShop Elements 8 reviews on Amazon, it has a lower average rating, more 1-2 star reviews, and a lot fewer 5-star reviews, yet it costs twice as much. Which just goes to show that you can't please everyone.
Bottom line: the upgraded and new features were well worth $30 (even $40) and I am very happy with this purchase. It doesn't even bother me that a newer version has come out, since if it had not been for the low price of X2, I would still be using PSP 9. I give it 5 stars to reflect my personal experience and the bang for the buck.
I started editing photos using Picasa, the free download from Google. That was okay then - for my level of expertise. Later, I improved my results a little by using PhotoShop Elements 7. It was a lot more difficult to use than Picasa, but the results were worth the extra effort. Both accepted Canon RAW formats.
Now I'm using Coral Paint Shop Pro Ultimate Photo X2 - and the other smaller programs included for free. I am amazed that good User Guides, and excellent Video Instructions, are included at no additional charge. I did purchase a book for Coral's Photo X3, but just to see if it's worth the upgrade to me. It is. I'm saving up (or waiting for the price to drop when X4 comes out).
Of course all these new potentials are kind of overwhelming at first. But I can use just the easy parts or, if inspired by a one of my pictures, I can go to whatever level I'm willing to expend the effort to use.
What's all this griping about complexity and crashing. Access to many solutions (that must be complex) is desired. As far as crashes, does anyone really know why any given program crashes? They all crash. Get used to it. Take precautions. SAVE YOUR WORK FREQUENTLY. As for the sometimes complaint of running slow, my top of the line Canon Pro9000 Mark II prints slow, especially with high resolution Canon RAW photographs. Tish Tish I'm just glad that the program handles Canon RAW (and automatically saves to TIFF.)
This is a really good program(s). But, if you can afford it, BUY THE CURRENT X3 RELEASE. I hope this is helpful.
For me Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo x2 Ultimate has a very logical, common sense approach. I easily figured out the basics without looking at the manual. For years I've really enjoyed doing photo restoration from my family's extensive collection(going back to the early 1900's). Then I recently got a Nikon D5000 SLR, and wanted a better program to manipulate my photos. I was able to do all these things and more with Paint Shop Pro. Great "smart fix photo" step, to see how the program chooses to change your photo. Then you can adjust from there to your liking. Otherwise, do everything by hand to fit your wishes. Great hue/saturation, brightness and contrast, flash fill, and noise reduction.
I also took out some Corel Paint Shop books at the library. Both were great in giving step by step instructions for common photo problems(low light, distracting objects, etc). One of those books recommended using this program with the a Wacom Pen Tablet. A-mazing. With this pairing, I feel I can do wondrous things to my images. I chose the pen and touch model, and it turned this program into pure heaven. I have great control over scratch retouching, etc. I don't know why I waited this long to get this, but I'm so glad I did. Awesome program for the photography buff on a budget.