Corel WordPerfect Office X6 Home & Student [Old Version]
|Price:||$43.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Work smarter and faster with the essential office suite - Do more with documents using WordPerfect X6. Create high-impact documents, letters, labels, cover sheets, brochures, resumes and more.
- Work with an even larger number of file types - Open, edit and save the latest Microsoft Office formats, including: Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft OOXML files
- Work the way you want, with quick and easy customization - Choose from a variety of customizable menus, shortcuts and toolbars to streamline your productivity
- Work with extra tools for improved productivity and collaboration - Find the information and help you need using the WordPerfect Reference Center, plus take advantage of free BrainStorm training videos
There is a newer version of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Want to create impressive documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and more? It’s easy with Corel WordPerfect Office X6 – Home & Student Edition, the office suite that’s been trusted by millions of users for over 30 years. Work with over 60 file types, including the latest Microsoft Office formats. Enjoy hassle-free formatting with Reveal Codes, save time with new multi-monitor support, and improve the way you work with new built-in Microsoft Explorer file previewing. Plus, get the Nuance PaperPort 12 SE document and PDF manager at no extra cost. It’s WordPerfect, the easy-to-use office suite that lets home and student users take control.
From the Manufacturer
Corel WordPerfect Office X6 – Home & Student Edition is the affordable and easy-to-use office suite for home PC users, students, and educators. Create high-quality documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and more, plus experience unmatched compatibility, with support for over 60 file types, including the latest Microsoft Office formats.
Enjoy all-new features, including Windows Explorer previewing capabilities, multi-monitor support, and built-in applications. Take advantage of classic features like Make It Fit and Reveal Codes for hassle-free formatting.
Work smarter and faster with the essential office suite. You can do more with documents using WordPerfect X6 by creating high-impact documents, letters, labels, cover sheets, brochures, resumes, and more. With Quattro Pro X6, manage numbers and create dynamic spreadsheets that are perfect for projects such as budgets, schedules, and calendars. Presentations X6 allows you to make a visual impact and create compelling slideshows, school reports, and multi-media presentations. Collect information, images, and ideas with the Corel WordPerfect Lightning digital notebook. Take notes, view files, snap screenshots, and gather information and research materials from the web, email, documents, and other sources.
Work with an even larger number of file types. Experience the ultimate compatibility and work with over 60 file types, including ODF files. You can also open, edit, and save the latest Microsoft Office formats.
Work the way you want, with quick and easy customization. Choose from a variety of customizable menus, shortcuts, and toolbars to streamline your productivity. With new multiple monitor support, you can open and simultaneously work on even more files than ever. All-new Windows Explorer and Microsoft Outlook previewing allows you to check out files before you open them. Enjoy classic features like Make It Fit and Reveal Codes for hassle-free formatting.
Work with extra tools for improved productivity and collaboration. Using the WordPerfect Reference Center find the information and help you need, plus take advantage of free BrainStorm training videos.
- WordPerfect X6 word processor
- Quattro Pro X6 spreadsheet program
- Presentations X6 slideshow creator
- Corel WordPerfect Lightning digital notebook
- WordPerfect OfficeReady pre-made templates
- Mozilla Firefox web browser
- Nuance PaperPort 12 SE document manager
- BrainStorm training videos
- Microsoft Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP with latest service packs and updates installed (32-bit or 64-bit editions)
- 1.5 GB hard disk space for minimum installation
- 256 MB RAM
- 466 MHZ processor
- 800 x 600 monitor resolution (1024 x 768 or higher recommended)
- DVD drive
- Mouse or tablet
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Before you try loading the CD turn OFF all virus protection and fire walls. Or you will have nothing but errors while trying to load the program. After turning everything off it loads and installs with no problems. Be sure to turn everything back on before you let WP access the internet for any updates it needs. If this is a new install or an upgrade you will like the changes this version offers. One nice thing you can save in over 60 file types. Comes with WinZip (a nice program) A nice surprise the disk is good for 3 install. No wear did I see that in the product description. And be sure to write down the serial numbers some place you will not lose it. Or you end up with a use less CD. I've been using Word Perfect before it was taken over by Corel and highly recommend it today.
1. Wordperfect allows you to see all of the embedded formatting codes within your document. This makes it easy to visualize what is going on with the formatting. Once the codes are visible, you can simply delete a code and wipe out that format change, or you can click on the format code and edit it. With Word, you cannot see the formatting codes. You can keep making changes, but you are always working in the dark, not quite knowing what is there controlling your document or exactly where the formatting code takes effect.
2. Wordperfect allows you to insert a saved document into the current document. Lets say you have boilerplate paragraphs that are saved as individual files. You can hit Alt-I and then I, and you can bring a file from the disk directly into the current document. Word does not let you bring a saved document directly into the current document. You have to bring it up in a separate window, then block and copy that portion into the current document, then close the window for the boilerplate paragraph. That's a lot of clumsy compared to just popping it in right where you want it to go.
3. Wordperfect will let you preview documents without actually opening them. Let's say there are several potential files that you want to review, just to see what is there. If the documents have a similar root, for example they all start with Jones, you can ask for a list of Jones*, and you will see a list of everything that starts with Jones. There is a preview icon on the toolbar with the directory list. When active, preview uses the right portion of the screen to preview the document, while the left portion continues to show the directory you asked to see. Then you can click on each item from the list and read what is there, one after the other, without opening (or having to close) each document. With Word, you would have to get your potential list, open the first document into a new window, see that it is not what you want, then close the window, then go back to a directory request again and start over.
Wordperfect allows you to record macros and assign macros or keystrokes to keys. Word does this also, but I am just saying this has the bells and whistles you need in a full featured word processor. The macros can even take on the complexity of programming. Wordperfect does everything you may need to do with a word processor, including support for graphics, colors, page numbering, numbered lines, highlighting, fonts, strikeout, comparison of different documents, password protection, templates, and creating an index dynamically linked to each page with the specified content. In Wordperfect, the F10 key is not assigned. I have found it very useful to define the F10 key with the command to print the current page. I need to print the current page quite often, and this way I can do it by just hitting one key. I have also defined the NUM+ key to cycle the window to the next open document. If you have several open windows with documents, it is very handy to be able to just pop from one open document to the next. You can even write a macro that will flip to the next window. For example if you have a long mailing list in one window, a macro could block the address, move it to the window with an envelope format, print it, clear the envelope, move back to the mailing list, go down for the next address, and repeat. The trick to automating word processing is to be consistent in the way everything is entered. That way, you can apply a macro and it will always work the same each time. Another tip is that when I bring up a blank letter format, there is already a blank envelope format attached as the last page. To copy the address block from the letter onto the envelope, I start by putting the cursor within the address block, then I run the macro (which can also be assigned to keystrokes, such as Alt-E.) The macro looks for two carriage returns above, starts blocking, then looks for two carriage returns below, copies the blocked text, moves to the end of the document and inserts it, and voila, by just hitting ALT-E you have addressed your envelope. It is also helpful to define the insert key as paste-unformatted. If you copy something from the internet and use Control-V to insert it, it will retain the formatting of the original, which usually means a different font. If you use paste-unformatted, the inserted portion will take on the formatting of the document it is copied into. Wordperfect tries to enable compatibility with the then current version of Word, although Word does not try to be compatible with Wordperfect. That means you can save from Wordperfect in a Word format, and you can open documents that are saved as Word documents. Wordperfect gives you more options for formats to save documents, including PDF, RTF, HTML, and some older programs. You can fax directly from the program, without having to print the document first.
The Office suite comes with presentations and a spreadsheet, which are supposed to be compatible with those counterparts in Word Office. I have not used those programs. Wordperfect does everything you need in word processing, and in some cases some things that even Word cannot do. It is robust and does not hang up. I think it is more intuitive and gives me the control to see and do exactly what I want. Lastly, if you do real hard core typing, you will really enjoy a good mechanical keyboard. The keyboards that come with computers just don't cut it for heavy duty typing. A good mechanical keyboard (called mechanical because they have switches rather than membranes) will run between $80 to $160, but you will really enjoy typing if you get one. There is a range of choices depending on the resistance and the click that suits you.
I will always buy the latest edition of WordPerfect even though I have MS Word effectively for free.
Update for Win 8.1 (not on the Metro POS)
I installed the program from the DVD, and the first time it fired up it fell over immediately. I did some googling, and there was a suggestion from someone in Corel support to delete the .jpg file that is used on the splash screen?? The instructions pointed to exactly where the file was, I renamed it rather than deleting it, tried it again and it worked? Anyway, that allowed my to update it with their SP1 which was documented as making WP more Win8.1 friendly. No problems after that.