|Item Weight||1 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||1.9 x 1.9 x 11.3 inches|
|California residents||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Item model number||8649|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Dap 08649 Dow Corning Almond Silicone Sealant 10.1-Ounce
|Price:||$4.69 + $3.65 shipping|
Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- This product is a 9.8Oz Almond Sili Sealant
- Purpose of use for Caulk & Sealants, silicone-adhesives
- Manufactured in the United States
- Protect and seal with 100% silicone rubber
- Waterproof, weatherproof, won't crack, crumble or dry out
- Meets Fed. Spec TT-S-001543A, class A
- Meets requirements of FDA Regulation number 21 CFR 177.2600 and CID-A-A-272, Type IV
- 50 year durability guarantee
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
When I started applying the sealant to the false bottom I noticed a terrible chemical smell which made me question if the stuff was actually food safe. I then called the DAP help line and they told me that this part number, 08641, used to be FDA approved but they recently changed the formulation and it is no longer approved for food contact. Needless to say I am no longer comfortable using this in my application and I will probably need to replace my false bottom depending on how well it cleans up. I haven't attempted this yet.
I raised this issue with Amazon and they resolved my situation, but I don't want this or worse happen to anybody else. Hopefully they remove the FDA listing from this item description sooner than later.
I think the real issue here is why would DAP keep the same part number, packaging, and label color through a pretty serious formulation change like this? I realize that not everybody is buying this because it's rated for food contact, but it's a pretty major specification to do a 180 on without some obvious way to tell the difference.
Rating three stars because I'm sure this still works well for applications that don't require food contact.
EDIT: It looks like they finally took the FDA listing off this item page - 8/6/14
1) Wooden window frame - The wood frame on the window in my bathroom has pulled slightly away from the base at the bottom. I had some small bugs sneaking through there. I sealed it with this product and it worked great, even in cold weather (down to about 10F for a few days).
2) Kitchen Faucet Seal - I replaced my kitchen sink's faucet and wanted to add a sealant around the stainless steal base and sink. This worked like a charm and because it's clear it doesn't stand out at all.
3) Kitchen Counter Top - I scraped away the old sealant that was around the base and the metal ends on my kitchen counters, and this sealant made for a great replacement. It's also food safe so no concerns there - a big plus for me.
Note that this review is for the clear version of the product, someone else had a complaint about a colored sealant which this is not.
Also note that the sealant isn't very firm or hard, it's flexible which for me is the best. However, it can be slightly tacky and collect dust or debris, but a wet cloth handles that as quick and easily as anything else.
What I needed to do was seal up the rim area of a "vittles vault" food container, which I use for liquids (homebrewed beer fermentation). Around the inside of the lid area, there are some crevices. The beer does not normally come into contact with this (siphon in, siphon out), but when I would dump out the "trub" solids during post-use cleaning, bits of trub would get stuck in those crevices, lengthening my cleanup effort.
I am not sure I would use this anywhere that the beer would remain in constant contact (but doing so may be OK), but for above the "waterline" sealing this is great.
As for other reviews of this item, read carefully the product description to see if it matches. Mine was clear silicone, which matches the product description. Another reviewer noted their silicone was black in color. Amazon sometimes recycles existing reviews onto similar products. The item I received was the "Dap 08641 Dow Corning Clear Silicone Sealant 10.1-Ounce".
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I like the DAP silicone product much better than many of the competitors that I've tried. With water washable latex, a few air bubbles, and some different densities in the tube... Read morePublished 11 days ago by Adam J. McKee
I just scrapped all the old messy job of silicone and caulk off my shower base and around the bottom of the door and this has worked perfectly. Read morePublished 27 days ago by ABC