Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 291 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 336 reviews
on October 31, 2014
I have another doll, just like this one (different clothes, an older model) and it has lasted almost a year and a half now. It has been great. I ordered this doll 5 months ago and it has ripped right across the seam from armpit to armpit. The fabric it is made of frays so easily, that it is impossible to restitch. It will not hold the stitch. This would not be a huge issue, if the doll were not so expensive. I have tried to contact Amazon about it, and they say that too much time has passed, which I understand. I have tried to contact Corolle, and there has been no response. I'm now left with a sad little girl, and an expensive, useless doll.

Update: I finally got a response from Corolle and they said that they have a 1 year warranty on all of their products, and to contact the retailer where I purchased it to get another. I called Amazon again and explained what Corolle told me, and they agreed to replace the doll. I am, of course, happy with this result, and since they back their products, would have no problem ordering from them again.
review image
on December 9, 2013
LOVE this doll. I wanted a realistic looking doll for our 1.5 year old daughter to help her prepare to be a big sister. This doll was exactly what I was looking for.

- The vanilla smell is NOT too strong, you notice it at first and then you only notice it when you put your nose directly on the doll's head. This is coming from someone who is pregnant (so smells are stronger and more annoying) and hates vanilla. I can only assume the people complaining about the smell are basing this just of off the first encounter or they have a crazy impressive nose

- The size is perfect for little toddlers. At first I was almost disappointed by the size, even though i read the description and knew it would be little but for a toddler the size is proportional. Do not get this doll if you want it to be life size, you will be disappointed. Your toddler, will not be disappointed, however, because his/her little doll with be very easy to carry and play with

- I love that this doll has the nice bean-bag like body. I found myself wanting to snuggle and hold this doll myself!

- I love that this doll is just a doll, no batteries needed, no annoying crying or sucking, just a cute classic doll with eyes that open when propped up and close when laying down.

- I don't know why people complain about the teeth. I think they must be looking for things to complain about. The teeth are only noticeable when you tip her head back and even then, they dont scream at you. They are really very subtle. I probably wouldnt have noticed them at all if I hadnt read reviews about people complaining about them.

-You can't force your kid to love a toy, that being said for MY 1.5 year old daughter loves this doll. She was in awe of it from the first moment she saw it. She was almost nervous to touch it at first, she has never responded that way to another toy before. At first she would gently touch her face or give her kisses and then gently hold her. This is by far her favorite toy. I think she has turned this doll into a "lovey" She is not as gentle and nice to her now that she has had her for a few weeks but she still loves her. So far this doll has held up well to being "fed" snacks and grubby little hands rubbed all over her clothes as well as being dropped and slept on.

-The outfit the doll comes with is cute like another review mentioned, it has pilled. But my daughter couldnt care less about that. I have washed it once and it came out fine. It is really easy to get the doll dressed, so if your child is constantly asking you to dress and undress their doll this one is pretty painless (can't speak for any other outfits as this is the only one we have)

-The hat stays on great during play or travel but if your toddler is like mine, expect that it will probably be ripped off in about 2 seconds. Not a big deal, and the doll's head is cute so I actually think it looks cuter without it

Bottom line:
Such an adorable doll! We don't spend a lot of toys so this was a splurge for us, but it was well worth it. Yes you could get a different doll for cheaper, but it wouldnt be as cute or as thoughtfully designed. If you are looking for that "classic" baby doll this is it. I will definitely be buying another bigger corolle doll when my daughter gets older.
on October 2, 2014
I purchased this doll for my daughter's 1st birthday based on the other reviews and it was, hands down, her favorite gift! I thought she would like the baby doll but had no idea how much she would LOVE this baby doll. It goes with her everywhere and I literally have to pry it from her hands when she is eating and has to take a bath. She loves to play with the baby's eye lashes and give her kisses. I also purchased this doll stroller (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FKCYAO/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_4) and she loves to put the baby in and take her out. She hasn't learned to push the stroller yet but I think she will in a couple of months. Oh and this baby doll smells sooo good. As another reviewer mentioned, the baby does have two little teeth that you can not see in the picture but can in person. And the face is just precious. I highly recommend this as a first baby doll. She is not to big and not to small - perfect for a one year old.
on March 13, 2013
I was looking for a doll for my soon to be 2 year old's birthday. After reading about dolls in general, I decided I definitely wanted Corolle dolls (I also have a 4 year old and bought her a Les Cheries). I originally bought the Les Classiques for the 2 year old based on the manufacturer's recommended age, but when I received it, I was very disappointed in how huge it was. Way too big for a 2 year old to carry around, and just looks wrong. I don't know why - just not the right size for a doll. The Les Cheries arrived the same day and I loved it - it will be perfect for my 4 year old, but I digress... so I returned the Les Classiques and thought I'd give this one a try. My other choice was getting a cloth waldorf-style doll. I really want a doll that will become "the" doll and have an heirloom quality to it. This doll arrived today and I love it. I mean, LOVE IT. It's the perfect size, has a very satisfying weight to it, and of course the vanilla smell is divine. The clothes are very simple and cute and easy to remove, and the hat is tight enough that I suspect it has a chance at staying on the doll's head for more than a few minutes :) The arms and legs and face details are so precious. I didn't realize how crappy our other dolls are until I saw this one. It's truly beautiful, like a real baby. Ultimately, though I tend to like more natural fabrics and toys and shy away from plastic, the vinyl body on this doll makes it more lifelike than any cloth doll will ever be, and I suspect my daughter will love it. I immediately just wanted to cuddle it when I saw it! If you're considering a doll for your toddler, I can't imagine something better than this.
on July 18, 2014
My daughter has several Corolle dolls. It has become our go-to brand for baby dolls. This doll, however, did not live up to the standards we've come to expect from them. The places the arms/legs/head attach to the body look tenuous and I can see part of the construction around the neck that I really don't think should be visible. The 'signature vanilla scent' just wasn't there, as though this doll had been sitting around for a long while, leaving it smelling of plastic (vinyl). When I looked inside the mouth one tooth looked chipped from underneath. One positive thing is the eyes. They open and close beautifully and when the doll sits up they really do *pop* open.
I like Corolle and this doll is actually far better than what many other brands offer, but if you are going to spend Corolle sized $$ on a doll it should stand up to the standards of their other products. I returned this doll but stuck with the brand because the other Corolle dolls we have are well constructed, much loved, and holding up quite well.
on February 23, 2017
SUPER well made. very happy so far. the vanilla scent is not over powering. this doll seems to be pretty tough. she DOES have the tiny teeth in her mouth, which means the sold separately corolle calin pacifiers will NOT work with this doll. very happy with the quality of the clothing on her as well.
on May 10, 2014
I had read many reviews, so I comment on the concerns mentioned, (which were few): First of all, the scent is only very mild- you can barely detect it.. so ignore any concerns there. Her eyes opened symmetrically, so some reviewer's comments about one eye not closing in tandem with the other, must have been rare defects, not the common product. Yes her arms and neck "pole" do flop in her soft body; you can feel the harder plastic beginnings within the filling if you choose to feel for them... we adults may not like that this is not streamlined perfectly like our human bodies are with firm muscles, but this is surely not a problem for a 12-month old or toddler. It appears to me that the manufacturer has helped to keep the doll lightweight by focusing on the external, not internal structure. An added framework would make the doll heavier I'm sure.. I got this for my granddaughter's 1st birthday, and the small size is great because she is small. She weighed under 17 pounds at age 1! Overall, compared to other dolls at ToysR Us or Target etc, this doll is realistic without being creepy like those life-like dolls. Most other dolls in retail stores have "cartoonish" eyes- painted on, and their expressions are more fixed (like an open mouth appearing surprised or waiting to be fed).. Corolle has created the perfect balance of cuteness and life-like features without appearing "cheap", as most other dolls appear to be, in my opinion. The cost was just fine for what you get!
on February 18, 2015
This doll is so perfect! When we became pregnant with our 2nd daughter we really wanted to find a cute baby doll to give our older daughter when she came to the hospital to meet baby sister. This was the only good option we found! All of the cheap dolls at retail stores were either too big or too unrealistic looking. This sweet baby has a light, sweet smell of vanilla that makes her extra loveable. It's not an annoying air freshener scent either. It's just the perfect smell. She has some beans in her soft body that make her extra huggable and cozy. I was a little worried about getting a two year old a doll with eyes that open and shut, but she is holding up well! We bought her back in early October, about four months ago, and she still looks new and has been VERY well loved already! :) She's the perfect, tiny first baby doll!
on February 21, 2015
I purchased this doll as a Christmas present for my then 18 month old daughter. I think she's the perfect size for a little girl ages 12 months to probably around 3. She's very small and delicate. I was debating between her and the Melissa and Doug Jenna doll. I had the fortune of being able to see both of them in a toy store, and I realized that I preferred the Corolle doll's face. She's slightly more delicate and refined in the face, hands, and feet. And, she smells wonderful, a soft vanilla scent. We purchased some Corolle accessories to go with her, and I'm a bit disappointed in those for the price, but the doll - couldn't be happier with her. One strange thing about our doll - she has a bright coral trim on her bodysuit. It doesn't look like the picture, and it doesn't match any of the accessories. We still love her!
on May 2, 2014
My daughter got a Melissa and Doug Jenna doll for her first birthday. It quickly became her favorite! I decided to order the Calin doll for an upcoming trip along with some clothes as part of her travel package and hoped that the clothes would work for her Jenna doll too. The clothes fit both dolls well, but my daughter (now 20 months) very much prefers Calin! She was very excited to see that she came with extra clothes (purchased separately) and had to try on all of the outfits (with help) right away. She has previously refused to have any doll get changed so I was surprised at how much she wanted that part of the experience. After she got distracted, I tucked Calib and her accessories in the suitcase and put Jenna in the place where my daughter had left Calin. She complained (with her limited vocabulary) about her baby for the rest of that day and into the next! My husband even noticed and asked that night why she was so upset about her baby!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.