Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Nina Nesbitt GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 16 reviews
on April 1, 2011
I bought this doll to help potty train my son and decided to make sure it worked before the day of as other reviewers suggested. It didn't. It is supposed to drink from the bottle that comes with it but I couldn't get anything to go in. I tried squeezing the bottle to push the water in, I tried squeezing the tummy then letting go when the bottle was in his mouth to try to suck the water in, I tried both at the same time...didn't work. So I took the Head off to see if it was something I could fix. It uses a tube from the mouth to the neck and it looks like they sealed it with something (not quite wax, not quite rubber?) but the part of the neck the tube attached to was snapped off inside the tube with no way to reattatch it. Since several other reviewers had similar problems (not drinking or leaking from the neck) I am guessing this is a common problem. I am sure it would still suck up water from the tub if you squeeze it's belly and let go, but it doesn't "drink and wet." It is a great idea, but the quality is hit and miss. For the money I paid and the modifications I am going to have to make it would have been just as easy (and a lot cheaper) to use a normal doll and just do all the wetting/pooping for it on the sly. It is a cute doll and does smell good, just isn't functional. I hope this helps anyone else who's in it for the potty training.
on July 5, 2011
I reluctantly purchased this doll for my 2 1/2 year old son. It worked great for potty training and he really enjoyed seeing the baby pee pee on the potty like him! I had no problems with the water leaking from the baby's neck or anything like I read on some doll reviews. The item was shipped quickly and receive in the original doll packaging/box. The doll smells so good! Only thing I would say was an issue was the baby peeing when held up straight - leaks out of the baby doesnt pour out like it does when you squeeze the baby's belly. But I just taught my son to carry the doll like a baby so it wasn't a big deal. =)
on February 19, 2013
Do you know how hard it is to find a boy doll?! My daughter has one and her little brother was very jealous. this doll has held up nicely. Going on four years for the first one. The powdery smell is somewhat annoying, but after many trips to the swimming pool and being left outside in the rain, it dissipates. Once the doll fills with water, it takes a while to empty. The doll will piddle for a while. Squeezing the water from the head is rather difficult and almost means taking the head completely off- best done by an adult. But it has held up to the rigors of my son (who destroys almost everything)
on December 26, 2008
We purchased this doll for my son when we potty trained him (at 22 months). My son instantly fell in love with the doll, and it smells so good I don't blame him!

Paul is uncircumcised, which is great if your child is, too. My disappointment was in getting Paul to drink and then hold his water. He "wet his pants" if you fed him his bottle and didn't have him immediately over the toilet, which sort of defeats the purpose of teaching your child that he shouldn't wet his pants!

If you're on a budget, you can certainly skip this toy. Positive reinforcement and cheering and making a big fuss when mommy and daddy went to the potty did much more to potty train our son than this doll did.
on August 26, 2011
I bought this doll to toilet train my son using the one day training method. The doll is great, just as described on the product label, it really does work in every way. I was very pleased when I got it, and even more pleased when it only took one day to teach my son to use the potty :)
on August 4, 2009
This sure did help when it came to potty training teaching! Also very important for teaching emotional skills to young boys - something many parents and teachers limit to girls.
on August 29, 2010
Bought this toy to help my son learn to use the toilet. We spent the weekend with him teaching Baby Paul to use the potty one morning (including Baby Paul having accidents), and then my son started using the potty that afternoon. Before we got the doll, he had resisted using the potty for anything but #1; this doll really helped! The only bad thing was my older daughter (5) got jealous and wanted a dolly of her own.
on June 23, 2008
My son really liked the doll and it was helpful with potty training. The doll would wet as soon as you gave it water. It is supposed to only wet when you push the belly. Still we liked the product overall.
on April 4, 2011
I actually purchased this doll for a game contest at a baby shower where the mother to be was expecting a boy. I felt the anatomically correctness was a nice tough. Blindfolded diaper changing with an occasional "accident" lol.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.