Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on June 21, 2013
The purpose of my buying these Corona grass shears was to replace my old, discontinued model of Gilmour shears, which are coming apart after years of use. After trying the Coronas, I found out pretty quick that the Gilmours cut a thicker layer of grass. I believe this has to do with the angle of the cutting edge. Specifically, the Coronas have an edge with relatively little bevel like a pair of scissors, while my old Gilmours have more bevel like a pair of pruners. The Coronas are fine, as long as I make twice as many passes as with the Gilmours. So I take it that "heavy duty" applies to the strength and durability of the Coronas, rather than to their cutting power.

By the way, I had to return for exchange the first pair of these Corona shears I bought, because they came with a crack in the frame. The quality of the replacement is better.
on September 12, 2013
These grass clippers are like what you might have bought fifty or more years ago with one modernization: foam grips for comfort. It's remarkable to me that this product sells so inexpensively. These are substantial grass clippers, heavy metal, and they are easy to operate. They may feel heavy to some users.

One final thought, though it may not matter to most, these are absolutely beautiful grass clippers from a bygone era, before weed whackers with plastic housing. They are a work of art. Looking forward to years and years of use.
on August 19, 2016
Very heavy compared to other grass shears I have used. This will give your hands and forearm a good workout cutting thick grass. Not very sharp, will be okay cutting a few(3-4 ) blades of grass at a time. With thick grass stems this would be a challenge. The welding points on this shears is sloppy, unsightly welding job and paint. I expected better quality from Corona than this.
on October 29, 2016
These shears are comfortable, sharp, and built to last. Dad bought me a pair forty years ago and that's what I used as a teenager. In years since, I tried this and that, but when I found these online--at half the price of comparable plastic-handled shears--I jumped on them. The design is unchanged, it's all steel with comfy, padded grips: there's nothing to improve. I don't think of grass shears as something worth reviewing, but these are an excellent tool at an excellent price. A total get.
on January 26, 2016
My husband received his pair of shears within the designated specified time noted by the company. I simply must mentioned that he was once again very impressed with the packing. Absolutely outstanding! The shears are so heavy duty and well built, it's amazing. We've never seen anything quite like it ever and will definitely recommend it to any and everyone looking for a professional quality pair of shears. We'd be happy to let them to anyone to try because after just one use they'll want one of their own, we guarantee it!
on November 12, 2014
I thought about getting a battery-operated trimmer, but the highly rated ones were well beyond what I wanted to pay. I came across this item and purchased it based on the reviews. The shears have a nice solid feel to them. I use them to trim around a newly installed Mail Gator mailbox, which is made out of plastic. My only complaint, and hence 4 stars, is that the cushion grips slide off too easily.
on August 5, 2017
These grass shears will help you to "git r done!" Bought this pair to replace my first pair which lasted about 35 years.
on May 15, 2017
This is a high quality pair of metal clippers and a great value compared to the plastic-y competition I've seen. The handles are covered with a foam product for comfortable use. They are quite sharp, have good spring action, and trim grass extremely well. I believe they will last a long time.
on August 9, 2016
These are excellent clippers. I have an old pair of the same ones and kind of wanted a new pair of grass shears, but all the others had no adjustments available to them and looked pretty cheap. The reviews weren't great, either. I kept searching (it was hard to find the right keywords to find this one, but I finally did! This is a well-made pair of shears that will last a LONG time. Definitely worth the money!
on July 10, 2013
I chose this rating because I liked, not loved the item. It does what it is supposed to do, cut grass. It is a little bulky with a somewhat strong return spring, but that is not a problem for me. Only time will tell how durable it is. Yes, I would recommend it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.