Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on September 1, 2017
I've learned that the polesaw has to be fully extended so you will not have issues with the plastic clamp slipping. That is the only bummer with this setup. Replace any screws with a nylon clamping screw that are found at the orange box store if you have to re-tighen anything frequently. This polesaw is heavy, and is a far superior tool to the cheap orange ones you find in local stores. If you need more reach, the Gilmour polesaws offer the best bang for the buck. This one is great for those shorter jobs. Fit and finish is best I've seen at this price point.
on May 19, 2014
I purchased this item after reading lots of reviews, going into various hardware stores and retail stores and looking at the ones that they had in stock. I looked at the Corona pruner that was rope-driven and chose the chain drive over that because I've had rope-drives fail. Some folks have complained about the chain binding and that was a concern. The last thing I wanted was to have to work harder on the tool than on the tree. I'm not the strongest fella (6'2 182lbs, 50 years old) and I needed a little more cutting power with minimized effort.

I waited to use this item, as many folks tend to write reviews after only a couple uses of a product. When I read a review, I always look for the part where they say how long they have owned and used the product. Most things are pretty good at the start of ownership, but time always has a way of revealing shortcomings. I'm not a rich fellow and needed something that would last. I also considered the number of reviews of the product, as less than ten reviews gives one little insight into quality and longevity.

I wanted the most reach I could get and at 6'2" tall (or at 4'5" tall for that matter), the longer reach you get out of a product like this, the more work you can do and avoid having to get out the ladder and risk falling off the darned thing while you're trying to cut a branch. Corona's marketing team could have done a LOT better job marketing their products, by providing more photos. I also went to their website, hoping to get more views of their products, but came up rather disappointed in that area. I added my own photos for you in the listing page here.

This tree pruner was ordered from Amazon. I price-shopped everywhere I could and found it to be the best price. The packing is a clamshell hard as heck plastic, but just be REALLY careful opening it. The order arrived and the box was crazy-long. Be sure to take into consideration the length of the pole collapsed and add to that, the blade. Also factor in where you are going to store the pruner. You can always remove the saw blade if storage height is an issue. The instructions were so minimal but decent.

The fiberglass pole is long and not too heavy. The padding is a neoprene material on the handle and this REALLY helps if you are sweating while working. The rope is reallllllllllllllly long, but it needs to be in order to work on very tall branches at full extension. The handle has plastic knobs with a clutch to lock the shaft in different extension heights. The blades are SUPER-SHARP and will cut through branches 1 1/4" with ease. The rope handle is useless and I had best results by wrapping the rope around my hand and pulling downward, but you shouldn't have to do that and that can hurt your hand over time with a tree. You can also trip on the extra-long rope and the rope has a nasty habit of getting both under-foot and tangled up in fallen branches.

The saw blade is a work-horse and I think you may use it as much, if not more than the lopper-blade. It has proven to be great to make really fast work of large branches. The chain assembly can get hung up and in the way of branches when you're sawing, but there isn't much you can do about that because tree branches close together will make any cutting mechanism difficult to use; it is not really the fault of the tool as much as it is a learning curve to master doing this sort of work. BE SURE to wear safety glasses and a hard-hat if you are cutting because branches have a nasty habit of falling on you if you are not careful, but can fall on you even when you ARE careful. Use common sense.

The chain assembly and pulley works VERY well and as long as you are cutting properly, there is no binding whatsoever, but you CAN bite off more than you can chew on a branch with the lopper blade and if you do, the lopper blade can get bound and you’ll find yourself having to work to get it loose; this is an issue at extended pole heights.

The saw blade attaches easily. Be sure to attach it to the nut below the lopper and attach the hole of the blade under the nut by the lopper but DON’T remove the nut that is closest to the lopper all the way and make SURE that your fingers are out of the cutting range of the spring-tensioned lopper blade when installing the saw blade. Tighten both nuts down and you’re ready to saw. The attachments are all cast metal and the nuts are metal; no plastic parts to break on you over time; a big plus. If you need to replace the blade, Corona has these blades for around 15 bucks and you should always take into account whether the tree pruner you buy has replacement parts at reasonable prices that are user-serviceable. Corona has both blades, and the pully and chain mechanism assembly all on their website and they offer a warranty. I have a feeling that they will honor the warranty.

The only con I see on this item is in the plastic lock-clutch that you turn to lock the extension of the pole. If you are using the pruner extended, the extension has a bad habit of coming loose as you pull on the rope to cut a branch. That is not really a big deal if you are not through the branch yet; just pull the handle downward and re-tighten the lock clutch. This is the only reason that I’m not giving this item 5 stars.

Bottom line: This item is well worth the purchase, the blades last and can be re-sharpened (sharpening tools are on their website, should you decide to use one). The pulley action and rope is very smooth and if you look at the photos I uploaded, you can see that this is a well-made product. I am very pleased with the purchase and it has made tree branch taming VERY easy. The pole is heavy at full extension, but it is fiberglass and strong. Fiberglass is great because, should you ever come into contact with a power line (again, use common sense), it will save you a shock. I would buy this product again with confidence and recommend it.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
55 helpful votes
56 helpful votes
77 comments|Report abuse
on June 29, 2014
I used this a couple times now and was a good tool for trimming a tree branches that put a shadow over my grape vine. It was light weight for its size and very sharp and strong cutting pruner. Haven't used the saw as of yet. The reason for only four stars was because of the plastic pull handle. It doesn't hold the rope to the length you put the handle on. It has these rivets inside the handle that's suppose to hold the rope when you pull on it, but the rope just slides through the handle. I have to wrap my hand around the rope when I pull.
on October 31, 2014
I established a site in my yard for a new shed and I had some low hanging tree limbs that would hang right over the roof of the shed. The limbs were about 10-12 feet off the ground.

One of the best things I have ever bought! The unit is quality made, NOT a piece of junk.........it cuts tree limbs like you are going through butter. This device made short work of 2" tree limbs from the safety of being on the ground. I love it!!

Al Cascelli-Blairstown, NJ
on May 27, 2014
The cutter manhandles 1" limbs. It's driven by a bicycle chain loop that doesn't jam like a rope loop does. The pole extends fast and clean with a fast locking twist. Mush better than anything I've ever used. Even the pull string has a neat handle that adjusts on the fly to the cord length you want. It's a 5 star tool.
2 helpful votes
on November 18, 2014
It's the best pole trimmer that I have found on the market. Yes it gets heavy when fully extended, but it gets the job done on places when you couldn't reach. I wore out my first one after 12 years of heavy use (don't remember how many many replacement blades I used). The new pole trimmer is every bit the quality as the first one.
on June 16, 2014
This tree pruner is doing very well for my husband's needs. The adjustable pole works very well and is nice and strong. Some people have had a problem with the chain drive, so far it is working very well for him. It is very much worth the money. We have looked at others in this price range and they do not compare in workmanship.
on May 12, 2015
Bought this as a replacement for my sons' neighbor. He had lent us his and due to age it broke and couldn't be fixed. We tried it before giving it to him. Worked like a charm and he was happy to get a new tree clipper. Recommend it.
on February 11, 2016
I have been borrowing a family members tree saw for the last few years. Looked at other brands but from great experience in the past decided to stay with the Corona. Bought from Amazon and have used it already and still impressed. Can't imagine a better one unless you pay for commercial grade and I would say this would still be close.
2 helpful votes
on July 20, 2016
Does a good job on most limbs. The head is not able to get into really tight limbs that are close to the trunk but the saw blade can.