- File Size: 2964 KB
- Print Length: 210 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Castalia House (March 20, 2017)
- Publication Date: March 20, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B06XFQ24QC
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #104,173 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Corrosion (The Corroding Empire Book 1) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
The Bad: It seems like this book was rushed to release. There are quite a few editing mistakes that should have been easily caught before release, and it was very jarring to encounter them repeatedly. With some cleaning up to remove the majority of these errors, this book will really shine. I have no gripes with the author's writing, but the rushed editing was a little sloppy and hard to forgive. That said, I am well aware of the speed with which Castalia House releases novels, and I appreciate that, but I'd love to see them slow down a little bit and give each release a more careful edit.
But don't let the typos scare you off: this is still hands-down a wonderful science fiction novel that should not be missed. It stands head and shoulders above the tripe being marketed as "science fiction" these days.
The story is told as a series of vignettes and snapshots that in their arc loosely sketch out the overall story. The opening is very solid. Later bits vary more, some dragging, some amazing. In all cases the central premise is present and furthered, of what happens to society as the trust and infrastructure that holds it together decays.
Worth a read.
However, the novel is a nicely written response to John Scalzi's Collapsing Empire, an awful story from what I've read of it (Thank you, Half-Price Books), that pays a bit of homage to Asimov. For that, it's worth the asking price.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Galactic Empire
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Galactic Empire
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera