Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating FFII_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 8, 2010, 4:12:29 PM PST
My PS3 has corrupted files on the hard drive. I attempted to restore them, but it didn't work. Games and Blu-rays freeze up. I'm going to restore the system next, but I need to know how to back up all the rock band songs I've downloaded. I tried to copy the save data to my flash drive, but it won't allow me to. Do I just lose the songs? I'm really frustrated. I've never had any problems with my PS3 until now.

Posted on Jan 10, 2010, 7:34:20 AM PST
when u restore the system you will have to redownload all the rock band songs again and you dont have to pay since you already did just go to download history in the store. if the system restore doesnt work which is what happened to me,, then buy a new hard drive. i just got a 320 gig for fifty dollars off amazon! hope this helps.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2010, 8:49:24 AM PST
I bought a new hard drive, but it is still giving me the same problems. Can't read blu-rays properly and games freeze up. It still says my hard drive is corrupted, even though it is a new hard drive. I think I'm going to have to get a new system. What do you think?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2010, 4:53:28 PM PST
Now you have 2 options.. send it to sony to get fixed for 150$ or get a used or refurbished one.. if you get it fixed, which is what i did it takes like 6 weeks..but they sent me a new system instead of fixing it.. that was 2 years ago for me..and no problems since.. wish you the best!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2010, 9:16:58 AM PDT
Jami Rudy says:
Same thing was hapening to me on any disc based game i would TRY and play so i nutted up and cracked her open and took it down to its scibies and blew off every piece i could and GENTLY Q-tipped both laser eyes with head cleaner fluid(from old vcr) i repeat GENTLY and with damp not soakin wet Q-tip quickly cleaned both eyes, bam just like new. I also believe the intercooler I bought is helping with over heating(as well as blowing out the rediculous amount of dust that just coated the inside of my console. I've done same thing to many ps2's for ppl and even though its newer with more stuff the ps3 was amazingly simple to break down and put back together. Hope this helps i figured if i have to get a new system i might as well try what I did first I didnt spend a dime :p
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jan 8, 2010
Latest post:  Jul 4, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

This discussion is about