Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 667 MHz (PC2 5300) Laptop Memory
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

on January 9, 2010
I used Corsair to upgrade my MacBook from 2GB to 4GB. I heard about corsair from the IT specialist at work for having great performance and competitive prices.

When I installed them they worked right away and I noticed right away speed enhancement. Especially in my video and audio editing programs. The playback has never been so smooth.

Highly recommend this to anyone but especially Mac users who are getting confused with "Mac RAM" and are on a budget.
on February 24, 2009
This is a great buy for anyone lagging while using their laptop. I bought this for my wife, who was not using her laptop due to lagging and problems loading.
I must say that I installed and then reset to factory settings.
Reason for this is cause before this product was installed it was taking her computer 15+ minutes to boot(with 1GB of RAM), after product was installed it only took 6.5 minutes. But I knew that it should be faster and I was right.
After factory reset it only recognized 3.3 GB of RAM but that was resolved when I downloaded Vista SP1 (now recognizes all 4 GB of RAM).
Now it only takes 3 minutes 6 seconds to boot from cold start.
Of course everyone will have different results but this is my experience so take it for what its worth...
on May 2, 2009
I ordered this to upgrade my Sony vaio notebook Which had two 512MB chips in it (for a total of 1GB) I got this set to max it out at 4GB (though Vista only can use about 3 and a half of it) It arrived very promptly, it was packaged a bit haphazardly but it didn't pose any danger to the chips. They took two minutes to install and they work! My notebooks 1Gb was bogged with all my applications and now I'm only limited by the power of my processor, programs pop up about 3 times faster than they used to and for about 50$ that's money well spent if you use your cpu for time sensitive work.
on November 22, 2011
No issues. Mac recognized the RAM right away, easy as pie. This is a late 2007 MacBook Pro 15 inch.
on August 18, 2012
Silly me. I have upgraded several PC's knowing that increasing memory helps with the speed of processing and running programs. When I bought a refurbished MacBook Pro laptop (MacBookPro3,1 Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.2 GHz), it worked so well, I never thought about checking the RAM on it. After installing Office 2011, I noticed that simply trying to surf the web would result in delays and the "spinning rainbow ball of death" delaying page loadings, etc. The original configuration of RAM was only 2GB, with 1GB in each of the two memory slots. After researching which DDR and Pin type memory to get for this specific laptop, I bought the Corsair kit and bought the 4 GB upgrade (2GB for each slot). I read that 4GB was the max that this laptop could handle. Install took 5 minutes. Remove the battery, take out 3 small screws, pop out the old chips and slip in the new ones. I've never upgraded memory on a laptop before and it was really easy. It's funny that newer RAM chips are actually cheaper than these older ones, but it was worth the $50 and it solved the slow down problem. I now have double the RAM just in time to hand this laptop off to my daughter for school. The chips shipped the same day I ordered them from NV and actually got them the next day...!!!
on July 11, 2012
Plain and simple, I needed more ram for our older Machintosh computers.

Macbook 13in late 2006
iMac 20in mid 2007

I found out the 2gb sticks fit into both computers! This is exactly we needed!
on December 31, 2013
What a difference this made in my HP laptop. I run Vista on a dual core laptop with a 17" screen. Before I replaced it's 2GB of memory with these 4GB cards my PC ran hot enough that I needed to use a laptop cooler all the time. Boot up times took five minutes before I could do anything with my laptop, application startup times were long, and so was garbage collection after I shut applications down. When my Norton security software started running it would take total control of all resources, freezing up my computer while the disk light blinked away, and making a doorstop out of my computer. So annoying!

Everything changed after I installed the memory. Now my laptop stays cool. I only run the cooler when I'm streaming a movie. Boot up now takes a minute before I can run a program. Applications start quickly and garbage collection is a minor irritation, not a major one. I can use my PC while Norton is running, though it doesn't need to scan every day so I'll scan once a week instead. (Unfortunately I can only stop it from scanning for 24 hours at a time.) It's like night and day.

If you're having similar problems with an older laptop, extend your memory without delay. It's the cheapest thing you can do to make a big improvement in your laptop's performance, and make it run much cooler, which means it will last longer.
on August 17, 2011
Certainly helped my older 24 inch iMac run 10.7 Lion. Going from 2gb to 4gb was like night and day.
on January 15, 2009
I was looking for just 1 2GB stick to take me HP Pavilion DV6885se notebook from 3GB to 4GB. For the price, I figured I might as well get 2 matching sticks.

When the memory arrived, I was pleased with the packaging and instructions...

...unfortunately 1 of the 2 sticks was dead on arrival. As of this writing, I have sent the memory back and am waiting for a refund. I tried both sticks in each of the 2 memory banks, and also used each Corsair stick with each of the 2 OEM (Samsung) sticks that came with the laptop. There is no doubt one of the Corsair sticks just wasn't recognized.

Generally, Corsair has a good reputation. Unfortunately, I got a dud.
on April 2, 2013
Upgraded from 1GB to 4GB. My mini can see all of it which I was surprised at. I am running snow leopard and the system was barely usable. It works well now.

The only con I have was installing it was a pain but that is not the memory's fault.