|RAM||4 GB DDR3|
|Memory Speed||2133 MHz|
Corsair CMT16GX3M4X2133C9 Dominator 16GB DDR3 2133 MHz (PC3-17066) Desktop Memory
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Density: 16GB (4x4GB Module)
- Speed: PC3-17066 (2133MHz)
- Timing: 9-11-10-27
- Type: DDR3 Quad Channel
- XMP: version 1.3
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
EVGA X58 Classified 3XSLI motherboard (Model E760) BIOS 83
Intel Core i7 980X CPU @ 4.2Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 2133Mhz 9-11-10-27 @ 1T Command Rate @ 1.5V O.o
3 x EVGA GTX580 SC cards in 3-way SLI
4 x OCZ Vertex 2 240GB SSDs in RAID 0
Silverstone ST1500 1500 Watt power supply
The pros and cons of this product are as follows:
1) Operates at low latencies which is just incredible given the speed and amount of memory on each stick. The memory operators nominally at 9-11-10-27 @ 1T Command Rate...YES, that's 1T Command Rate which is not listed in the specifications (in my case, only 12GB since the X58 chipset on my motherboard only supports a tri-channel memory setup; the fourth stick is in my computer drawer for now until I upgrade to Intel's Ivy Bridge CPU in April!)
2) Operates at an incredibly low 1.5V (my old Corsair 6GB 2000Mhz DDR3 kit operated at 1.65V)
3) Operates just fine in dual, triple, and quad-channel memory configurations!
1) Cost - yes, other companies also have 2133Mhz DDR3 12GB and 16GB kits, but nothing compares to Corsairs product quality, warranties and customer support!
2) Kit does not include the Airflow Pro LED Indicator ($55 sold separately, and yes Amazon sells it) - luckily I already had one that I bought for my previous Corsair Dominator GT memory kit
3) Not much room left to overclock beyond 2133Mhz, but that's to be expected given the low latencies of the memory
Do yourself a favor and get yourself a set of this memory - you won't be disappointed!
Overall, I LOVE Corsair. They are a fantastic company with some of the most knowledgable tech support I've ever had the privilege to speak with.
Out of the box, these give the impression of being very high quality. The connectors seem topnotch, and the casing, heat fins and so forth are definitely about the best machined parts I've ever seen for this type of product. Certainly, it dresses up any motherboard.
Unfortunately, I forgot to measure how much space I had from the bottom of my motherboard memory slots to the top of my case, and in my particular situation, I just couldn't make the Corsair fit. The rather large on-board heat sinks are just too tall to fit a low-profile HTPC case. Still, I was anxious to get this system running, so I installed the Corsiar anyway and ran the PC without the top of the case on for several days.
I was quite impressed with overall performance. For some reason, my Asus motherboard detected these puppies as 1333Mhz memory (and even at that speed, they performed well), but once I adjusted to rated speeds and timings (2133), it really picked up. By trial and error, I was able to tweak the voltages and timings a few percent further, but clearly these guys are running fast enough there isn't enough headroom to take it much further.
According to most of the memory benchmarks, this is the fastest memory I've ever had. If you're looking for serious maximum performance, you should definitely give these guys a try.
My only gripe is the heat sinks, which seem a bit overkill for the product.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Corsair has always been good to me! These ram chips meet or exceed product specifications and are reliable. Currently I am at 64 gigs all of which are these Ram chips.Published on June 10, 2014 by editorizer
Works great I never have a problem running the memory at 2133 MHz. They stay pretty cool. I have all four side by side on an Asus Rampage IV right next to the CPU. Read morePublished on September 5, 2013 by Anthony
Great memory, fast, fast, fast.
used it about one year in my computer, rampage iv extreme, 2x GTX 580 classified hydro.
I was a little squeamish about paying 250.00 for RAM, however, once again, Corsair always delivers top notch RAM with performance EVERY TIME. Read morePublished on February 5, 2013 by Gannon
Corsair is a great company with great products.
This is the best memory I have every purchased.
I am well pleased with the performance of my PC now.
32 Gb rig, thanks to this 16 gb kit added to the 16 gb I already add overclocked at 2133 MHz and still capable of using 1T command rate stable is outstanding,Published on November 24, 2012 by Patrick A. Baptiste
As far as RAM modules go these are the fastest, and most well built, stable and reliable that I've ever used, my last machine still has the Dominator RAM I eventually doubled and... Read morePublished on August 5, 2012 by Adam