Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 1,999 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,082 reviews
on March 25, 2011
This memory is great for my new MBP 2011, i5 13", also when Mac OS detects 8 Gb of memory, the graphic memory increases up to 512 Mb (from the original 384 Mb w/ the integrated intel hd3000 chip)
88 comments| 172 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 16, 2011
Plugged it in, put the back cover back on, fired it up holding down the D key to run the memory test. Memory test ran OK. Restarted.

"About This Mac" shows "Memory 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3."

Note: After removing 10 screws, the back cover remains retained by two plastic clips near the center. Pry it up gently and it pops off.
22 comments| 139 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 28, 2011
I just purchased a new 2011 base model Mac Mini with 2GB of memory. Instead of paying Apple the $300 they want to upgrade the memory to 8GB I searched Amazon and found this option for one fifth the price. I'm not a "tech guy" but removing the two 1GB cards that came installed in the Mac and replacing them with these two 4GB was easily completed in less than five minutes. Everything is running smoothly with no problems to date.
66 comments| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 30, 2015
I replaced the OEM RAM in my ASUS U32U-ES21 notebook PC (originally specced with 4 GB RAM) with Corsair's 8 GB ValueSelect RAM kit.

Sure, I could have bought a single 4 GB SO-DIMM, but it wouldn't have saved me all that much money, and when possible I like to run matching memory modules in my machines.

I also could have paid one and a half times as much for a different set touting itself as specifically-designed for ASUS' U-series and their ilk, but considering that I paid less than five hundred bucks for the U32U when it was new, Corsair's comfortably-priced ValueSelect option seemed worth a try.

Corsair's packaging was clearly labeled and easy to open. I don't usually comment on packaging in product reviews, but it seems relevant here: the manufacturer's packaging for this upgrade kit is designed so you don't have to wave sharp objects around to extract your new memory modules, nor do you have to worry about getting label adhesive on your fingers and transferring it onto the precious cargo within.

A little round sticker at the top of the box kept it closed; I just ripped that whole part of the box off and went to town. Inside, the memory modules were packaged in a little two-piece plastic shell that came apart easily with finger pressure while still keeping the modules contained until I was ready for them.

The modules themselves are pretty much your standard DDR3 SO-DIMMs: green circuitboard, gold pins, bunch of black chips. They feel nice and rigid, with just enough flex to help get them in and out of their seats. They're definitely pretty durable (they certainly withstood the abuse they took during installation).

I don't particularly love the giant sticker that covers the whole front side of each module, but it doesn't appear to impact performance in any way, so I'm not knocking off a star for that. Maybe if I could knock off a quarter of a star, I would, but that's mostly a matter of taste. For all I know, it might actually serve some purpose (maybe it's glued on with cooling paste, or something?).

Installation was a pain in the neck, but that's not Corsair's fault -- it's a function of the way the clamps that hold the modules are arranged in my particular machine. Your installation experience will vary based on the design of your particular computer. If one or more of the modules is seated incorrectly, of course, the machine won't boot, leaving you to pop the cover back off and fiddle with it some more. Once the modules were properly seated (after much grumbling, dramatic sighing, and gnashing of teeth), my previously-wheezy old notebook booted right up.

I expected a performance boost, but was actually really surprised by exactly how significant a boost I got.

The U32U-ES21 was never intended to be a high-powered machine, but it's much, much quicker and more fun to use now. MS Office applications pop right up; Chrome runs like ... well, if not a cheetah, at very least a pretty fast pony; even a concurrent session of Photoshop, Pidgin, and a handful of Chrome windows flows along swimmingly.

I guess I'll have to find a new window in my day for making a cup of tea; I no longer even remotely have time to do it while Photoshop launches. Meanwhile, Sims 2 and Sims 3 are significantly less slow, if not exactly blazing fast.

In short, and perhaps rather obviously, dropping in 8 gigs of shiny new RAM won't turn your lazy old work mule of an notebook into a blazing gaming hoss. It can make you feel like you've got a whole new, much-peppier mule, at any rate -- and, in my case, I got a much peppier new mule than I was expecting, which is really quite nice.

For about fifty bucks (at the time of purchase) with fast Prime shipping, I'm very happy with it.

Full disclosure: one of my first "real" jobs was working in ASUS' tech support center; Corsair was one of the brands of RAM we routinely recommended for its reliability based on our experiences kludging together various motherboards and so forth that we got to build up in-house so we'd know what our callers were facing. That certainly influenced my purchasing decision. However, I have long since wandered away from the hardware-support world (though I do still do some tech-oriented work), and I paid Amazon's full price for this upgrade kit.
on April 20, 2012
Hi guys, this is just a quick review to help us owners of the Dell Inspiron 17R (N7010) laptop that are looking to upgrade your memory. I recently wanted to upgrade the memory in my laptop and was having a hard time finding out which memory would work for me, after lots of research I decided on the Corsair 8GB (2x 4GB) 1333mhz PC3-10666 204-pin DDR3 SODIMM Laptop Memory Kit CMSO8GX3M2A1333C9 because of Corsair's great reputation when it comes to computer memory.

The Dell Inspiron 17R (N7010) laptop running Windows 7 64-bit can support up to eight gigs of RAM so I wanted to install all 8 gigs into my laptop to maximize its potential. After receiving the memory kit and installing it into my laptop, my laptop recognized the new memory instantly and displayed all 8 gigs of RAM. The entire upgrade took about tree minutes and was worth every penny spent.

I also upgraded the memory in my wife's Dell Studio 1535 laptop with Corsair Memory VS4GSDSKIT800D2 4 GB Kit (2x2GB) PC2-6400 800Mhz 200-pin DDR2 SODIMM Dual Channel Laptop Memory which also performed flawlessly, if you're looking to upgrade the memory in your Dell Inspiron 17R laptop , you can definitely feel secure in purchasing these products.

Dell Inspiron 17R (N7010) maximum supported memory upgrade is Corsair 8GB (2x 4GB) 1333mhz PC3-10666 204-pin DDR3 SODIMM Laptop Memory Kit CMSO8GX3M2A1333C9.

Dell Studio 1535 maximum supported memory upgrade is Corsair Memory VS4GSDSKIT800D2 4 GB Kit (2x2GB) PC2-6400 800Mhz 200-pin DDR2 SODIMM Dual Channel Laptop Memory.

I hope this is a help to someone :-)
on August 11, 2011
I saw this item on Amazon while shopping for a Mac Mini -- 'frequently purchased together' kind of thing... I've never performed 'computer surgery' before, so I was hesitant. But, I read the reviews and decided to take a chance. I would have paid an additional $400 for this much memory in my Mini from Apple.

Everything arrived on schedule, in protective packaging... and the installation on my Mac Mini (mid 2011) was really simple. Yes, you do have to be careful when removing and inserting these things -- trying not to damage the micro-electronics, and making sure the contacts are fully seated when you insert the chip. But really it was not difficult, and no tools were needed -- just fingers. The manual that comes with the Mini explains how to do it, step by step (page 41).

I popped out the 1GB chips, popped in the 4GB chips, replaced the cover and started it up. No problems. It's been about a week now, and everything has worked great.

BTW I love my new Mini.
on April 24, 2012
Works perfectly with my Asus laptop - expanded my RAM from the pre-installed 6GB to 14GB for a bit over $40 - which amazes me since 15 years ago or so I worked for a company that sold SIMM modules to computer manufacturers and the wholesale price was $10 per MB - so what cost me $40 a few weeks ago would have cost about $80,000 wholesale not that long ago. (guess it depends on your age) LOL...for me 15 years ago seems recent. For my son I'm sure it seems like the days of dinosaurs.

The packaging of the Corsair modules was incredibly sturdy - which was reassuring to see when I opened the outer package which was just a padded envelope (which made me a bit nervous) - but the inner packing was rock-solid and virtually "bombproof". The product works great and the computer now just screams!
on July 12, 2012
I've had Corsair RAM before, so I didn't feel as if I was really 'taking a chance' with this less expensive memory. I've had it for about three months now in my late 2011 MacBook Pro and it's working flawlessly. With all of the RAM-hungry apps that I use, I find that I really only max it out at about 13GBs but I'm glad that I have the 3GBs left over just in case.

I could have gone with more expensive Crucial or OWC RAM, but, after buying Crucial SSDs from Amazon, I was down to my last $100 that I had allotted for memory. It's inexpensive but it's Corsair and I bought it on the name brand and it has more than satisfied my needs.
on May 17, 2011
I had no issues at all using it with my new iMac 27" (mid 2011). I have a lot of graphic programs open and it runs very smooth. I use photoshop CS5, flash CS5 and aperture mostly. Installation took less that 5 minutes.
on August 11, 2011
Overall, I got exactly what I ordered and they work exactly as they should. They have been running for three weeks without issue and have perform flawlessly. My only "issues", slight as they were, was getting them out of packaging and fit.

Specifically, once the package was cut open, I came too close to breaking the broads to extract them from the package itself. Ended up using screwdrivers to crush the packaging at the ends of the broads to be able to remove them.

The second "issue" was the high tolerance of fit into the sockets themselves. You had to insert them exactly right because there was zero play between the boards and slots. The good news is, if I ever drop the laptop, I know the memory boards will never slip within their sockets.