|Item model number||CMFVYGTX3B-128GB|
|Operating System||PC; Mac|
|Item Weight||1.6 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||3.1 x 1 x 0.4 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||3.1 x 1 x 0.4 inches|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Corsair Flash Voyager GTX 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive
Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Powered by an SSD controller
- Amazing performance
- Consistent performance
- Premium design
- USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 compatible
- Universal operating system compatibility
- 5 years warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Manufacturer
SSD performance. Now in convenient travel size.
Most USB drives are fast. ..until it’s time to copy a large file and you’re looking at a progress bar that lingers around too long. The solution? Integrate an SSD controller and SSD-grade NAND memory into a drive. Flash Voyager GTX gives you transfer speed that rivals your PC’s solid-state drive. Go ahead and copy those huge files, and spend less quality time with the progress bar.
A gigabyte in three seconds
USB drives were conceived in a world where shuttling office documents back and forth was all you needed. But that’s not good enough anymore. Today, you need to move large images, huge videos, and enormous music collections. You need the capacity to hold them, and more importantly, you shouldn’t have to wait.
Flash Voyager GTX clocks in at up to 450 MB / second reads, and writes at up to 360 MB per second. That’s twice the speed of other high-performance USB keys. The future of portable storage performance is finally here.
USB 3.0 speed and USB 2.0 compatibility
PCs and notebooks with USB 3.0 ports offer transfer speed that’s dramatically faster than USB 2.0, but not everybody’s there yet. The GTX takes advantage of the faster USB 3.0 interface, while providing full USB 2.0 support.
Premium performance meets premium design
Your files are protected by a sleek zinc alloy housing with aluminum accents. The integrated loop attaches to most key rings, so it’s easy to take with you – and you’ll probably want to show it off.
Works with virtually any system
It’s compatible with Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. No drivers are necessary… just plug it in. In short, if your desktop or notebook has a USB 3.0 or 2.0 port, it’s compatible with the GTX.
- Max Sequential Read (ATTO): Up to 450MB/s
- Max Sequential Write (ATTO): Up to 350MB/s
- Max Sequential Read (CDM): Up to 430MB/s
- Max Sequential Read (CDM): Up to 190MB/s
- Note: Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. The actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products.
Compare to similar items
This item Corsair Flash Voyager GTX 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Hardware Connectivity||USB 3.0||USB 3.0, USB 3.0, USB 3.0||USB 3.0, USB 3.0, USB 3.0||USB, USB 2.0, USB 3.0|
|Item Dimensions||1 x 3.1 x 0.4 in||0.84 x 0.45 x 2.79 in||0.84 x 2.79 x 0.45 in||0.42 x 1.04 x 3.07 in|
|Item Weight||1.6 ounces||0.64 ounces||0.64 ounces||1.82 ounces|
|Memory Storage Capacity||128 GB||64 GB||128 GB||64 GB|
Most USB drives are fast. until it's time to copy a large file and you're looking at a progress bar that lingers around too long. The solution? Integrate an SSD controller into a drive. Flash Voyager GTX gives you transfer speed that rivals your PC's solid-state drive. And, unlike some devices, Flash Voyager GTX delivers amazingly fast performance with large files, small files, and everything in between. It works with USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports on Windows, OS X and Linux systems, with no driver installation necessary. And, all this technology is contained in a premium zinc alloy body with aluminum accents and an integrated keyring.
Customer Service / Tech support: 1-888-222-4346 opt. 1
Top Customer Reviews
Then I realized it was connected to a USB 2.0 port.
Connected to a USB 3.0 port (I'll connect it to a 3.1 later to test if it's any different):
10GB of 32K blocks = 390 MB/s
10GB of 256K blocks = 395 MB/s
10GB of 1M blocks = 385 MB/s
10GB read = 461 MB/s
(all block sizes resulted in ~461 MB/s)
... You can basically stop reading here if you don't care about the detailed stuff. tl;dr I think the drive is good (though I wish the cap had a lanyard hole) and you should probably buy one if you want to run an OS off it or something.
Testing was done using dd in Linux. Writes were done with the fdatasync option to ensure the data wasn't sitting in the write buffer when done, and reads were preceded with dropping disk cache from RAM to ensure no read cache was being seen.
So. This is a very fast USB drive. I also like how it exposes SMART statistics to the OS. It does seem to have an actual SSD controller on there, since hdparm in Linux shows all the features it does/doesn't support. It's also correctly detected as an SSD in the OSes I tested (Windows, Linux), which should mean it would support TRIM, and hdparm does list TRIM as supported. (Linux assumes all USB no-controller media are rotational... but I suppose it can check with the controller on this one.) Mounting filesystems with special treatment for SSDs (btrfs for example) correctly uses the mount options to take advantage of that automatically, so that's nice.
My only complaint is the lack of some method of attaching the cap to a keychain. The cap has significant unused portions on the left and right sides of where the USB connector rests... if you have a drill and some spare time, it'd be easy to just add a hole. According to the box, the metal is zinc, so it should resist corrosion if you drill through it. The cap does fit VERY tight though. I assume eventually it will 'loosen' but there's basically no chance of it coming off accidentally when you first get it.
While the cap is annoying in that it lacks a lanyard hole, I can't find myself giving this drive less than 5 stars just because of that. The speed is just too good.
I needed something portable, fast and pocket sized USB drive to carry around and work on large files. This one fit the bill. In real world, this drive delivers a fast USB 3.0 experience.
Here are some observations for this drive:
1) On my mac pro 2013 (cylinder edition) usb 3 port, it reached 140MB read an 128MB write on a 1GB test file. This is near identical to an SSD drive sitting in an enclosure.
2) On usb 2.0 it was as fast as any flash drive with a faster write.
3) This drive has excellent build quality, reminds me of my ironkey quality. Its weight and build gives a feeling of quality.
4) The drive gets warm but not hot.
6) Drive supports standard SSD trim from Corsair's toolbox for keeping optimized performance which is great.
7) SMART status for failure detection is great.
8) 5 year warranty for peace of mind.
For this price, I believe there are some key items missing.
1) Drive should be waterproof.
2) Drive should come with hardware encryption, its 2015 and cheaper large capacity drives have this feature.
3) The metal body does scuff easy and the corsair logo dents. I got mine from the package with a dent.
4) Wish the key ring holder/hole was a bit thicker, I am afraid a metal split ring will cause the metal to wear the soft slot bridge and eventually causing the drive to fall off.
5) A usb 3.0 extension cable should be included so, customers have the option to use it in narrow/difficult places.
6) I wish the cap had a mechanism to be attached to the drive when the drive is in use. Hate to lose such a quality piece.