Corsair Force GT 240 GB SATA III/6G SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive
|Price:||$203.45 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item.
- Transfer files from existing hard drive to new customer-supplied hard drive
- Removal of existing hard drive from computer and installation of new hard drive
- Validate successful data transfer
- Sequential read speeds of up to 555 MB/s
- Sequential write speeds of up to 525 MB/s
- SATA 3 connectivity- Works seamlessly with SATA 6Gb/s (SATA 3) systems
- Backward compatible-Works with SATA 3Gb/s (SATA 2) systems
- High performance SandForce SF-2200 SSD controller
- Included 2.5" to 3.5" bracket for installation on your desktop computer
- Significantly lower power usage than traditional hard drives for increased notebook battery life
- Silent operation-No moving parts means zero noise and high reliability
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Brand Name: Corsair
- Model Number: CSSD-F240GBGT-BK
- Disk Size: 240 GB
- Manufacturer Warranty Description: Three years
- Form Factor: 2.5-Inch
Compare to Similar Items
This item Corsair Force GT 240 GB SATA III/6G SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive
Corsair Force LS Series 240 GB 2.5-Inch SSD B00V5LZ1NY
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Data Transfer Rate||6||6||6 Gb per second||6 Gb per second|
|Device Type||Solid State Drive||Solid State Drives||Solid State Drives||Solid State Drives|
|Flash Memory Installed Size||240||250||240||240|
|Hard-Drive Size||240 GB||250 GB||240 GB||240 GB|
|Hard Disk Form Factor||2.5 in||2.5 in||2.5 in||2.5 in|
|Hardware Connectivity||SATA 3.0 Gb/s||SATA 3.0 Gb/s||SATA 6.0 Gb/s||SATA 6.0 Gb/s|
|Item Dimensions||1.18 x 5.38 x 4.38 in||2.75 x 3.94 x 0.27 in||2.8 x 3.9 x 0.3 in||0.27 x 3.93 x 2.75 in|
|Item Weight||4 ounces||2.33 ounces||3.2 ounces||1.76 ounces|
|Memory Storage Capacity||240||Information not provided||240 GB||240 GB|
|Optical Storage Read Speed||555||540||560 MB/s||560 MB/s|
|Optical Storage Write Speed||525||520||535 MB/s||530 MB/s|
|Size||240 GB||250 GB||240 GB||Information not provided|
Customer Service / Tech support: 1-888-222-4346 opt. 1
From the Manufacturer
Want the fastest SSDs that Corsair makes? Choose Force Series GT.
Built for speed.
You probably already know that solid-state drives are fast. With up to 85,000 IOPS and read speeds of up to 555Mb/s, Force Series GT is on another level. Whether you're building the ultimate gaming PC, a monster of a video or photo editing workstation, or you simply crave serious solid state storage performance, this is the SSD you want.
All the impressive performance numbers translate to this: disk operations up to four times faster than the fastest mechanical hard drives. Starting up your PC, launching applications, loading and saving large files and documents, and just about everything else you do with your PC is faster when you remove the bottleneck of old-fashioned hard drives.
The Force Series GT is particularly adept at moving compressed data. You'll appreciate this real-world benefit if you work with music, movie and graphics files.
Compatible with SATA 2 3Gb/s.
Haven't yet moved to SATA 3? Like all Corsair components, Force Series GT SSDs are designed to last through several system upgrades. Adding a Force Series GT today means that you'll still get incredible storage performance now, and you'll tap into its full performance potential with your next upgrade.
Corsair SSDs: Designed for Performance and Durability
Force Series GT SSDs feature support for the Windows® 7 TRIM command. This allows them to store only the data they need and perform memory optimization to ensure the fastest possible write speeds.
Because SSDs have no moving parts, they can handle shock, vibration and temperature changes far in excess of mechanical hard drives. That's important for desktop PCs, and essential for notebooks.
Cool and Quiet, with Low Power Consumption
Traditional mechanical hard drives spin at thousands of revolutions per minute. This takes power, and generates noise and heat. Since SSDs have no moving parts, there's no noise or vibration, and the lower power consumption helps keep things cool inside your PC.
The 2.5" form factor allows for installation in most notebook PCs with no adapter required. If you're adding a Force Series GT SSD to your desktop PC, use the included 3.5" adapter to mount it in any standard hard drive bay.
Contents and Specifications
- Force Series GT solid-state drive
- 3.5" adapter for desktop PCs
- Interface: SATA 3 6Gb/s
- Operating temperature: 0° C to +70° C
- Storage temperature: -20° C to +85° C
- Operating Humidity: 10% to 90% RH (0° to +40° C)
- Maximum Operating Altitude: 3,048 m (up to 10,000 ft.)
- Maximum Non-Operative Altitude: 12,192 m (up to 40,000 ft.)
- SATA 3 6Gb/s
- Backward compatible with SATA II and SATA I
- Microsoft® Windows® 7, Vista®, and XP; Macintosh OS X; Linux
- 2.5" or 3.5" hard drive bay
Top Customer Reviews
1) Install your new SSD to an open SATA port (SATA 6Gb/s if you have it) on your computer first (before doing anything else) UPDATE the firmware. Corsair's firmware is in their forums, but this has to be done before doing a clean OS install.
2) Reboot into your BIOS and ENABLE AHCI under your SATA options (typically it's set to IDE)... this HAS to be done or else you'll see errors like others have mentioned.
3) Secure Erase the SSD
4) Install a clean version of Windows 7 (& ensure TRIM and AHCI are enabled in the registry)
After install I experienced 556 MB/s read and 493 MB/s write. It's just as fast as the OCZ Vertex 3 IMHO. This drive will not disappoint. MTBF of 2,000,000 hours and 3-year warranty to boot.
---IMPORTANT--- (added 1-21-2012): Before going any further, I just want to quickly share with you all a little bit of information. As you may or may not know, Corsair makes a sister-product line, the "Force 3" series. The Force 3 series uses asynchronous flash and the Force GT series uses synchronous flash. The Force GT (120GB version) also costs about $10 more than the Force 3 (120 GB version). This is me telling you to pay the extra and buy this product (the Force GT) and NOT the Force 3.Read more ›
- Crucial m4: Not so reliable after the recent BSOD issue, more expensive.
- Samsung 830: Similar performance, reliable but more expensive.
- Ocz Vertex 3 MIOPS: Stellar performance, unsure of reliability.
- Ocz Octane: Slower performance for 120G unit, 512GB too expensive.
- Intel 510: Solid reliability, but slower and way more expensive.
- Adata s511: Similar to Vertex3 but more expensive.
So after considering all this units I came to the conclusion that the best 120GB unit as of right now was the SandForce based Corsair Force GT for $174.99, I was a little concerned about the BSOD issues, but with the firmware v1.3.3 every thing is resolved now. A couple of months ago I got a new DELL E6520 laptop at work which came with a good 320GB WD Caviar Black, but I wanted to experience the speed that SSDs offer, and I got to tell you wow! what a mayor difference this new technology makes! my win7 boot time went from 1min 30sec down to 30sec... I was desperate to test this baby so I used Acronis True Image Home 2012 (which I got to make image backups of my WD drive) to clone my HDD, it only took 8min to clone my 30GB full system to the Force GT.
It's been a week now since I cloned my drive and I just love the performance this SSD has to offer, I now keep my WD as a second drive for all other data with Shared eSATA Cable for 2.5" SATA Laptop Hard Drive.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
i have the 240gb one and the speed is good enough for daily use and i love it. but im giving only 4 stars due to the price !! Read morePublished 1 month ago by Abbas Ahmed
I've been using this drive for a few years now without a hiccup. I finally upgraded to a 500GB because with 120GB I was constantly short on space. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Dan Johnson
very fast, I had to buy 2 more for other games and operating system, Highly recommendPublished 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
The first one died 1 month before the warranty end, then I send it to carsair and they send me a new one or refurbished and this died after a few months. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Eder