Corsair 480 GB Force Series GT SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive - CSSD-F480GBGT-BK
|Price:||$399.00 + $7.27 shipping|
- High performance SandForce SF-2200 SSD controller
- Sequential read speeds of up to 545 MB/s
- Sequential write speeds of up to 490 MB/s
- Works seamlessly with SATA 6Gb/s SATA III systems
- Backward compatible-Works with SATA 3Gb/s SATA II systems
- Included 2.5" to 3.5" bracket for installation on your desktop computer
- BGC (Background Garbage Collection)
- Three Year Warranty
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Corsair 480 GB Force Series GT SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive - CSSD-F480GBGT-BK
|Shipping||$7.27||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Sab Computer||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Hard Disk Size||480 GB||500 GB||480 GB||1 TB|
|Data Transfer Rate||6 Gigabits Per Second||6||6||6|
|Hardware Interface||sata 3 0 gb||sata 3 0 gb||sata 3 0 gb||sata 3 0 gb|
|Optical Storage Read Speed||555 MB/s||540||550||550|
|Optical Storage Write Speed||525 MB/s||520||500||520|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
Want the fastest SSDs that Corsair makes? Choose Force Series GT.
Built for speed.
You probably already know that solid-state drives are fast. With up to 85,000 IOPS and read speeds of up to 555Mb/s, Force Series GT is on another level. Whether you're building the ultimate gaming PC, a monster of a video or photo editing workstation, or you simply crave serious solid state storage performance, this is the SSD you want.
All the impressive performance numbers translate to this: disk operations up to four times faster than the fastest mechanical hard drives. Starting up your PC, launching applications, loading and saving large files and documents, and just about everything else you do with your PC is faster when you remove the bottleneck of old-fashioned hard drives.
The Force Series GT is particularly adept at moving compressed data. You'll appreciate this real-world benefit if you work with music, movie and graphics files.
Compatible with SATA 2 3Gb/s.
Haven't yet moved to SATA 3? Like all Corsair components, Force Series GT SSDs are designed to last through several system upgrades. Adding a Force Series GT today means that you'll still get incredible storage performance now, and you'll tap into its full performance potential with your next upgrade.
Corsair SSDs: Designed for Performance and Durability
Force Series GT SSDs feature support for the Windows® 7 TRIM command. This allows them to store only the data they need and perform memory optimization to ensure the fastest possible write speeds.
Because SSDs have no moving parts, they can handle shock, vibration and temperature changes far in excess of mechanical hard drives. That's important for desktop PCs, and essential for notebooks.
Cool and Quiet, with Low Power Consumption
Traditional mechanical hard drives spin at thousands of revolutions per minute. This takes power, and generates noise and heat. Since SSDs have no moving parts, there's no noise or vibration, and the lower power consumption helps keep things cool inside your PC.
The 2.5" form factor allows for installation in most notebook PCs with no adapter required. If you're adding a Force Series GT SSD to your desktop PC, use the included 3.5" adapter to mount it in any standard hard drive bay.
Contents and Specifications
- Force Series GT solid-state drive
- 3.5" adapter for desktop PCs
- Interface: SATA 3 6Gb/s
- Operating temperature: 0° C to +70° C
- Storage temperature: -20° C to +85° C
- Operating Humidity: 10% to 90% RH (0° to +40° C)
- Maximum Operating Altitude: 3,048 m (up to 10,000 ft.)
- Maximum Non-Operative Altitude: 12,192 m (up to 40,000 ft.)
- SATA 3 6Gb/s
- Backward compatible with SATA II and SATA I
- Microsoft® Windows® 7, Vista®, and XP; Macintosh OS X; Linux
- 2.5" or 3.5" hard drive bay
Top Customer Reviews
1) Install your new SSD to an open SATA port (SATA 6Gb/s if you have it) on your computer first (before doing anything else) UPDATE the firmware. Corsair's firmware is in their forums, but this has to be done before doing a clean OS install.
2) Reboot into your BIOS and ENABLE AHCI under your SATA options (typically it's set to IDE)... this HAS to be done or else you'll see errors like others have mentioned.
3) Secure Erase the SSD
4) Install a clean version of Windows 7 (& ensure TRIM and AHCI are enabled in the registry)
After install I experienced 556 MB/s read and 493 MB/s write. It's just as fast as the OCZ Vertex 3 IMHO. This drive will not disappoint. MTBF of 2,000,000 hours and 3-year warranty to boot.
---IMPORTANT--- (added 1-21-2012): Before going any further, I just want to quickly share with you all a little bit of information. As you may or may not know, Corsair makes a sister-product line, the "Force 3" series. The Force 3 series uses asynchronous flash and the Force GT series uses synchronous flash. The Force GT (120GB version) also costs about $10 more than the Force 3 (120 GB version). This is me telling you to pay the extra and buy this product (the Force GT) and NOT the Force 3.Read more ›
- Crucial m4: Not so reliable after the recent BSOD issue, more expensive.
- Samsung 830: Similar performance, reliable but more expensive.
- Ocz Vertex 3 MIOPS: Stellar performance, unsure of reliability.
- Ocz Octane: Slower performance for 120G unit, 512GB too expensive.
- Intel 510: Solid reliability, but slower and way more expensive.
- Adata s511: Similar to Vertex3 but more expensive.
So after considering all this units I came to the conclusion that the best 120GB unit as of right now was the SandForce based Corsair Force GT for $174.99, I was a little concerned about the BSOD issues, but with the firmware v1.3.3 every thing is resolved now. A couple of months ago I got a new DELL E6520 laptop at work which came with a good 320GB WD Caviar Black, but I wanted to experience the speed that SSDs offer, and I got to tell you wow! what a mayor difference this new technology makes! my win7 boot time went from 1min 30sec down to 30sec... I was desperate to test this baby so I used Acronis True Image Home 2012 (which I got to make image backups of my WD drive) to clone my HDD, it only took 8min to clone my 30GB full system to the Force GT.
It's been a week now since I cloned my drive and I just love the performance this SSD has to offer, I now keep my WD as a second drive for all other data with Shared eSATA Cable for 2.5" SATA Laptop Hard Drive.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've been using this drive for a few years now without a hiccup. I finally upgraded to a 500GB because with 120GB I was constantly short on space. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Dan Johnson
very fast, I had to buy 2 more for other games and operating system, Highly recommendPublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
The first one died 1 month before the warranty end, then I send it to carsair and they send me a new one or refurbished and this died after a few months. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Eder
second drive that has crashed. Solid state just doesn't last like traditional drives.Published 6 months ago by Brian Martinez
A good SSD, performs very well. For about 4 years I have used this as my primary drive for the OS and misc accompanying programs coupled with large traditional HD's for lightning... Read morePublished 7 months ago by Keogh