- Brand Name: Corsair
- Model Number: CMPSU-650HX
Corsair Professional Series 650-Watt 80 Plus Certified Power Supply compatible with and Platforms - CMPSU-650HX
- Over Current/Voltage/Power Protection, Under Voltage Protection, and Short Circuit Protection provide maximum safety for your critical system components
- 105 Degree C rated industrial grade capacitors provide uncompromised performance and reliability, delivering 4 times the lifespan of conventional 85 Degree C rated capacitors
- Double forward switching circuitry design offers high efficiency, up to 85% under typical load range
- Active Power Factor Correction with PF value up to 0.99 provides clean and reliable power to your system
- Universal AC input 90~264V automatically scans and detects the correct voltage
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The modular cables are stored in a velcro bag (two standard molex power cables, two sata power cables, and four 4-pin PCI-E adapters!!), the PSU comes wrapped in a velvet satchel, the packaging is over sized, and it's all heavily padded. In the end, Corsair did not cut any corners whatsoever in making this PSU. What you pay a little extra for in price is obvious when looking at and using this item. I highly, highly recommend it.
Some products claim to be professional grade and usually disappoint - this one certainly is pro-grade - just look at the ambient temperature test specs. They are tested at full load at 50C/122F ambient! The unit comes with a 7 year warranty and is spec'd at 100,000 hours Mean Time Between Failure. I love its modular cable design (only uses what you need), its efficiency and performance. This PSU solved the problem with common UPS's not working with my Dell XPS Studio 435T/9000 and I was amazed to see that steady state power consumption went down some 35% compared to the old PSU - due, no doubt, to its nearly 90% efficiency. It's dead quiet because the fan only comes on when it needs to (I'm running at about 40% of total load, so it only seems to come on about 5% of the time, if that). This is a super nice feature when you're in a quiet office environment. I think my monitor makes more noise than this thing! :-) Bottom line - these new power supplies only consume what they need to, so don't worry about an energy pig just because it's rated at 850W. Only advice I'd give there is these operate at maximum efficiency when they are running at about a 50% load, according to Corsair's efficiency curves.
Packaging (product and shipping) was perfect. The modular cable system means that you'll be getting a total of 34 cable/connector assemblies (SATA, IDE, PCI-e, ATX/Motherboard data and power, and floppy/Molex).Read more ›
This is a modular unit (cables are separate from PSU) except the 24Pin Mobo Power Connector and the 8Pin Power connector are permanently attached. Modular is the ONLY way to go. You use ONLY what you actually need. No unnecessary cables cluttering up space and reducing airflow. Cable management was a snap in my HAF X case.
1) These cables and PSU are a class act, for sure. All modular, heavy duty, well designed and made, solid latched connectors to the PSU, color coding for the PCIe cables (**Important) plus the all black cabeling looks great inside my black interior case with a window side panel. Incidential on color -- but a nice plus.
2) I won't review all the cables included. You can read that on the Corsair website, but there are more than anyone should need for this unit, even including old style floppy drive connectors.
3) The modular PCIe 6+2 pin peripheral cables accommodate both 6PIN and 8PIN graphics card connections. Just pull the 2 pin off the 6+2 pin and tie back the short 2 pin on the 6+2 if you have 6 pin cards and do not use the 2 pin for anything else. Do NOT confuse these "modular" 6+2 pin PCIe cables with the single "non-modular" 8PIN mobo power connector. Just a caution if your new to this. No Frying of Mobos allowed. Corsair color coded the PCIe connectors on the PSU end BLUE and also coded the PCIe slots on the PSU BLUE -- so avoiding this potential mistake if your new should be easy. Just an FYI from a newbie to any other newbie.
4) When comparing this Corsair 850W to the 750W: I purchased the 850W instead of the 750W. Was on the cusp of either.Read more ›
Be aware of Amazon's shipping for this item, I received this product in a box 3x the size of the package, with nothing stopping the package from moving N/S/E/W, the only thing in the box was loose(yes loose) air bagging on top of it. 1 Star for Amazon's shipping.
I pay for Amazon Prime and I have never seen such poor shipping, of all the times though, it is on one of the most expensive items I have purchased here, very unsatisfied.
The ONLY reason the product was not damaged was because of Corsair's fantastic packing job. The PSU is inside a plastic bag, followed by a cloth tie up bag, in cased in 2 very sturdy sheets of foam. The other end of the box is stuffed(nothing moves in this package) with a re-usable and very handy bag for your cables. All in all Corsair did a magnificent job on the product, and the packaging of it. Amazon, however, failed to ship this properly, but thankfully Corsair did their part to secure it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Five years later and still working! Is always so silent that i forgot that i have even bought it!
What a great purchase!
Love it, got this in fast used it on my first build works great, came with all the cablesPublished 2 months ago by Rick
Fantastic power supply and even better support from Corsair. Have 3 and they're installed on all 3 of my family's computers. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Chief
Works flawlessly. Quite and cool. Enough for what I need. I was very happy with the packaging and the many extra cords.Published 5 months ago by Eric Jab