|Item model number||CH-9000088-NA|
|Item Weight||3 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||17.6 x 6.7 x 1.6 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||17.6 x 6.7 x 1.6 inches|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Corsair STRAFE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Red LED, Cherry MX Red
|Price:||$95.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$4.99 (5%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 100% Cherry MX key switches - Gold contact Cherry MX mechanical gaming keys deliver the ultimate competitive advantage
- Dynamic backlighting - Brilliant RED backlighting enhances the experience with virtually unlimited lighting adjustability
- Fully programmable - Reassign any key or set up the most extreme macros for effortless gaming
- USB Pass-Through Port - Positioned for uninterrupted game play and ready for your mouse, wireless headset adapter, or your phone
- FPS/MOBA keycap sets - Textured and contoured keycaps enable maximum grip and enhanced feel
- Gaming Grade Circuitry - 100% anti-ghosting with 104 key rollover on USB ensure no matter how fast your play, all your keys register
- Easy-access multimedia controls - Efficiently adjust volume on the fly
- Two year warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Engineered for Performance
After 20 years of pushing the limits of innovation, Corsair Gaming takes the power of Cherry MX German engineering one step further.
Cherry MX Red Key Switches
Used by the pros and built in Germany. Cherry MX gaming keys feature the worlds leading mechanical key switch technology. Gold-Crosspoint contacts, Gold-plated contact closure, and pressure resistant metal alloy springs, give every gamer the competitive advantage.
Brilliant Red backlighting enhances the experience with virtually unlimited lighting adjustability. Choose from six unique presets or craft your own.
The Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) unlocks amazing keyboard programmability. Reassign any key or set up the most extreme macros for outrageous gaming control.
Positioned for uninterrupted game play, the built in USB pass-through provides easy connection for your mouse, USB drive, or wireless headset adapter.
Comfort and Control
Textured and contoured keycaps allow for maximum grip and enhanced feel. Personalize your experience by selecting between FPS and MOBA kits.
Gaming Grade Circuitry
100% anti-ghosting with 104 key rollover on USB ensure no matter how fast your play, all your keys register.
Audio On The Fly
Enhanced easy-access multimedia keys efficiently allow for on the fly audio changes while gaming. And when you’re not gaming, you can effortlessly play, pause, and skip audio tracks.
After 20 years of pushing the limits of innovation, Corsair Gaming takes the power of Cherry MX German engineering one step further. With the simple goal of delivering pro-proven mechanical performance paired with outrageous customization options, Strafe will enable your skills to reach their full potential. Brilliant backlighting is enhanced with virtually unlimited dynamic lighting configurations - craft your own, or choose from six unique presets. And, gold contact Cherry MX mechanical keys deliver the ultimate competitive advantage. Rated for an industry-leading 50 million key presses, they guarantee a lifetime of consistent, comfortable response. Customer Service / Tech support: 1-888-222-4346 opt. 1
Top Customer Reviews
Comparison Vid: [...]
I was sick and tired of the Razer knock off clicky switches. It was nice for a couple months, but now it is quite irritating and unsatisfying to type on. Therefore I decided to get the Corsair Strafe RGB with MX Brown switches.
Personally I like this design better than the Blackwidow. The Blackwidow seems to have a matte fingerprint/oil attracted finish to it. This keyboard however has a clean sleek design that trumps that Blackwidow. The finish on this keyboard seems to be fingerprint resistant and doesn't seem to stain as easy as the Blackwidow. ALSO IT COMES WITH THE OG CORSAIR SAILS LOGO (THANK YOU CORSAIR) not the new "Corsair Gaming" logo that everybody hated.
I have never owned a Cherry MX Keyboard until now and IT IS AMAZING TO TYPE ON. This keyboard has the option of MX Browns, Reds, or Corsairs "Silent Switches." I decided to get Browns because its halfway between a Red(Silent) and Blue (Clicky) switch, basically the best of both worlds. Browns are not as loud as blues, they're nearly the same as Reds actually. It's just that Brown switches have a more tactile feedback feel when you type on them compared to Reds. The keycaps themselves on the other hand are similar in feel and look to the Razer keycaps. BUT Corsair includes a set of FPS and MOBA keycaps ALONG WITH a keycap puller so you can customize it to your needs. Props to Corsair for that.
The casing for the keycaps are clear so you get the maximum shine of color from the switches. Every switch has their own RGB LED that is customize able to what game you're gonna play. There are also two white LED strips on the side of the keyboard to add a nice clean finish to the keyboard. I have attached pictures to clarify. And there are 3 brightness settings for you to choose from.
Like I said before, Corsair throws in some extra accessories to sweeten the deal:
-Detachable wrist rest (which is quite comfortable to use actually)
Now to the reason why I'm giving this 4 stars...
I'm just gonna say it, the Razer Synapse software for the Chroma is much better than Corsairs CUE software. It took me about 30 minutes to an hour to figure out how to set a certain keycap a certain color. They do have instructions on their website, but its not clear enough for all the features. When I got my Razer Blackwidow Chroma, it was simple (INSANELY SIMPLE) to customize the LEDS to your specific needs. However for Corsair, it seems like they're getting there but ever so slowly. For example you need to go to 3 or 4 different pages on Corsair software to set all the keys white and WASD a different color. It was just a very frustrating experience for me using the CUE software. Hopefully in the future it will be on the same level as Razers Synapse.
-Cherry MX Browns
-Price (Cheaper than Blackwidow Chroma)
-Accessories (Keycaps/wrist rest)
- No headphone/mic passthrough
In the end, I recommend this keyboard to anyone who is looking for an upgrade or their first mechanical keyboard. The price of $149 is very much worth it considering all the extra accessories that come along with it. As for the software, give it some more time and I'm sure major improvements will be made. If there is something I did not answer in this review please leave a comment down below and I will try my best to answer it.
Prior to this "Silent" model, I had the non-"Silent" version. It was loud. Not clicker keyboard loud, but enough to be too loud for cubical city.
I am seriously thinking of buying another Strafe for gaming at home. It's not going to be the best gaming keyboard I've ever used, but for the price, it is very competitive.
To get it to work, however, you have to download their software, Corsair Utility Engine. Something to watch out for is that when you first get the keyboard, keep your other working keyboard plugged in. Download the software and then your computer will recognize the Consair keyboard. I had to replug and reboot to get things working. Now that it is installed, there are no issues. I also plug my Corsair Mouse into the provided USB slot on the keyboard - and everything works fine.
Now this could just be me but my other keyboard which used the PS2 keyboard slot also could turn on my computer. This USB connected one does not do that.
I was more sold upon the Blackwidow Chroma since it appeared to be the more popular choice based to the number of people reviewing that keyboard compared to this.
However. going with the reviews and their number for ones did not help much that time.
Pros of the Corsair Strafe\
1. The LEDs are amazingly bright. Having used both the Blackwidow Chroma and the Strafe, I do realise a massive difference in the LED brightness. The strafe is somewhat visible even in moderately bright sunlight, while the blackwidow chroma seemed as if it had the LEDs turned off. And at night, in dark, the Blackwidow looked nice however, the Strafe was amazingly vibrant.
2. Genuine Cherry MX switches
3. Amazing build quality despite the plastic shell.
4. Inclusion of the palm rest, which is a god sent
1. I use it on a Mac computer and the Corsair Cue does not have a version for OS X. There is a workaround in the form of CKB which is a third party software for Corsair Keyboards (including Strafe). While the program is somewhat buggy, eg: saved profiles being suddenly deleted, it still gives you the limitless customizability you would probably get from the cue software. While I have never used the Cue Software, I did use the Synapse from Razer, which is actually a really user friendly software. I would rate CKB having similar functionality as the Synapnse from Razer. However, I have used it only to edit the RGB profiles. I never tried to assign macros or something more complex using this.
In short I'm absolutely loving this keyboard and yes, it is miles ahead of the Blackwidow Chroma.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Your products look really good and have massive potential! I think you could be the next Razer with tge quality of the products you are making!Read more
Its very sturdy.Read more
Just download software from Corsair website and it's just that simple!Read more