|Item model number||CH-9000088-NA|
|Item Weight||3 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||17.6 x 6.7 x 1.6 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||17.6 x 6.7 x 1.6 inches|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $8.30 shipping
Corsair STRAFE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Red LED, Cherry MX Red
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 100% Cherry MX key switches - Gold contact Cherry MX mechanical gaming keys deliver the ultimate competitive advantage
- Dynamic backlighting - Brilliant RED backlighting enhances the experience with virtually unlimited lighting adjustability
- Fully programmable - Reassign any key or set up the most extreme macros for effortless gaming
- USB Pass-Through Port - Positioned for uninterrupted game play and ready for your mouse, wireless headset adapter, or your phone
- FPS/MOBA keycap sets - Textured and contoured keycaps enable maximum grip and enhanced feel
- Gaming Grade Circuitry - 100% anti-ghosting with 104 key rollover on USB ensure no matter how fast your play, all your keys register
- Easy-access multimedia controls - Efficiently adjust volume on the fly
- Two year warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Engineered for Performance
After 20 years of pushing the limits of innovation, Corsair Gaming takes the power of Cherry MX German engineering one step further.
Cherry MX Red Key Switches
Used by the pros and built in Germany. Cherry MX gaming keys feature the worlds leading mechanical key switch technology. Gold-Crosspoint contacts, Gold-plated contact closure, and pressure resistant metal alloy springs, give every gamer the competitive advantage.
Brilliant Red backlighting enhances the experience with virtually unlimited lighting adjustability. Choose from six unique presets or craft your own.
The Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) unlocks amazing keyboard programmability. Reassign any key or set up the most extreme macros for outrageous gaming control.
Positioned for uninterrupted game play, the built in USB pass-through provides easy connection for your mouse, USB drive, or wireless headset adapter.
Comfort and Control
Textured and contoured keycaps allow for maximum grip and enhanced feel. Personalize your experience by selecting between FPS and MOBA kits.
Gaming Grade Circuitry
100% anti-ghosting with 104 key rollover on USB ensure no matter how fast your play, all your keys register.
Audio On The Fly
Enhanced easy-access multimedia keys efficiently allow for on the fly audio changes while gaming. And when you’re not gaming, you can effortlessly play, pause, and skip audio tracks.
Compare to similar items
This item Corsair STRAFE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Red LED, Cherry MX Red
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Ace Easy|
|Item Dimensions||6.7 x 17.6 x 1.6 in||6.6 x 18.9 x 1.4 in||11.8 x 36.6 x 0.1 in||2.8 x 4.64 x 1.5 in||8.3 x 18.6 x 3.34 in||6.5 x 14 x 1.5 in|
After 20 years of pushing the limits of innovation, Corsair Gaming takes the power of Cherry MX German engineering one step further. With the simple goal of delivering pro-proven mechanical performance paired with outrageous customization options, Strafe will enable your skills to reach their full potential. Brilliant backlighting is enhanced with virtually unlimited dynamic lighting configurations - craft your own, or choose from six unique presets. And, gold contact Cherry MX mechanical keys deliver the ultimate competitive advantage. Rated for an industry-leading 50 million key presses, they guarantee a lifetime of consistent, comfortable response. Customer Service / Tech support: 1-888-222-4346 opt. 1
Top customer reviews
Comparison Vid: [...]
I was sick and tired of the Razer knock off clicky switches. It was nice for a couple months, but now it is quite irritating and unsatisfying to type on. Therefore I decided to get the Corsair Strafe RGB with MX Brown switches.
Personally I like this design better than the Blackwidow. The Blackwidow seems to have a matte fingerprint/oil attracted finish to it. This keyboard however has a clean sleek design that trumps that Blackwidow. The finish on this keyboard seems to be fingerprint resistant and doesn't seem to stain as easy as the Blackwidow. ALSO IT COMES WITH THE OG CORSAIR SAILS LOGO (THANK YOU CORSAIR) not the new "Corsair Gaming" logo that everybody hated.
I have never owned a Cherry MX Keyboard until now and IT IS AMAZING TO TYPE ON. This keyboard has the option of MX Browns, Reds, or Corsairs "Silent Switches." I decided to get Browns because its halfway between a Red(Silent) and Blue (Clicky) switch, basically the best of both worlds. Browns are not as loud as blues, they're nearly the same as Reds actually. It's just that Brown switches have a more tactile feedback feel when you type on them compared to Reds. The keycaps themselves on the other hand are similar in feel and look to the Razer keycaps. BUT Corsair includes a set of FPS and MOBA keycaps ALONG WITH a keycap puller so you can customize it to your needs. Props to Corsair for that.
The casing for the keycaps are clear so you get the maximum shine of color from the switches. Every switch has their own RGB LED that is customize able to what game you're gonna play. There are also two white LED strips on the side of the keyboard to add a nice clean finish to the keyboard. I have attached pictures to clarify. And there are 3 brightness settings for you to choose from.
Like I said before, Corsair throws in some extra accessories to sweeten the deal:
-Detachable wrist rest (which is quite comfortable to use actually)
Now to the reason why I'm giving this 4 stars...
I'm just gonna say it, the Razer Synapse software for the Chroma is much better than Corsairs CUE software. It took me about 30 minutes to an hour to figure out how to set a certain keycap a certain color. They do have instructions on their website, but its not clear enough for all the features. When I got my Razer Blackwidow Chroma, it was simple (INSANELY SIMPLE) to customize the LEDS to your specific needs. However for Corsair, it seems like they're getting there but ever so slowly. For example you need to go to 3 or 4 different pages on Corsair software to set all the keys white and WASD a different color. It was just a very frustrating experience for me using the CUE software. Hopefully in the future it will be on the same level as Razers Synapse.
-Cherry MX Browns
-Price (Cheaper than Blackwidow Chroma)
-Accessories (Keycaps/wrist rest)
- No headphone/mic passthrough
In the end, I recommend this keyboard to anyone who is looking for an upgrade or their first mechanical keyboard. The price of $149 is very much worth it considering all the extra accessories that come along with it. As for the software, give it some more time and I'm sure major improvements will be made. If there is something I did not answer in this review please leave a comment down below and I will try my best to answer it.
Also, you can program this keyboard into anyway you want so it definitely boosts the practically of this product and it also has very fast reaction speed so you can use it for literally any games you want. And you can always utilize the extra USB port in this keyboard where you can plug in your mouse or anything else that you want (I use mouse for this port to prevent entanglements)
Moreover, you can also program RGB lights in Mac OS with something called CKB (this is not an official software from Corsair but works perfectly) so Mac users can also utilize this keyboard to do whatever they want.
If you're curious what the CHERRY versus other types is like, google a youtube video and you'll hear the sound difference and feeling difference. I suggest cherry or brown for your first keyboard and never buy blue unless you want to make enemies.
Am NOT using the special keys for gaming because they feel slightly different than the normal keys and that messes with me when I use the keyboard for normal everyday typing. Not a big loss.
Does not have a digital screen like other keyboards. Keeping it simple.
* Keyboard on a whole seems well built/high quality
* White painted sides + keyboard backing mesh well with the rgb lighting, reflecting and diffusing the color in a pleasing way
* You can make your keyboard a visualizer
* The CUE software is powerful as all hell and has a number of user-made profiles available for download on Corsair's website
* THE SAILS LOGO YES (No one asked for the corsair gaming logo, sails all the way)
* YOU CAN MAKE YOUR KEYBOARD A VISUALIZER
Quick and dirty CUE tutorial:
1. Abandon trying to figure out how to program the app
2. Navigate to the Corsair gaming site to download profiles (search for "corsair rgb share", then scroll down to the STRAFE section)
3. Download the coolest looking profile (I highly recommend "Everyday amazing color & animation" by Timothy Cook (picture attached))
4. Open up the Corsair CUE software, navigate to the Profiles tab (default)
5. Click "Import/Export Profiles", then click "import"
6. Navigate to the folder containing the profile you downloaded, and import it
7. MOST IMPORTANT STEP: Choose the profile you want in the large dropdown menu, then click on the three horizontal lines button directly next to that dropdown menu, and check "set as default profile". Not doing this will cause the keyboard lighting to revert to the default profile when the cue software is no longer focused.
IF YOU WANT YOUR KEYBOARD TO VISUALIZE MUSIC:
Download the "Corsair Effects Engine" (easily googlable) off of the Corsair forums and run that WITHOUT the CUE software running.
Tutorial for the CEE should be on the same site as the download