Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 24, 2017
Got 2 of these for a total of 4 sticks (16 GB) for my gaming/streaming/media desktop with dual monitor setup. They work, except lately, I do get BSOD in Windows 10 occasionally, with an error code "Memory Management". Doing some research indicates this could be a RAM problem. Currently, these have lasted me 3+ years now, so I guess it's not too big of an issue at this point, especially considering the price I got them at ($100 for all 4 sticks). I just did some recommended fixes, so we will see what happens from here. Worst case scenario, it's probably time to upgrade all components again (mobo/processor/ram/gfx) anyways.

pros/cons:
+ Look cool
+ Work
- May be faulty after ~3 years, causing BSOD with Memory Management error
on December 10, 2014
As a PC tech of 20 years, this is MY PREFERENCE RAM to run in any system and any motherboard. Regardless, with the Vengeance series, I have spent months trying to discern the difference between the various colors and names assigned to the Vengeance line. Most recently, I stick with Blue Vengeance (a bit lower priced that the other colors) for high performing rigs.. and have not seen any reduction in speed. For newbies I must point out some reasons WHY you should always buy this RAM.; (1) dual channel runs better than single channel, so always buy a matching set... (2) warranty is lifetime, as long as you did not let your dog chew it up... (3) the performance is better than many other brands.. and seems to work in anything...(4) the heat sink design is easy to handle during install (and gorgeous if you have a case with a window)
XMP profiles can easily conflict with AMD hardware. If purchasing for an Intel machine, this RAM will work great. If its for AMD, i went with the Hyperfury 1866mhz and i have not had a single regret.

This stick ran okay on an ASUS mobo with an i7 4790k but with a Gigabyte UD3P and FX6300, it could not get enough power. The profiles are not made for optimized AMD use.

I loved the heat spreaders, but ultimately, that does not make the product work. VERY tall RAM, but a nice look to an Intel system with the clearance.
on November 7, 2015
I had four 4 GB in my computer for a total of 16GB of RAM. Recently one of the chips went bad, I ran with 12GB of RAM for almost a year. No problem, recently I decided to replace the bad RAM when I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.

Performance improvement, I don't know. This computer is used in my classroom. Seriously 4GB of Ram is probably more than enough, 8GB would probably be overkill, so I am not sure were to classify having 16GB. I just knew that I had a blank slot with nothing in it. I bouth the two pack that way I have a spare just in case.
on April 7, 2015
I bought this item on April Fools day. Prophetic as it happened. There's nothing wrong with this product. They look beautiful and I really wanted to keep them. But, I made a foolish mistake while working on my latest build. I failed to allow room for installing my hard drive!!
I have known for years that CPU's and cooler fans have clearance issues with tall RAM sticks that have heat-spreaders, but I hadn't considered that other items could also conflict.

Chalk this up to the learning curve. Actually, I wish memory makers would just stop the heat-spreader gimmick. It's true that memory does generate heat and I suppose that heavily over-clocked memory might need extra cooling help, but it's clear to me that's it's mostly a fashion trend.
Are you old enough to remember tail fins on cars?

I didn't want to take advantage of Amazon's return policy, claiming that the item was "deficient" in some way. But no, the fault was mine.
I have printed out my Amazon return label and will have to pay an $8 postage return. Well, serves me right.

As for the Corsair sticks, they look beautiful with a metallic blue anodized finish. They also came in a clear plastic tray which is handy. I only needed one quarter of an inch of extra clearance. Maddening. I know that a lot of you are builders and I wanted to give you a heads up on checking your mounting clearances. I haven't checked but it seems to me that memory makers probably have measurement specs on their websites. I'll have to look into that one.

I have re-ordered Crucial RAM sticks. They're a little drab compared to the Corsair sticks, but are only about 60% as tall. That should make the difference. I hope others are helped by my mistake.

P.S I can't give you the measurements on these, I packed them up for return and didn't think of it in time. Sorry.
on April 27, 2014
Finally finished piecing together my new PC and gave it some time to test it out. Most of my decision making was the result of reviews from here (Amazon) and forums on tomshardware.com.

-NZXT Guardian 921 RB ATX Mid Tower Case, Black 921RB-001-BL
-Intel Core i5-3570K
-Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
-EVGA GeForce GTX760 SuperClocked w/ACX Cooler (02G-P4-2765-KR)
-Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB (2x4 GB) (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B)
-Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155 (GA-Z77X-UD3H)
-OCZ Technology Fatal1ty 750W (OCZ-FTY750W)
-Intel RTS2011LC Liquid-Cooling Kit
-Samsung 840 SSD 500GB (MZ-7TD500BW)
-D-Link AirPlus DWL-G520 Wireless PCI Adapter(rev.B)

Boot up is less than 10 seconds from power button to login. At resolution 1920x1200 with most settings on high (using NVidia GeForce Experience recommendations) gameplay is smooth and pretty with Assassins Creed IV, League of Legends, Rage, Path of Exile, Diablo 3, StarCraft 2, & Heroes of the Storm. All the fans are not loud at all and go unnoticed with the box under my desk. The lights look awesome from the fans, psu, & Intel CPU cooler. The case has 3 thermometers labeled for CPU, HDD, and SYS. They make for a nice LED display on the front but placing them in the case is a little tricky. I use HWMonitor to watch temps and so far nothing has gone over 55 Celcius. Gigabyte has some proprietary software w/ their motherboard. I have attempted the auto overclocking program labeled EasyTune but have not had much luck with it. Ended up keeping CPU at it's original 3.4 GHz since there isn't really a need to push it more than that currently. In the future I may try manually overclocking in the BIOS. The BIOS is extremely easy to navigate and has a plethora of configuration options and adjustable parameters.

Overall, system works flawlessly and is everything I wanted with the potential for easy upgrading in the future. Hope this helps if anyone is shopping around and doing some research.
on June 28, 2017
I love the fact the RAM comes in this cool blue design. I wanted RAM to look good and run good. The speed and latency of the RAM is great, no slowdowns in gaming. The RAM runs cool and never had issues installing them into the MOBO. This is DDR3 memory, not DDR4, but I didn't need top of line things and my MOBO (ASUS Z97-A/USB 3.1) only uses DDR3 anyways.
on January 13, 2015
I bought these over the 1866mhz because, after a lot of research, it seems like the difference is so negligible that I would not be able to notice the difference. I built my system to maximize gameplay for WoW and they are amazing. Maybe one day I will get another pair, but I cannot see why I would ever need more than 8 gigs, lol, when I check my system performance, I am never even close to pushing these things to their potential.

Plus, they are beautiful! One note, I bought these with other parts to build a full computer, so I was trying to maximize performance while saving money. If I were only upgrading my memory, I might fork out the extra cash to get the 1866's just for bragging rights, lol!
on December 15, 2014
Fantastic! 1600mhz is more than sufficient to run the best games on the market and anything more is arguably overkill. However, if you desire to overclock these you certainly can, and they are extremely fast! If you have an M5 motherboard, it'll fit in nice with the theme. I'm thinking about getting another pair once the price drops so I have a total of 16gb of ram. I'd recommend these to gamers and developers any day of the week! Best buy for the money and value, plus anything more ends up being overkill for games, but may not be for development like CAD work. I do not do CAD so please be sure to research this before purchasing, perhaps the higher mhz is better for those applications.
on March 26, 2012
I bought this ram because I recently built a new computer and after having it running in my machine for some months now I think it's a good time to review it. So far all products that went into my computer from Corsair have been absolutely wonderful. I have no issues with it running and it is super fast. I have it paired with a i7 2600k processor, Z68 motherboard, a SSD for the OS and a bigger HD for everything else. It is super fast, never hiccups, and is quite a pleasant experience overall. To be fair, my PC did not take both sticks when I first booted it on, but a quick trip to the Bios took care of that little qualm.

Primary Uses for me that probably push it's performance would be some light 3d gaming, heavy multitasking, and producing in FL studio with many instances of different synths. So far it has proved itself at a really good price.

Highly recommended buy.