- File Size: 658 KB
- Print Length: 375 pages
- Publication Date: July 8, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00LNBSJZS
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #106,883 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$13.45|
Save $10.46 (78%)
La Cosa Nostra, This Thing of Ours Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1) Over-the-top bad boy H who broods and stares so much, I was picturing Carl Fredricksen from the movie Up. All busy eyebrows, head sticking out, glowering at our h with discontent. No cane / walker required.
2) An innocent h who's had sex only thrice in her life (gasp!) but who has the body of a goddess and is lusted after by not only our H, but his much-older uncle as well. Can we all say it ... Ewwwww!
3) The h (again) .... sooo annoying. Like, she acts like she's 12 sometimes, like oh my god, and makes such stupid rash decision, like can you believe it. But then she's supposedly some nerd in school who's studying to be a vet. Who's getting her "Bachelor's of Science" degree. Degree in what? No clue b/c the author just has this super-smart girl say she's getting a Bachelor's of Science degree and then going on to vet school. She's getting a BS in something alright ...
4) Somehow, our h has no bartending experience whatsoever, but is hired on sight at an exclusive gentlemen's club to ... yup, you guessed it ... be a bartender. Are the patrons at this fine establishment ordering only sodas and water? How the heck did she learn how to man a bar after just ONE NIGHT training with another bartender?
5) She earns tips ranging from $500-$700. Per night. Bartending. With no experience. And without taking off her clothes or providing extra "services" to men. Um, sure. I thought I was reading a New Adult genre novel, not Fantasy.
6) The H is either a jerk or a wuss.Read more ›
The h is studying for her bachelor’s degree. She eventually wants to go to grad school and become a vet. She is a farm girl. The H lives off his family’s wealth. He does not appear to do much except show up at his uncle’s club with a different woman every night.
The h applies for a bartender job at the club. When she and the H meet, they are instantly attracted to each other. I am okay with that except there was very little wooing on the H’s part. He is who he is, so girls fall for him all the time. They chase him. The h, for her part, held out the first few times, but eventually succumbs to the H’s advances.
I like that the H was uber possessive and unsure of the h’s feelings toward him, but there were moments when I thought he was flat out stupid. There was a scene at the club when they were on a date. The h was sitting on his lap and had to jump off him to avoid an embarrassing moment because she was feeling a reaction from between his legs. She runs to the restroom. The H thinks she has rejected him so he retaliates by fondling another woman when she leaves for the restrooms. She sees him in action when she returns. He wants her to witness the scene so she knows she is easily replaceable. He begs forgiveness when he learns the reason she hopped off his lap. The h forgives him and does not make him earn it. The H is really in his thirties?
Second stupid moment was when the h was voicing her concerns to the H one evening about possibly having to give up a spot with her desired grad school because the school was going through budget cuts with the work study program.The H thinks she is indirectly asking him to pay for grad school.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The dialogs were bland, the sorry was interesting but frustrating, the girl didn't really have much self respect, for taking the guy back after what he did (more than once. Read morePublished 3 months ago by May
The story definitely was shocking but overall cute. The ending wasn't at all what I expected. Jaw dropping but goodPublished 3 months ago by NYDIA
One of my favorite reads of this yr... Their love story how it starts and ends is truly breathtaking!!! Loved itPublished 3 months ago by Traci Bosse
I enjoyed reading La Cosa Nostra, This Thing of Ours, all about Harper Troy a twenty-three year old farm girl in her senior year of college & Liam Tarseta a young Italian man who... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Donna feibusch
This book hooked my @ the prologue and I couldn't put it down!!! Liam and Harper are an amazing couple and the storyline is awesomePublished 12 months ago by J Simmons
Harper Troy, a tough as nails beautiful farm girl begins working at a gentleman's club and soon crosses paths with Liam Tarseta, son of the owner of the club. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Christina Rhoads
Ok book but it feels like you're missing the back story. Would likw morePublished 12 months ago by val mccray
I am actually very surprised by the reviews for this WONDERFUL book. I thought it delivered on everything it described and then some. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Amazon Customer
It started out ok and I'm saying that because finally there was a female character that didn't fall in bed with the story manwhore at the drop of a hat. Read morePublished 12 months ago by ImFallonaSummerDay