Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 405 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 442 reviews
on September 15, 2014
The book is fine, however, the access code did not match the class ID code so had to buy another digital copy for another $93. The book companies and school sure do have a good racket going on....
on October 4, 2015
I was actually pretty surprised that out of all the textbooks I ordered this semester, this one was the most understandable. I'm sure that this is just an overview of what are incredibly complicated theories, but the writing isn't TOO boring and actually explains astronomy in a way that makes sense.

Be careful ordering, though - there are what seems like a billion different editions of this book in addition to a textbook called "The Cosmic Perspective" (no essential) and many places will get ISBN numbers confused, so double check your syllabus to make sure the title matches. Additionally, do NOT depend on the access code enclosed to actually match whatever your online lab is; I wound up having to order one separately because they were not the same.
on January 9, 2017
This book was everything I needed for my astronomy class, it has such a huge source of vocabulary and helped so much on the online course we had to take my class. It was a little disappointing that some people got an access code with their books and other didn't, including me but it was a great book to use.
on September 1, 2017
I am extremely unsatisfied with my rental of this book. It arrived in marginally passable condition but without the access code it was listed as having. I then had to log into the pearson sight and purchase the access code. It would have been cheaper if I had just rented through the book store on campus and I could have ensured that I was receiving the materials I needed. Debating returning the book and just using the etext copy that the pearson subscription comes with.
on March 6, 2017
Great condition there were only a couple pages with bends in them. I took a star off because the listing is technically wrong. This is not a paper back, it was a binder (loose leaf) edition. Other than that, very satisfied!
on May 7, 2015
Ordered the product as new and from Amazon. Unlike others, my access code worked fine and the book arrived in an unused condition. However, I purchased the book and not just the access code because I like reading from a textbook and being able to mark it, especially when the material gets complicated. Now that I am entering finals time and reading the last chapters I have discovered that about 200 pages (Skips from Chapter 14 to Chapter 24) are missing from the book.
on August 29, 2017
A great astronomy textbook that strikes a wonderful balance between complexity and being understandable. Excellent and challenging post chapter questions. I am truly impressed with all chapters and the two chapters on Special Relativity are very clear and really enjoyable. The Mathematical Insights spread through out the book are great reviews and well explained.
on July 24, 2013
I purchased this for a college class. It is a good textbook. It has great illustrations that are very helpful. It is well-written. I love that it has online aspects that go with it, so that the activities and the book really go together. Some of the organization of the chapters and sections seems a little goofy, but overall I think this is a good book.
on August 20, 2017
very nice work, I really like this amazing book
on June 13, 2012
I bought this for my introduction astronomy class. I am very pleased with the content offered. It includes specific details on our solar system, including the sun, its planets, the moons of planets, comets, and asteroids. I learned many interesting things from this text, like how the wind patterns on Earth are generated and can be easily explained by the physics introduced in mechanics and how the global warming models in use today are based on the atmospheric models of the inner planets. This book does not go into detail with math and physics but give a general scientific explanation. If you are looking for a rigorous Astronomy book that involves lots of theory and math/physics problems then this is not the book for you. This just gives a good introduction to many interesting astronomical phenomenon.