Cosmoline RP-342"Heavy" Rust Preventative Spray (Military-Grade) 1-Can
Enhance your purchase
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- OUR STRONGEST, LONGEST-LASTING & FASTEST-DRYING Rust Preventive Aerosol, PERIOD! 1-coat can reliably protect any metal, steel, or iron surface (parts, equipment, tools, machinery, etc.) for Years!.....indoors or outdoors.
- DURABLE & TOUGH – Will not crack, craze, blister, run or “wash off”. RP-342 produces a dry-to-the-touch (non-tacky), amber, translucent (see-through) petroleum wax coating that stands up to long-term salt spray, extreme temperatures and other harsh environments.
- EASY-TO-APPLY: Just spray onto a dry surface, dries in about 25 minutes; You’re Done!
- TRUSTED SINCE WWII – has been widely used & trusted by the U.S. Armed Forces, government agencies, commercial companies, and DIYers/consumers for generations.
- 1,000s of APPLICATIONS across commercial and private industries. Vehicle undercoating is one of the most popular applications. Easily stands up to road salt, chemicals, road debris and won’t wash off like many other undercoating products. One application/coating can protect for years.
Specification for this product family
Frequently bought together
Military-Grade Rust Prevention
Modeled after Military Specifications: MIL-PRF-16173, Grade 4 and MIL-C-83933.
IMPORTANT #1: Make sure your surface is clean and dry (not oily or greasy) to ensure best possible adhesion.
IMPORTANT #2: RP-342 is a heavily-concentrated rust preventive. For best results, each spray can should be shaken vigorously for about 2 minutes to ensure a uniform coat. The aerosol cans should also be shaken intermittently during longer application sessions.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS - Spray a generous, even coating on your surface and let dry. While a single coating will provide exceptional protection, additional coats can be applied if desired. If applying multiple coats, always let previous coats dry completely before applying the next coat. Ideally, it’s always preferable and recommended to apply over a non-rusted surface, however, RP-342 can be applied over moderate surface rust. RP-342 will prevent surface rust from spreading. RP-342 should not be applied over flaking or pitted rust…..these advanced types of rust should be treated prior to applying RP-342. The typical first application dry film thickness is 2.0 Mils (51 Microns).
Common Applications Include (but are not limited to):
- Vehicle undercarriage / undercoating (cars, buses, trucks, etc.) - the most popular application!
- Parts & equipment storage
- Overseas transportation
- Heavy machinery & equipment (storage & in-use applications)
- Dies, molds, lathes, shafts and beams
- Offshore drilling equipment, platforms & infrastructure
- Farm implements
- Boat shafts and propellers
- Marine fittings
- Rifle & other firearms preservation / storage
- Garden tools & lawn mower blades
- 1,000s of applications! Reliably protects any surface that might rust on you!
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Item Weight : 2 Pounds
- Date First Available : November 30, 2016
- Manufacturer : Cosmoline Direct
- ASIN : B01MRRYF6N
- Customer Reviews:
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
By Motor Kada on April 17, 2019
Only drawback, is the red-spray-straws that are inserted into the nozzle tends to “pop-out” when applying the cosmoline in hard to reach areas where slight bending is often done, I’ve found a simple solution that keeps them in place from “popping-out” is by applying “Hot-melt-glue” to the nozzle around the inserted straw (*way before using the-new full cosmoline spray can,*) ....let-cool, down, this has helped from loosing many straws inside the body cavities.!