Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cosmos ® Clear Black Color Sunglasses/Eyeglasses Clip Car Holder with Cosmos Fastening Strap
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Halloween Amazon Cash Back Offer Author Author Author  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

on November 18, 2012
This is better than any other clip I've used... and I've had many that broke after a short time. This clip is made to last.
on July 22, 2013
A few months ago I bought a rather expensive ($760) pair of Costa Rx sunglasses. The sunglasses came with a very nice zipper case that was just a little too secure for the constant on and off I do during my daily travels. I was worried about scratching the coating of the sunglasses so I was very happy that this little gadget worked beautifully. I had tried other glasses holders similar to this one but with a different clamshell design that always ended up breaking or letting go of the glasses just at the wrong time. This one is more of a spring loaded clamp that holds the glasses securely without fail. The clip holds my heavy sunglasses just as securely as it does my very lightweight rimless glasses.

I originally slipped the holder on the back edge (closest to my face) of my sun visor and slipped the glasses in while holding the clamp open with the other. After a week or so I switched the sunglass holder around to the front or leading edge of the visor and found that the clip is much easier to use by opening it with the lever side and sliding the glasses in front to back. Not sure if that makes sense or not.

Now if I could figure out what the little strip of Velcro is for. :-/
on April 17, 2013
I bought a KMart sunglasses holder that was adequate but when I saw this I thought why not. Suffice to say that this won hands down. It is secure on the visor and I find it easy to remove the sunglasses.
on November 4, 2013
These are great, if you use small rimmed glasses. If however, you use the thick wrapped glasses that are en vouge at the time of this writing, they really dont work. The big arms are too big for the little opening and just cant handle the weight.
on January 23, 2014
I have never tried these sorts of clips before but now have several pairs of glasses and sunglasses I use while driving and was looking for a good setup.

For starters, I don't think I am happy with the visor clip idea in general because I have a little car and there's just not much extra space. Either the glasses are hanging downward from your visor, in your face, or they are crammed between the visor and the roof, causing imprints on your roof and potentially damaging your glasses. And if you actually use your sun visor to shade the sun, you will be knocking your glasses against the windshield or side window.

The best use I found for this clip was for my clip on sunglasses but they didn't fit in all that great and the clip would sometimes loosen from the visor.

No matter how many times I used this clip, I had to remind myself which end to squeeze to open, because it's the opposite of what it looks like. There is an end that curves up, with sort of a lined finger grip but that's NOT the end you squeeze. You squeeze the smooth rounded end that looks like it is the "hinge" end. You can see this in the pictures but you have to really visualize it in use to see how awkward it is.

It's just goofy and I had to think it through every time and I really couldn't do it one handed. It was more difficult than my old arrangement of using slip-in soft eyeglass cases in my little open stash box in my dash.
on April 5, 2015
Pros: It has a wide base that will not indent your visor. Also its very easy to slide glasses in and out of.

Cons: The clamping spring is not strong enough and glasses rattle if cruising sometimes. I guess I am OCD about stuff like that but the rattling of the sun glasses up there bugs the hell out of me.
on August 14, 2014
Quick ship, looks good, but not at all good. Broken in one day. Placed my sunglasses in the holder at work. When I left work they had dropped out. It was my new pair of Under Armour Zone Sunglasses. Not exactly a heavy or large size ear piece. The holder broke the next day. Maybe I got one from a bad batch. Not willing to test that theory. Junk pile.
on April 11, 2013
easy to flip it open and retrieve or place glasses while driving and it hold my glasses very well ! I really like this one, glad I bought 2 !
on September 24, 2015
You get what you pay for. Cheap. I never got to use it. Pushed down on it and it snapped in half. Lol
I couldn't help but laugh. I only ordered it so I could have free shipping on my other orders, so it served its purpose.
on December 5, 2013
Kind of a piece of junk. It is difficult to open to put the glasses in. When you pull the glasses out, it's easy to pull this with you off of the visor. Came with a piece of velcro, but no directions on what to do with it. Not terribly disappointed, but it's not really worth the money.