- File Size: 564 KB
- Print Length: 77 pages
- Publication Date: January 5, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01M1YOL9K
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #381,630 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
A Cottage in Cornwall: the perfect heartwarming sequel to A Christmas in Cornwall Kindle Edition
My Kind of You (A Trillium Bay Novel)
Preorder the new novel from Wall Street Journal bestselling author Tracy Brogan. Learn more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
Long-distance relationships are high maintenance, even in this high tech age with face-to-face chats via webcam. Disagreements that can be sorted out very quickly in person with a touch or a hug, can escalate when a couple is apart, and that appears to be the case with Julianne and Matthew.
Meanwhile Julianne and Lady Amanda are secretly arranging a surprise wedding and reception for Constance, a renowned botanical artist, and one of Lady Amanda’s oldest and dearest friends. Julianna spends some time talking to Constance who told her the story of how her intended, Joseph, had proposed. This whimsical paragraph so delightfully phrased is an exquisite piece of writing and I have read it five times already. (It is also highlighted so I can find it again easily.) Further on in the story, when Julianne attends an exhibition of Constance’s watercolours in London, I came across another descriptive treasure that I have read several times. This one is also highlighted.
In between all, this Julianne is dealing with Matthew’s return, and with a very disagreeable, disobliging and downright rude temporary gardener at Cliffs House. The rest you will have to read for yourselves.
This book is very well-written and edited, and I am delighted to find a modern author who isn’t afraid to meander off on flights of fancy, especially given her marvellous use of the English language.
I am terribly tempted to give a five star rating just for those two paragraphs, but sticking to my code, I will bend it to give 4.5 stars. I DO wish Amazon would make provision for reviewers to give half stars.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories & Anthologies > Short Stories
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Contemporary Women
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Women's Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories > Single Authors
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Classics
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Short Stories