Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

I bought these to help me clean my Saint Bernard's ears. They aren't effective at all. I have much better luck wiping them out with a paper towel. The cotton swabs are no bigger than the ones you would find on your average personal q-tip. If you're going to clean a big dog's ears with them, that means using at least 10 at a time. The best way to describe them is a one-sided q-tip on a long wooden stick. Maybe they would work good on small dogs, which is why I gave it three stars instead of one or two, but for big dogs it's a waste of time and money. I wish they made different sizes for different types of dogs. Obviously the kind of q-tip you use on a chihuahua isn't going to work on a Saint Bernard...
9 helpful votes
10 helpful votes
on October 21, 2016
As many have already noted, the wooden part of this swab breaks quite easily under even a minor amount of pressure. Further, the cotton tipped ends have even less cotton than ANY standard q tips that I normally buy. All in all, i got the job done that I needed to accomplish, but make no mistake, these are NOT the longer tipped swabs I recall from yesteryear & I will not likely buy these again.
It's pretty sad in this day & age that normal usage items that people actually still need are so very hard to come by. I went to at least 5 different retail stores & nobody had anything....I think next time I'll try a medical supply store.
on July 26, 2016
This product was not as absorbent as I hoped for. We use them to treat our cat's gums with a holistic solution our veterinarian compounds.

It just doesn't seem to soak up as much of the fluid as we need. I like the length but wish it would be more appropriate for what we are using it.
on September 23, 2016
I often get canker sores deep in the back of my throat, too far for normal size applicators to reach. I use these long applicators to apply pastes in such cases, and they work perfect. Two things to keep in mind: 1) they are not sterile, so if you prefer sterile applicators these are not for you, and 2) the stems are wooden - this only became a problem when I packed them for a cross-country flight and several ended up broken in my luggage. If you plan to travel with them treat them with care since they are fragile.
on April 17, 2017
Worked well for my friend who needed them for their dogs. Worked well for itchy ears.
on September 18, 2017
Good product for those with nothing between the ears. Really reaches in deep.
on October 11, 2017
Just the right size for little Yorkie.
on November 15, 2017
Great for cleaning my kittys ears
on September 13, 2013
I use the swabs for many applications, from cleaning electronic circuits, to medical swabs. Like the extra length for getting at places that are hard to reach, good for tape heads also, I do wish the cotton would stay on the stems a little better, most times I get the job done any ways, and over all they do not to bad when under heavy duty use. Judgment or common sense dictates here. Over all I'm pleased with product, shipping and handling included.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on March 12, 2017
great use for dog ear cleanings