Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cougar Cub Tales: I'm Just Like You
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports

on January 31, 2012
The rhyme scheme and illustrations were awkward. The story didn't really make sense, and the message was forced. Overall, my 3-yr-old and I didn't enjoy this.
on June 24, 2011
Bright pictures and rhyming text in this children's picture book formatted for the kindle. Has a good message about accepting differences and using one's talents to help others. I read it on the Kindle for PC with two columns and it displayed well.
on September 13, 2011
We discovered Sharon Cramer yesterday at our local Fair. She is an amazingly gentle soul who has a genuine love for children and the stories she creates for them. I bought both Lost and Alone and I'm Just Like You. Both are fabulously illustrated and written. I love how Sharon weaves real life situations into a fun story that captures my son's attention and causes him to think and relate to his own life. I highly recommend both books!!
on April 10, 2012
Seeing as the book is one of the top selling children's ebooks, I got this for the kindle fire to entertain the little ones. The formatting is strange - the text generally falls on a different page from the pictures, which I feel look very quickly done. The kids were bored with it very quickly - while its intentions are good, the rhyme scheme felt forced. Also, there should NEVER be grammatical errors in a children's book. Despite being a story about acceptance, it was hard for me to accept this one. 2/5
on March 29, 2013
The cubs are just alike and when they meet somebody who looks very different, they aren't sure that they want to be friends. This story gives an example of how somebody else can look different and still be the same in many ways
on February 25, 2016
This was by far an excellent children's book. Not only are the illustrations so realistic, the title makes sense for every human being. That we are all just alike!

Ms. Cramer spins a fun tale about Cougar Cubs as they find their way into your heart.

A great read to for your child and a wonderful way to introduce the concept of friendship and acceptance.

I wish they had books like these when I was a kid!

Here is the link if you want to get one of your own: Cougar Cub Tales: I'm Just Like You

A sweet tale, although not always rhyme perfect. There is room for improvement in the formatting as well.

I am an Amazon Reviewer and I did review this in exchange for my honest opinion. It was definitely cute, a good tale with a moral.
on May 7, 2012

ASIN: B004HD5TV6
Book Source: Bought
4 stars

Book Overview:

Mom's Choice Award winner COUGAR CUB TALES: I'm Just Like You (eBook) is about the continuing adventures of the cougar cubs as they encounter a creature very different from themselves. It deals with non-acceptance for physical difference or disability and the watercolors are a feast for the eyes as the text again communicates to the child in a lovely sing-song rhyme.

Mary's Review:

Brother and sister cougar stumble across a creature who is different from them but claims to be a cougar just like them. They continue to point out his differences only for him to give them a reason why he is still a cougar like them but only different. They point out he has no tail, but he does. It is smaller. His ears too big-he can hear better; his fur spotted; his eyes just not right. Because he is different, he is not one of them.
Brother and sister cougar quickly learn through their new and different friend that just because someone looks, acts, speaks, or has a disability doesn't mean they aren't one of them.
The colorful illustrations in this book are wonderful and delightful.
I recommend this book for ages 4-8

About The Author:
Sharon Jean Cramer was born in Jamestown, New York in 1960. Sharon's education includes a Master's in Anesthesia Education from Gonzaga, with her minor area of study in fine arts at the University of Houston. She pulls heavily from her experiences in healthcare to consider subject material for her children's books.
She also pulls from very personal experience for The Sneezy Wheezy Day. Her twin sister struggled with childhood illness for many years. Sharon observed that the treatments, though helpful and therapeutic were not what was ultimately most significant. What mattered most to Vonnie was the family and friends around her, who supported and loved her.
Sharon is surrounded by her own cubs. Her three sons all live in Spokane, and though grown, have opinions about the cougar cubs. Lost and Alone was actually written for her youngest son, Chase, when he was born. It is about his two older brothers, who were eight and ten years old at the time! Cole and Shad tangled on occasion so it was easy for Sharon to write about sibling rivalry and conflict resolution!
Sage is Sharon's granddaughter, loves the Cougar Cub Tales, and is a tough critic! She pits the cubs against Dora, Spongebob and of course the Disney princesses, but so far, the Cougar Cubs hold their own (and dad doesn't bore so quickly over reading them over, and over, and over!)
Sharon's husband, Daryl, is a nurse anesthetist, and `personal organizer' for Sharon. He is also chef, karaoke partner, best friend, and inspiration to the author. He is a good voice of reason, sometimes editor, and unlikely audience during studio recordings. (More than one take has occurred due to his enthusiastic presence!). If you see Sharon at a big event, say hello to Daryl as well. He is usually close by.

" see full review at Little Red Reads" [...]
on September 2, 2012
The story is very cute. The pictures are playful and full of movement. I liked the character that the two cougars meet. He tries to explain how he is the same as the cougars. Now, this is a story about acceptance. I know nowadays we are taught that we are all the same, our DNA is the same, and it doesn't matter how we look on the outside. This of course is true, we are all internally the same. But our looks differ. In this story the different character tries to prove he is the same like the cougars. I think it should have been better if the bobcat had embraced and acknowledged his differences, pointed out it was ok to be different, that everyone is unique and different in their looks and this is perfectly fine. I know this is the total opposite of what the book is about. However, I did like it the way it is too, but it made me think that the bobcat is ashamed to embrace what is different in him. Maybe I dig too deeply into the story... The rhymes were good, however, the formatting needs to be checked. There were some highlights that appeared in the book. Some words were transferred to the next line by one letter, such in "thing-s". The "s" was on the next line. Other than that, there were no sentences going to other pages such as another reviewer had mentioned. Overall, I think the book was good, the pictures nice, the formatting needs to be checked again.
on July 17, 2011
This book did not rivet my 7 year old, but he did like the storyline. I don't think he will ask for it over and over again, but I believe that is mostly due to his age.

It's a nice story, with cute rhymes. The scansion isn't perfect, but most kids won't notice. The illustrations are clear and cute, and my son really enjoyed them.

I would buy more from this author.
on December 28, 2011
I bought this for my daughter (8) and we both enjoyed it. The rhyming is decent and reminescent of Dr. Suess but the story is heart-warming and cute, as are the picture. Even though my daughter reads larger chapter books on her own, she still enjoyed the story and the pictures.