Your Memberships & Subscriptions
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle for Web.
Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Follow the Author
Could Be Something Good: A Small-Town Romance (Timber Falls Book 1) Kindle Edition
Winnie knows babies, and the intern who just hit on her by the hospital elevators definitely qualifies.
Winnie’s starting to think she has a target on her back: her mom is pestering her to sign up for the MCAT’s again, even though she’s already a midwife. Her bothersome ex is at it, too, blowing up her phone with texts and calls, asking her to attend the wedding of a mutual acquaintance when he knows she wants nothing to do with him. And to top it all off, the cute new resident at the hospital–who’s way too young for her–seems to think they should be friends. How’s a midwife supposed to catch babies with all this drama?
Daniel wants three things: a long bike ride, a good comic book, and a date with Winnie. When the beautiful blond midwife gives him the brush-off, he’s only mildly concerned; dyslexia has taught him to be patient. He’s willing to wait until she sees how good they could be together…and being her date to that wedding she’s dreading is the perfect opportunity to show her. But when his boss (who happens to be Winnie’s mother) makes a public pronouncement about how wrong they are for each other, things get serious more quickly than laid-back Daniel had in mind.
With all of Timber Falls taking sides, can their fledgling relationship withstand the pressure, or will they prove her mother right after all?
Could Be Something Good is the first book in the Timber Falls contemporary romance series. It contains mild cursing, a make-out scene involving melted butter and stolen moments in medical supply closets, but no open-door sex scenes. If you like ridiculous bets, meddling relatives, and reverse dates, grab this book now.
- "This was such a sweet romance! Totally addicted from the first page, I stayed up until the early hours of the morning to read this book all in one sitting! Winnie and Daniel are an adorable couple - two genuinely lovely people with insecurities and vulnerabilities that they support one another through. Funny, smart, a little bit geeky - I cannot recommend this story enough!" --Liv Burrell, NetGalley
- "I loved this book! It was such a sweet story that made me smile, a great rom-com :) The characters were very believable and I really enjoyed their reactions to the different situations (lots of laughter involved), while still showing the characters growth as people throughout the story. I though that Fiona West told a fun story, and showed some really good life lessons about perseverance, doing what's right for you, and that it's okay to take time to smile. I give this book 4 out of 5 stars for the cool references, the great character build up, and for making me smile :) I truly enjoyed this book and definitely recommend reading it!" -- Kimberly Werntz, NetGalley
- "This cozy series debut from West (The Borderline Chronicles series) invites readers to the charming small town of Timber Falls, Ore. When Daniel Durand returns to his hometown to complete his medical residency at the local hospital, he's immediately smitten by midwife Winifred Baker. After his unflattering first impression, Winnie rebuffs Daniel's advances; she's still raw from the breakup of her long-term relationship with her high school sweetheart, Ethan, and self-conscious about dating a younger man. But they soon bond over their shared love of graphic novels, and after Winnie realizes she may have misjudged Daniel, she asks him to accompany her to a wedding Ethan is also attending. As their feelings deepen, Daniel's determined to prove his intentions are sincere to Winnie, her mother, and the entirety of Timber Falls if necessary. The low stakes are comforting rather than boring, giving this joyful romance the perfect slice-of-life feel. The endearing cast,sweet love story, and fully realized setting will be more than enough to keep the pages turning. This is small-town romance done right." --Publishers Weekly starred review
About the Author
- ASIN : B085HK1L3C
- Publisher : Tempest and Kite Publishing (May 29, 2020)
- Publication date : May 29, 2020
- Language : English
- File size : 411 KB
- Simultaneous device usage : Unlimited
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Sticky notes : On Kindle Scribe
- Print length : 233 pages
- Best Sellers Rank: #353,804 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- #7,208 in Clean & Wholesome Romance (Books)
- #7,874 in Contemporary Romance Fiction
- #8,641 in Contemporary Women's Fiction
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Is it the best book I've ever read? No
Is it the worst? No
Did it make me smile? Yes
Cry? Yes, there were tears in my eyes
Did it annoy me? Not too much
If I knew what it was like first-hand, would I read it? Yes! (And as soon as I get the next books (different lead characters) for free I'm reading them!)
Top reviews from other countries
A really nice romance ....will be buying more of this series