Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Angry Birds Rio (Ad-Free) forum

Could not process order because of geographic restrictions

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 24, 2011, 10:48:19 AM PDT
JS says:
when i try to download any of the free apps i get a message saying: "We could not process your order because of geographical restrictions on the product which you were attempting to purchase."

but i'm in the U.S. so I don't know what could be wrong - anyone else see this and/or know of a setting I need to change?? Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2011, 10:33:21 PM PDT
I'm running into this same issue on Amazon Instant Video. I live in Los Angeles so no idea why there would be a geographic restriction. The only thing I can think is that I used to live in the UK and would sometimes run into similar restrictions during the time I was there. Only problem is, I haven't lived there for over 2 years. Any chance you were also overseas at some point and used Amazon? Just a wild guess. I looked through the account settings to see if there was something set there for the UK but didn't find anything. Just sent an e-mail to Customer Service so we'll see how they respond...

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2011, 10:46:44 PM PDT
Just figured out the problem, and it did have to do with my living in the UK. Turns out my 1-Click settings were set to use a UK address as the default address for shipping when I use 1-Click. Even though Amazon is not actually shipping anything to me (since it's digital content), apparently they still validate that the address I'm using for 1-Click is in the US.

So the solution is: change your default address on your 1-Click settings to a US address. I just did that and it worked right away.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2011, 7:53:51 PM PST
Noah Rosen says:
you are a genius Daniel C. Schaffer... thank you.

Posted on Feb 24, 2014, 6:39:32 AM PST
I did this. Reset my default settings to the US and it still won't let me purchase anything. I also never lived outside the US.

Posted on Mar 21, 2014, 5:21:14 PM PDT
Angela Krok says:
I live in Australia. I have purchased DVD's from Amazon UK and USA without issues for many years. Now I have 'geographical restrictions' to everything when I want to do it online!!!

Posted on Mar 21, 2014, 5:22:26 PM PDT
Angela Krok says:
I live in Australia. I have purchased DVD's from Amazon UK and USA without issues for many years. Now I have 'geographical restrictions' to everything when I want to do it online!!!

Posted on Apr 10, 2014, 2:55:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 10, 2014, 2:58:50 PM PDT
I spend a lot of time this year in Monaco. While I am there Amazon blocks from downloading any apps or mp3s, from Amazon US, UK and Amazon France. In fact there is no Amazon site that lets me download these. As I spend a lot of time in UK I use that as my 1-click and it's also the billing address, but I still am blocked from downloading if I am physically in Monaco. "Music Content" laws seem totally inappropriate for consumers who travel a lot. Very frustrating and stupid.

Posted on Jan 30, 2015, 11:17:47 PM PST
Please take my money. What is wrong with the world when illegal torrents are easy and its like pulling teeth to give you my money legaly. Change copyright laws about geographical restrictions. It just feeds piracy.

Posted on Jun 18, 2015, 2:03:59 PM PDT
Lovely.25 says:
So amazon prime video only works in US?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2015, 5:00:32 AM PDT
Steve says:
I watch Amazon Prime movies all the time from France. I use UnoTelly to make my IP appear as if it is in the US. When I buy stuff though, I use amazon.fr or amazon.co.uk. But I don't get free shipping because you need a prime account for that country. I just use video and music.

Posted on Jun 29, 2015, 6:32:08 AM PDT
I just started having this geographical restriction problem today and I have no idea why. I have never lived outside of the U.S. and I have only been to Canada once for a few hours. It's downright baffling.

Posted on Nov 28, 2015, 1:52:52 AM PST
I've had the same issue now trying to buy a downloadable item. "This item is not available for purchase due to geographical restrictions". Live in Australia, never lived elsewhere.
They're happy to physically ship the same dam item to me, which I don't want! I want to download it now, because I want it NOW, not in a months time.

Posted on Oct 18, 2016, 3:45:48 PM PDT
jlg says:
I get the error on one laptop and not the other, when trying to watch Amazon Video. They are less than five feet away from each other.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2017, 12:06:16 PM PST
But I live in U.K. And am skiing on holiday in France and I want to download a show for the Journey But I do not have a French email
Do you know if there is any solution ?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Mar 24, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 17, 2017

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

This discussion is about
Angry Birds Rio (Ad-Free)
Angry Birds Rio (Ad-Free) by Rovio Entertainment Ltd.
4.2 out of 5 stars (4,785)