Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $11.78 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Council Tool 3.75 Inch Pulauski Axe, 36 Straight Wooden Handle
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 3.75 Inch Pulauski Axe, 36 Hickory Handle
- Cutting Edge 4-1/2 In; Head Material Steel, Head Weight 3-3/4 lb
- Body coated with red enamel and the cutting edges in clear lacquer to deter rust
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge.
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
The company is as much about people as it is about tools. After all, it’s people who design the tools and manufacture and market them. The employees at Council Tool are hard-working Americans who take great pride in their work.
It hasbeen developed in the early 1900’s by Edward Pulaski, a legendary Forest Service Ranger in Idaho. In August, 1910 his presence saved the lives of 45 men during a difficult time in a large fire. A traditional style bit axe blade on one end and a mattock blade for digging or grubbing on the other end. Used in a variety of settings including forestry and general landscaping and wildand firefighting.
To maintain complete quality control, we produce all of our products at our North Carolina headquarters. We sink, repair and maintain our own forging dies and components in our own die shop. No tool leaves our plant without passing our rigid quality inspection process.
Innovation And Progress
When you can get high quality and innovative design at a fair price, that’s where value comes in. You simply get more for your money with Council professional tools.
Honesty goes without saying at Council Tool. It’s what has made us a trusted source for more than 120 years.
We are committed to keeping jobs here in the United States. We are committed to protecting the environment. So, we would never use offshore labor from places where environmental regulations are soft.
Made In The USA
This phrase is a particularly meaningful. We use only American steel, American hickory and domestic material and supplies.
Compare with similar items
Seymour AX-P3 3-1/2-Pound Pulaski Axe with 36-Inch Hickory Handle
Nupla 06202 3.5 lbs Pulaski Axe with 36" Hickory Handle
Nupla PA375-LESG Pulaski Axe with Ergo Power Handle with SG Grip, 36" Handle Length
Truper 30529 3-1/2-Pound 35-Inch Pulaski Axe, Hickory Handle
Weaver Arborist 2 Piece Pulaski Axe Guard
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||—||3.2 x 38 x 13.2 in||—||36 x 13 x 3.5 in||3 x 11.41 x 34.64 in||—|
3.75 LB PULASKI WITH 36 INCH STRAIGHT HANDLE
Council has been making hand tools since 1886, and they set the standard for quality and design. All Council axe heads are drop forged from high quality tool steel.
Edward Pulaski is a legendary Forest Service Ranger in Idaho. In 1910 he saved the lives of 45 men during a difficult time in a large fire.
DESCRIPTION & USAGE
A traditional style bit axe blade on one end and a mattock blade for digging or grubbing on the other end. Used in a variety of settings including forestry and general landscaping.
DETAILS & FEATURES
- Hand sharpened, single bit edge and mattock blade
- Forged steel head. Made in the USA
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ? inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55
- Body coated with black enamel and the cutting edges in clear lacquer to deter rust
- 36 inch double bit American hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge. The serrated shape improves bite and the aluminum choice of material is strong, lightweight and does not change size with moisture content
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately ? inch of the overall length of the handle is removed during assembly
Council Tool Company is as much about people as it is about tools. After all, it’s people who design the tools and manufacture and market them. All products are backed by more than 120 years of quality, reliability and tool-making expertise from one of the oldest forging operations in the United States.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I'm using this primarily for removing bushes and their roots. The axe head came kinda sharpened from the factory, which was fine for root chopping, because swinging it into the dirt would just rapidly dull it anyhow. The hoe part was completely unsharpened, and I will be filing an edge onto it similar to the axe side, as it doesn't really *cut* roots in its current state. Construction seems top notch. Grain orientation is good, the staked portion of handle is painted over so I don't know how the head is staked, but its still tight after my limited use. I gave the handle a light once over with 60 and then 150 grit, and then some tung oil, and it feels real good in the hands.
This one arrived promptly. I dressed the mattock blade a little (really not much) with a file and took the burr off the axe blade and went to work. It cuts through those old roots in no time, and I am really amazed at how fast the work is going. I even used the mattock to dress up the dirt path along the hillside. The pulaski works better than a pickaxe for both purposes as it is lighter and easier to do precision work.
You pay more for a well made tool. This one is made in the USA and clearly is done right. Get the real McCoy.
It's dark now, so I can't cut out any more roots, but I can't wait to get back at clearing the hillside for new planting in the morning.
The company's customer service (or lack of) leaves something to be desired. I called on two different occasions and got a recording to leave my phone number. I did and no one contacted me. I just wanted to go over their sharpening recommendations.
Nevertheless, the axe is a beauty and handles great.