Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on June 24, 2016
It's one of Megadeth's best albums, but this re-master is not well-recorded. The lower frequencies have been cut off, so the sound is not as full and potent as the original, plus the added fidelity of the higher freq. makes it sound thin, overall. Very disappointed in this purchase.
on October 15, 2008
I bought this album not knowing what "Remastered" actually meant in terms of changes to the original works. I used to own the original a long time ago and wanted to have it again. At first I thought the tracks sounded slightly different, then I started to get real pissed off when I figured out that some of my favorite riffs and solos were completely changed.

This version is weak, and I wish I had paid more attention to what I was buying. If you are looking for the original works, don't buy this version.
3 people found this helpful
on March 20, 2018
Classic!
on August 10, 2012
Anyone who purchased this album years ago will wince at the errors in the remaster, entire words missing from 'Countdown' and the remakes on the 2nd half of the album blows. I'd rather listen to Ween. Recommend if you are a true Megadeth fan is buy nothing but the original soundtrack, not the remasters or remakes.
2 people found this helpful
on March 2, 2018
Classic Metal. Never get old.
on May 24, 2018
Man does this album bring me back good quality sound at downloaded it no problem it was great
on November 29, 2013
Not quite as epic as the first album with Marty, but still a great album. I wish Marty would spend more time as a hired gun for established bands - I tend to like his playing better when he's not the only writer.
on November 30, 2016
Just got this CD along with Rust in Peace. Rust in Peace contains many of the bands most well known songs like Hanger and Holy Wars as well as classics like Tornado of Souls. First off let me say that if your getting into Megadeth you MUST get an album NOT just random songs that are popular. Don't bother if thats what your doing, the only way to listen is with individual albums. But as I was saying RIP has so many well known songs that I didn't know what to expect from Countdown but let me tell you it's amazing. A great follow up to RIP. Has a few shorter type songs to spread it's audience but the title track and a few others are the real best songs on here. Give Psychotron a loud listen as well as countdown to extinction.
For sure check this album out along with RIP. This is one of the best full albums. Everyone seems to like Symphony of Destruction. Great thats a great song but check out Countdown to Extinction and other later tracks. Thats where the meat is. There's a reason the album is called Countdown to Extinction it's because the song with the same name is the best so take the extra time to listen to the later tracks not just the most popular Symphony of Destruction. OH and by the way the DEMO version of Symphony at the end of the album is BETTER than the one every one is buying. Give the first 15 seconds of both a listen one after the other and you'll see what I mean. Much thicker rifts.
If you don't have this album then apparently you don't like Megadeth. The whole album is amazing.
on June 4, 2014
This album is one of the greatest in the 90's. I was in high school when this album came out and it was awesome. Megadeth is one of those bands who wrote songs that had a meaning and made sense.
on January 3, 2016
I loved it!! I never actually listened to the original, but because of the remastered version, I am hunting down for a 1992 version