Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on January 16, 2017
We bought this solely for assembling pizzas and sticking them in the oven as wood is less likely to stick to the dough. I am really happy with it! Once the pies are in the oven I use a thin metal peel for moving them around and extraction, freeing up this one for another assembly. This allows me to have a pie in he oven(it's a single) pretty much non-stop. A bit of flower seems to keep it from sticking, but if one has been sitting on this peel for a while I just run my steel peel under the pizza to make sure it will slide off.
This does not come pre-oiled so I put a generous coating of mineral oil on it and let it sit a few hours before I needed it. Rather than submerse it when we were done I scraped it and wiped it down and then reapplied some mineral oil.
Works great in my Pronto 6000, would definitely recommend it.
on January 4, 2015
When this arrived the handle's lamination looked as though it had been re-glued by the factory. Rather than return it, I purchased some of that plastic dip that you use on tool handles in the color (red) that matches some of my kitchen appliances. I dipped the handle three times over the next couple of days. Now as you can see in the photo, the handle is cushioned and sealed. I have used it many times and the dip has held up. Had the other end had the same issue, I would have returned it immediately. I have put the plastic dip to good use and dipped several of my tools as well.
review image
on January 12, 2015
This is one of those products that once you have it in your home, you wonder why every home kitchen doesn't have one. For some reason, I think we tend to think of this as a professional tool made for cranking out hundreds of pizzas per day.

After using this ONCE, we love it and won't ever reach into the oven again grabbing for pizzas, breads, rolls. We will probably use this to pull cookie sheets too.

Our first use though was classic - pizza off a pizza stone. No juggling - one hand on door, one hand on peel - bamm. I also would not hesitate to serve on this. We are going to start making our own homemade bread weekly so I imagine this peel is going to get quite the workout. But I'd get it for only the occasional pizza now that we'd tried it.
on May 21, 2014
i had hoped this peel would be a good replacement for my plastic one. just received the "counterart bamboo pizza peel." no visible damage to the package. removed the peel from the box, and immediately saw two deep cracks, each several inches long. turned it over and saw one more crack and several splintered and rough areas. further inspection showed delamination along the entire edge around the top curved part.
if it had just had the splintered / rough areas i would have tried the food-grade oil treatment, but those cracks weren't going to be healed by oil.
the size was just what i needed but i don't like wood in my food :(. guess i'll try a metal one next time. fortunately amazon provides pain-free returns.
on April 22, 2016
I received the peel just a few days ago and I immediately used it since was baking bread. This was my whole purpose for buying the peel and I have to say it works great. The peel itself is very nice, smooth and easy to handle. My bread slides off of the peel so easily.If you are a bread baker, this is a nice peel to have. great for those artisan breads.
on September 4, 2014
Very nice kitchen tool, Seems to me made of Bamboo 'Ply' for strength. It's not real wide, so better for 12" or maybe 15" pizzas, tops. The 'spatula end' is nicely formed to easily slide under the pizza - and the wood is very good looking as well. I would recommend that it be coated with Mineral Oil, since it is kinda of like a wooden cutting board. Use any 'oil' you prefer except Cooking oils - They will go Rancid after a period of time. Mineral oil (from drug store) is pretty cheap, and will assure a longer life. This is a definite BUY.
on February 18, 2018
CounterArt Bamboo Pizza PeelThis was exactly as expected, and I love it. It's not much good at scraping a stuck pizza off a hot stone (you need a metal peel for that, not a bamboo one), but it does everything a bamboo peel should do!
on April 4, 2017
Beautiful and functional! Works perfectly for my toaster oven! I use it as the cutting board as well as the oven removal tool for my pizza. When I eat alone, I have used it for a dish as well. I store it against the wall so it's on display!
on December 14, 2016
The picture that comes up to rate this shows someone cutting a pizza on the peel. (Looks like a frozen pizza, which explains a lot). DON'T DO THIS. You use the peel to transfer from your stone to a cutting board. And for that, this product works perfectly.
on December 6, 2011
I've had this peel for several months now and use it about two to three times a month. It's the perfect size for small/medium pizzas, but if you like to make large/XL pizzas, you'll need a bigger one! It's sturdy, cleans easily, has a nice slick surface for sliding pizzas onto a stone (though you do still need to use flour/cornmeal/something under the crust), and as an added bonus it looks nice! I have not had any problems with the bamboo warping or splintering, but I also 1) clean up right away and 2) do NOT allow it to soak in water. It's a great peel at a reasonable price in my opinion!