Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 19 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 23 reviews
on September 13, 2013
Not long ago, in the store where I work, I met a young man named Winston. We discussed books and talked a bit about his interests in authors. His literary tastes intrigued me, and eventually I got around to asking what he does. He told me about a band he plays in called Night Beds and though I was unfamiliar with the band, I decided his reading interests alone (and the fact this his friend, another member of the band who was there at the time, seemed to have good tastes in books as well) were reason for me to check out his and his bands music. I decided to go ahead and order a vinyl copy of "Country Sleep". The album arrived recently and I have to say, this album definitely deserves the high regard it's received in other reviews here and elsewhere. This album is WELL worth checking out. I'm generally a rock and roll/blues/jazz fan but at times I also very much enjoy more subtle forms of music. Country Sleep fits those mellow moods perfectly.

If you're looking for something reflective, dream like, introspective, this is it. Ripe with gorgeous melodies, well crafted tunes, and a touch of Nashville, Country Sleep is the start of something big. I have no doubt we'll be hearing more from this young and talented artist and his fellow musicians.

Well done, Winston and company!
on April 13, 2013
If you are new to Night Beds as I am / was, then I can tell you a certain fact: If you click on any one of their songs for a little sample, you will immediately know what you are in for with the rest of their material and either love it immediately... or not. It's like when you meet someone for the first time and in just a few moments you can tell if that person is going to be a friend or just an acquaintance (or totally for avoiding, haha). I am totally fond of Night Beds upon first listen, and the subsequent listens. All of their stuff just walks in my door and is welcome as a close and trusted friend. Just like a comfortable chair I've loved for years, this is a perfect fit for me. I wish you the same. -Mike in TX
on October 9, 2013
I cannot remember the last time I was so enthralled and delighted by an album. And its writer, singer, instrumentalist. To me, he is sui generis. For one so young to create such profound and touching beauty ... I can think of a few other Rare examples, but comparisons are odious.

Winston's lyrics are poetry. His music and voice gives pleasure only music can evoke.

I use the word "Shaman", because Philosopher would be pretentious. A Shaman, in very ancient times, interpreted and embroidered the world for his/her people. We're the same people, only modern. We still need Shamans.

I think "Even If We Try" is of that tradition.
on May 11, 2013
Country Sleep is a convincing opening from a songwriter worth paying attention to. Think more of pastoral My Morning Jacket or Irish superstar-in-waiting James Vincent McMorrow and their keening, introspective-yet-expansive songs. Country Sleep will never get a party swinging, but it’d more than cater for the boozy walk home under starry skies.
on August 25, 2015
Love this band and love this album. A plush mix of surprisingly upbeat songs along with lilting ballads. Winston Yellen's voice is out of this world.
on April 14, 2013
Next day, played a few teasers from the album and found no mediocre tracks and bought the album.....great album with real heart....fits right into my desire for quality indie/alt/ gazer/nu-folk/ chill wave.....hits home....never old....just a well done LP that is hopefully the first of many! Enjoy!
on November 3, 2015
Great record! Excellent songwriting and production and a strong debut from Winston Yellen and company.
on June 9, 2015
Excellent music. If you are on the fence about this band go watch their tiny desk concert on YouTube for NPR.
on April 25, 2013
Amazing. Simply amazing. I love this album. I do not often find myself listening to an album in its entirety but, this music is so emotionally satisfying that is exactly what happens. This is EASILY my favorite album of the year so far in 2013!
on March 26, 2016