Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $49.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on October 15, 2016
I had taken this book out of the library, and once I read it, I knew I wanted my own copy. I love the author's aesthetic, with the emphasis on the organic nature of the softies--uneven stitches, mixed colors and fabrics, and so forth.
I am making the fox (on the cover) at the moment. The directions are very clear, the patterns simple, and it's so much fun! I highly recommend this book.
on April 17, 2013
I must own 30 books on doll making - and I do make a lot of dolls, most of which I design myself - but I am happy that I bought this one for my shelf. The hedgehog alone is worth it and the fox is super cute as well. Toys for adults or kids - and ways to use up all those old clothes that either have moth holes or don't fit or you moved to the tropics and don't know what to do with all those wool shirts and pants. I haven't tried any of them yet, but I will definitely make the hedgehog, I even like the word! We don't have hedgehogs, and I adore them. The other animals are also sweet and certainly doable. Beginners or experts will enjoy playing with these toys - and also making them.
on January 18, 2013
This is a very cute book of woodland type critters. The designs call for old wool sweaters so I picked some up at the thrift store, and felt.
All designs are able to be sewn by hand and/or sewing machine.
Each design could easily be made your own depending on the fabric you use.
All designs come with color picture examples and templates.
Supplies are all things most people would have in their normal craft kits.
I think this would be a great book for kids as well, assuming parents would help with sewing and pattern cutting.
on June 17, 2014
This book is so much fun to read and look through. Absolutely beautiful photography accompanies excellent instructions. There is a good range of projects sewists to choose from and Amy writes in an approachable manner. This book feels like a walk in a cool forest among the creatures you are creating. Relaxing and refreshing. (Yeah that came out completely cheesy but I stand by it - I love looking through this book just because it does so much for my soul :D)
on September 11, 2015
I made two foxes and a rabbit using this guide. Easy. These critters are adorable! Straightforward and simple and if I can make cute critters using this book, so can you. Give it a go! I even adapted a fox to be a door draft stopper with a ver-r-r-y long tail... Everyone loves it! Be adored by your grand chirrens ~ they'll love these sweeties!
on August 25, 2014
I think 5 stars is not enough for this one. I have already made 2 of the cute little critters and found them so easy to make. I am working on a whole forest of animals for a table top display. Good instruction and great for using up old sweaters, suit coats and more. I would recommend this one for the crafter who has to keep her hands busy in front of the TV as there is quite a bit of hand work, which I love. Thank you Amy Adams.
on December 20, 2013
The patterns are available as a separate pdf download. This was not very obvious when I first looked the the book. The patterns are linked from the pattern pages at the back of the book. It would certainly be appreciated if this was made clear on the book's Kindle page. Aside from this, there are very clear instructions for making each little softie.
on April 30, 2013
First found this at the public library and knew I want to have my own. Great patterns and easy directions. Fun animals for myself and gift for family and friends.
on May 4, 2014
Good book if you like specialty crafts.
on November 13, 2016
Love making these sweet little pets!