Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Grocery iQ
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on April 21, 2011
Phone: Droid X(Android 2.2.1, Liberty 2.01)

To me, in the world of Android grocery lists, there are two major players. There's a few more, but I really don't feel like the android version of grocery king or OI shopping list stand up to these two. So that leaves you with Grocery IQ and Mighty Grocery. While both are target the same audience. And Grocery IQ is free, mighty grocery does have a lot of features, enough that the $3 could very well be justified.

Grocery IQ:
When I started using this, I had a lot of sync issues which turned me off of this. But I recently tried it again, and the sync worked this time around. It's simplified, compared to mighty grocery. Quick lists, easy ui, can share lists between say you and your wifes/husbands phone. Does a pretty good job organizing, ok barcode scanning, and can email list to yourself. Overall, for free, it's extremely useable, and worth the download. The only thing that really annoyed me are the coupons, uses coupons.com service, which makes you jump through a lot of hoops to actually get a coupon printed out.

Mighty Grocery
I was actually pretty satisfied using the free version of mighty grocery, until amazon decided to give the full version away. Even the free version does a great job of auto-categorizing the foods you enter. And it goes well beyond just that, letting you customize the aisles/categories and predefining food to go into which. If you're motivated, you can really strategize the hell out of your shopping trip. Full version adds things like recipes, extends predefined lists, backup, barcode scan, configurable tabs, and screen rotation. Which a few of those actually come in pretty handy. Because of the amount of features, certain areas of mighty grocery definitely take some time getting used to. UI is good for what it is, but you definitely can find yourself getting lost. Having so many options with things like predefined catalogs, recipes, and so many options to share, are the real selling points to me. I can dump lists to facebook, springpad, my email, dropbox, etc. And starting with my previous list is essential for my shopping needs.

Winner? To me, they are both great applications, and grocery IQ being free makes it totally worthwile. But for me, i still love mighty grocery. It's worth the $3. After I took the time to get used to it, i can't go to anything else. Try the free version, compare yourself.
on April 4, 2011
LOVE this app. I have always written a grocery list and then re-written it in the order in which I go through the store. I can arrange the isles in this app so everything is sorted and in order as soon as I enter the item. If my husband is stopping by the store, he can see our synced list and pick up any items we may be needing without having to call to ask.
on March 28, 2011
Well, now the wife can save a few trees by sending me shopping lists via Grocery IQ instead of scribbling a list out on paper. Also, she gets to tell me which brand she wants (I habitually get whatever is one sale or the cheapest). She just adds items to the list, the list is synced between our phones, and I'm ready to pick up a few things on my way home from work. Can detail which store the item needs to be gotten at if not sold everywhere, which is a nice touch. Setup via barcode scanning works pretty well, but store brands may be a little trouble.
on February 14, 2012
Regularly crashes. Sync feature does not work properly. Returns e- mail addresses from unrelated people. Very dangerous ssecurity problem! Beware.
on January 13, 2013
I have this app on my iPhone and user it daily, I absolutely love it. I also have it synced up to my husband's iPhone so he can pick up shutting I may have forgotten on his way home. So I was so excited when I saw my new kindle had it available, but it doesn't sync!! It keeps saying the connection isn't available and to try again later. I've tried signing in with my original username, I've tried creating a new username, I've tried just saying "reset", nothing works. It keeps timing out. It's infuriating and makes this app completely useless on here for me.
on January 8, 2012
I read a few of the reviews and said I'll try it anyways. I found out quick this app id not for the kindle. The calculator does not have a decimal so u can not accurately get the total of ur groceries. If this app raives savings its not going to happen when u have to round your cost.
on January 3, 2013
I have this installed on an Android phone (got it from Google play store) and have used the browser version on my PC to set up favorites and stores. When I use the app on my phone (logging into the account) I see what I have set up. When I use the app on the Kindle (also logging into the account) I don't see anything that I have set up. Similarly nothing I enter on the Kindle shows up anywhere else.
on December 10, 2011
I really thought this was going to be THE ONE, the list app that saved the day. Dang was I wrong! I tried it on my Kindle Fire. You can't enter cents easily as there is no decimal point so Fritos cost $448.00. You also can't add an aisle. The option is there, but no enter/save button to be found. Seriously!?
on January 3, 2013
My husband and I have been using the Grocery IQ app on our Androids for a while now. Works great - when I want him to pick up a few items on his way home from work (or vice versa) we just enter it into the app and it syncs with each other's phone. I wanted to put it on my daughter's Kindle Fire so she can add things at home but it would not sync at all and nothing could be added. The Android version... 5 stars. Kindle Fire version... 0 stars for an average of 3 stars.
on May 8, 2012
This is a great app for sharing and works great on the Iphone but does not work on Kindle Fire. Cannot add items to your list. Why offer for Kindle if it doesn't work???